+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

rildney

Sep 17, 2023
Congrats! Seems like it's raining good news :)
Was your file stuck in Sydney?
Also does it show your LPP completed today on your tracker?
No, surprisingly was stuck in Vancouver, which is where I live. I gave up understanding why it take so long for some, even when there's no clue on the notes or anything unusual in the application. Glad it's over for me hopefully for others here soon.

Reactions: Calgary222

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
No, surprisingly was stuck in Vancouver, which is where I live. I gave up understanding why it take so long for some, even when there's no clue on the notes or anything unusual in the application. Glad it's over for me hopefully for others here soon.
So you came to know from the tracker today that your LPP completed? Because I remember you were stuck at LPP.

rildney

Sep 17, 2023
So you came to know from the tracker today that your LPP completed? Because I remember you were stuck at LPP.
No, I didn't check the tracker, I received the email with the Notice to Appear - Ceremony. Last time I checked the tracker (few days ago) it was just showing the same (no updates). And yes, I was stuck at LPP since February and no updates at all. I requested updates via webform about a couple months ago, but it's hard to tell if it really did something or it was just a matter or waiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Calgary222

mirazahmed

Oct 11, 2023
I bought ticket to fly to my home country in January 2024. My PR card has expired in May this year. I didn't apply for a renewal, thinking I would become a citizen in a few months. But nothing happened since I took the test in April. So, I applied for PR card renewal last month. Not sure if PR card renewal application could further delay my citizenship application.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
I bought ticket to fly to my home country in January 2024. My PR card has expired in May this year. I didn't apply for a renewal, thinking I would become a citizen in a few months. But nothing happened since I took the test in April. So, I applied for PR card renewal last month. Not sure if PR card renewal application could further delay my citizenship application.
It has no impact whatsoever, infact I have even heard from a few that it helped trigger movement in their application but I haven't heard it slow down the progress.

Reactions: mirazahmed