November 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online

Irish Mae

Sep 12, 2022
Philippines
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
September 14, 2022
Hi guys. How did you sign your forms online? By typing your names or typing names with signature above your names?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The title of this thread reads November 2022 Spousal Sponsorship Outland - Online. That seems to make very clear who should be posting here. But, after just 20 posts, the thread has already attracted 3 inland applicants to post. That seems to be the way on this forum. No one reads instructions and just post what they like, where they like, making for increasingly unwieldy threads as time goes on, with lots of irrelevant posting included. Makes the thread less and less useful. Take a look at the "Spousal Sponsorship" thread under the "Family Class Sponsorship" head. Now running to 2,792 pages. Who can draw anything from that?

I too applied online (only way to apply since Sept. 23) outland in Nov. 2022. But probably a waste of time to say much here, since already the thread is being cluttered up with posts that do not belong here.

I note as well, that rarely, if ever, do any of these kinds of threads specify just where the outland principal applicant is located. I suspect that one might see different patterns emerging if one were to compare, say, applicants from the Philippines against applicants from the United Kingdom, or France, or wherever. But, there seems to be an unwritten rule against stating the place of residence of the principal applicant. Not sure why that is. Maybe someone can explain.
I agree that people just post whereever they feel like... (inland vs outland is less annoying comparing to people posting about work permit or visitor visa with no family as PR/citizen in Canada)

I have seen VO specific discussion. But less of one of PA's home country. It does affect processing but there are also other factors (works in many other countries, travel a lot...etc)

Anyway, good luck with your application. I think there is a spreadsheet where people fill in, shared and you can sort by PA's residence (and maybe citizenship/passport bearing country as well)

Let me see if I can find the link.

Reactions: Kaibigan

cygnusx1

Mar 13, 2020
Outland online application submitted for my wife on November 15th.

For anyone curious about status and/or country, I'm Canadian-born and she is from Cameroon.

Best of luck to everyone and looking forward to all your updates.

Reactions: zeebah

appu204

Dec 2, 2022
Outland spousal sponsorship application submitted on 29 November 2022.
Sponsor- naturalized citizen of Indian origin
Principal applicant- from Philippines
Hoping to get AOR in Feb 2023
All the best for all of us.

Reactions: Mysterydee

cygnusx1

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for that info.

Btw, I mentioned my view that we all should state residence country of the PA, not just out of nosiness or idle curiosity, but to allow us to see if applicants from some countries appear to enjoy quicker processing, fewer hassles, etc., than others. Of course, as @YVR stated above, many other factors come into play and, no doubt, no two applications are the same. Nonetheless, I regard it as useful information to share.

Anyway, having stated my position, I should also supply the same basic information I expect to see from others. Like @cygnusx1, I am also Canadian-born and wife is from Philippines. We submitted on November 27, 2022. We were married in the Philippines in April 2022. It took until late November to put together all the required paperwork. There were some serious obstacles to overcome before we could complete the application.
Absolutely, I think the more info we can share with each other, the better. My wife and I were married in Cameroon June 20th, 2022. So we likely share similarities in our applications because our marriages are more recent. We took approximately 2 and a half months from start to finish with the application to make sure everything was in order, double checking documents, adding documents, etc.

If anyone has any useful anecdotes, offer away. Similarly, if you have questions, please ask. We all want to be able to enjoy our lives with our loved ones by our side, so let's help each other out if we can.

Reactions: Kaibigan

Ebuka91

Star Member
Nov 30, 2022
Canada/UAE
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
23-12-2022
AOR Received.
23-02-2023
Hi everyone, I wanted to follow this thread as well as I applied late Oct. I am Canadian, my husband is Nigerian, residing in Dubai. Hope to see great outcomes for all.

desimoose

Dec 6, 2022
Hey guys!
My spousal application was submitted on November 12, 2022.
Let's create a Whatsapp group if there isn't one already.

tizzyboi

Star Member
Aug 20, 2020
Outland Spousal Sponsorship. Submitted 6 Nov 2022. Glad to be connected with you guys to keep track of how things are moving. hoping to see AoRs flowing in for us from Jan 2023!

Reactions: madhuece446