+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 Inland Spouse Sponsorship

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
thats awesome! While I was an early december applicant, this gives me hope we may see some more movement on our file soon. Once you get the ecopr, is that what can be used to update SIN and look for work? Or do you have to wait on the pr card in the mail?
You are correct on both.
End of 2022 Inland applicants have been getting their applications processed really fast, some even had it done from start to finish in 1 month flat.
The COPR is already enough to apply for a SIN. My spouse and I are going to Service Canada this Monday to apply for the SIN. With the SIN a Permanent Resident can already work legally, as well as open CREDIT accounts (whereas before only debit accounts were allowed).

The only thing my spouse will wait for the PR Card before doing is to travel outside of the country. Mainly because - although the application has been completed - we fear the PR status overrides my spouse's visitor status (ETA), meaning my spouse might only be able to enter via land border (walking for example) because public transportation services cannot confirm the PR Status without a physical card (but land border can), and the COPR is not a travel document but can be used to validate PR status in a land border.

Reactions: Leeanncr

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
You are correct on both.
End of 2022 Inland applicants have been getting their applications processed really fast, some even had it done from start to finish in 1 month flat.
The COPR is already enough to apply for a SIN. My spouse and I are going to Service Canada this Monday to apply for the SIN. With the SIN a Permanent Resident can already work legally, as well as open CREDIT accounts (whereas before only debit accounts were allowed).

The only thing my spouse will wait for the PR Card before doing is to travel outside of the country. Mainly because - although the application has been completed - we fear the PR status overrides my spouse's visitor status (ETA), meaning my spouse might only be able to enter via land border (walking for example) because public transportation services cannot confirm the PR Status without a physical card (but land border can), and the COPR is not a travel document but can be used to validate PR status in a land border.
Thank you. My spouse holds closed work permit so already has a SIN but will need to have it changed so he can work anywhere. We chose not to apply for OWP due to the timing of PR lately. We just travelled for 10 days to my spouses home country of Jamaica to bury his mother, so he won’t need to travel for a while unless an emergency but he also was just granted a 5 year visa in January, however in event of emergency you can have PR card expediated. Congrats on your final stages! I am hoping we get there soon, my step children just completed biometrics last week, which we had to delay a bit but still within timeframes as my step son lost his passport and we had to get that replaced while we were in Jamaica. Hoping it doesn’t cause any delays.

Reactions: CBarr

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
November 28th: Inland Spousal Application Submitted
December 2nd: Temporary file number issued.
December 15th: AOR received
December 21st: Medical passed
December 23rd: Biometrics done
January 18th: Sponsor eligibility approved
January 27th: Request to resubmit Proof of Relationship.
February 3rd: Pre arrival letter
February 6th: PR Portal invite.

fela1988

Jan 30, 2023
You are correct on both.

Did you ever receive any updates on your OWP withdraw?

Mindy1128

Feb 6, 2023
Wow, that's so fast! Congrats! I just received my pre-arrival letter last week, and I am now waiting anxiously for any update from them. Do you mind sharing which office is yours? Mine is Mississauga.

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
Wow, that's so fast! Congrats! I just received my pre-arrival letter last week, and I am now waiting anxiously for any update from them. Do you mind sharing which office is yours? Mine is Mississauga.
Mine is also Mississauga.

I would also add that things like the pr tracker have been completely useless for me. I was only able to make an account as of last week which hasn't even been updated.

Obviously i have never recieved any kind of OWP or indication they were processing it depsite applying for it, not that im complaining but i paid twice for the OWP so i would expect this will be refunded.

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Did you ever receive any updates on your OWP withdraw?
Just that a note they told us they added to my spouse's OWP application on the same day it was requested. We are not expecting any update for at least another 2 more months on that regard, people's OWP under FC sponsorship appear to be mostly delayed by that amount before they actually start looking at it.

I expect a full refund because it never started processing, even though it said it started but that was due to it being linked to the sponsorship application which seems to be an automatic thing.

Reactions: fela1988

Mindy1128

Feb 6, 2023
Mine is also Mississauga.

I would also add that things like the pr tracker have been completely useless for me. I was only able to make an account as of last week which hasn't even been updated.

Obviously i have never recieved any kind of OWP or indication they were processing it depsite applying for it, not that im complaining but i paid twice for the OWP so i would expect this will be refunded.
Same here with the tracker! Even thou in my GC key, it says the eligibility and background check are in progress, however, in the tracker, they both are not even started. I guess it is better to just log in GC key more often.
BTW, I have also applied for OWP, but nothing has happened so faro_O I read people try to refund it through Web form or calling IRCC or contact their local MP directly, you may try these too!

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
February 9th: PR Portal Login recieved
February 9th: PR Portal declaration complete

Leeds_92

Dec 12, 2022
February 15th: ECOPR received

ikorut

Jan 10, 2023
When you receive the AOR was the same application number as the temporary one? Same without X or completely different number

Leeanncr

Star Member
Dec 10, 2022
congrats!

Reactions: Leeds_92