+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

jpv2212

Jan 30, 2015
Category........
FSW
What's happening with IRCC nowadays? Does anybody have any idea why the process takes way too long? My app has been in LPP pending status since Mar 2023.

Janice2022

Star Member
Aug 19, 2022
Can someone pleaae tell me if E CERTIFICATE considered an ORIGINAL DOCUMENT for MINOR passport application? Or should I wait for a paper certificate before I apply? Thank you!

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
So her BG hasn't passed yet which could take weeks to 6 months. Security is done by CBSA not IRCC, you can order CBSA notes to see which stage it is at.
Hi,

I noticed my wife PR card has "Unknown" (UNKN./INCON.) in Place of Landing, can this be the cause of the long security screening? If so, is there anyway to proactively fix that?

Thanks

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi,

I noticed my wife PR card has "Unknown" (UNKN./INCON.) in Place of Landing, can this be the cause of the long security screening? If so, is there anyway to proactively fix that?

Thanks
IRCC redacts most of the notes so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Again if it bothers you, raise a webform and attach your notes asking for the reason.
In the notes, I have zeros as my SIN no. so God knows what they're upto!

Last edited:
Reactions: ashrafteleb

lamakupdy2

May 7, 2023
My Timeline is
•Application sent in December 01
•AOR December 19
• Test Invite February 19
• Test Completed march 9
• BG Not completed
• LPP Not Completed

i sent a webform two Months Ago They Didn’t reply what should i do

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019

rildney

Sep 17, 2023
Hi,

I'm wondering what's happening with my application. Online application as family (me and wife).

- Application sent: Nov 2022
- Test Invite: Jan 2023
- Test Completed: Feb 2023

Ever since we completed the test, there has been NO updates at all.

On the application tracker the only 2 things showing as completed is the BG check and the Test Completed. Everything else is In Progress since Feb 2023 and the Ceremony is 'Not Started '.

Everyone I know who applied after me has finished their application already.

Any clue and any advice on what we should do, please?

Thanks a lot.

Feb 21, 2023
Hi,

I'm wondering what's happening with my application. Online application as family (me and wife).

- Application sent: Nov 2022
- Test Invite: Jan 2023
- Test Completed: Feb 2023

Ever since we completed the test, there has been NO updates at all.

On the application tracker the only 2 things showing as completed is the BG check and the Test Completed. Everything else is In Progress since Feb 2023 and the Ceremony is 'Not Started '.

Everyone I know who applied after me has finished their application already.

Any clue and any advice on what we should do, please?

Thanks a lot.
Me and my wife are in the same position with similar timelines. The advice on here mostly seems to be 'wait it out'

PianoTiger

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Hi I received this email today:

You were scheduled to take the Oath of Citizenship on August 23, 2023. We received the explanation you provided for being unable to attend this event. We reviewed your explanation and regret to inform you that it was deemed unreasonable and does not warrant an absence for the Oath of Citizenship. However, we will accommodate you and you will be scheduled into a future ceremony. This will be noted as a Final notice to appear, though an equal opportunity to complete the Oath taking.

A Final Notice to Appear for ceremony will follow in due course, please pay close attention to your inbox. Please confirm your availability as of October 8, 2023 so that we may add you into the queue for a new ceremony.”

i told them i will come back on the 8th of October. I have my oath ceremony tomorrow morning and i was planning to attend it and do a urgent passport and evisa to travel to india. What should i do now? Super confused now
They are now permitting applicants to take the oath outside of Canada. Why did you cancel it again?