+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

aj970031

Jul 31, 2017
So, because everything is at a standstill since I gave the test in March, I decided to call our good friends at IRCC. Called them at 2:45 and the nice robot lady said that there is a 20 minutes wait.
At 3:05, an agent picked the phone and after basic verification, looked at my file. She confirmed that there’s nothing wrong, nothing pending and it’s in progress. Based on the standard SLA, it “must” be done by April’24 but she was confident that it will be done much before that. When, she couldn’t say.

KAulakh

Mar 12, 2020
Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1200
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 10
Delivered: Nov 16
AOR :- 24 nov
Fingerprints required:- 16 feb
Given on :- 21 march 2023
Recevied :-3 april
Bg verification completed :4 april
Test window (16 aprilto 4 may ) niagara fall office
Test complete 28 april
Test complete Show on tracker :- 2 may
Language complete on 10 july
Got request for I94 on 10july
Send paperwork on on 11 july
Physical presence and probhitions complete on 18 july
Citizenship ceremony :- not started
Got email on 29 july
Today i got this email Please find the instructions to download your electronic Canadian Citizenship Certificate (e-Certificate) in the attached document
Oath update on 1 aug on tracker
Got oath email on 3 aug
(its online on 22 aug ) oath date
Got E- certificate today after 12 pm

mcop

Apr 11, 2023
Are GCMS notes helpful?

What does it mean a date on Notes? I saw some saying their due date there is on Jan 2024 others Feb 2024.

I only have my test marked as complete, all the rest is marked as in progress. Sad to see that a good chunk of people here are stuck like me, and then I see others with their oath scheduled.hard to understand their process. Feels like it is based on luck..

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Are GCMS notes helpful?

What does it mean a date on Notes? I saw some saying their due date there is on Jan 2024 others Feb 2024.

I only have my test marked as complete, all the rest is marked as in progress. Sad to see that a good chunk of people here are stuck like me, and then I see others with their oath scheduled.hard to understand their process. Feels like it is based on luck..
Besides the due date of LPP on my GCMS notes, I didn't get any extra information. Now I'm not sure if its system generated or manually determined by the processing officer. I noticed my due date is 12 months from my AOR which happens to be Jan 2024, now the officer can be a proactive one and complete it now or be a lazy one and go beyond the due date.
I've seen cases where coincidently right after ordering the notes some kind of progress was made on their file so you can give it a try, won't slow things or affect your application.

Last edited:

user321

Nov 11, 2022
My application seems to be behind most others. They requested fingerprints and I got them from the RCMP and sent them 6 weeks ago. They still are marked as "waiting on you." Should I be worried?

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Good morning all,
Just completed my Citizenship Ceremony, Oath Form signed and submitted.
Thank you all so much for your support and assistance, I wish you all the best !
And for those still waiting, your time will come soon!
Cheers,

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
My application seems to be behind most others. They requested fingerprints and I got them from the RCMP and sent them 6 weeks ago. They still are marked as "waiting on you." Should I be worried?
the note waiting on you" stays on there for a very long time. it is normal, dont worry

Reactions: user321

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
You or anyone else got their application expedited this way or is it just a boilerplate response?
i sent a webform and a month later things moved along so I thought the webform helped. them a month after my oath (2 months after sending the webform) i got an reply saying they are working on my file and that they didnt need anything further.
so obviously they didnt even look at my file.

Reactions: Calgary222

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
So, because everything is at a standstill since I gave the test in March, I decided to call our good friends at IRCC. Called them at 2:45 and the nice robot lady said that there is a 20 minutes wait.
At 3:05, an agent picked the phone and after basic verification, looked at my file. She confirmed that there’s nothing wrong, nothing pending and it’s in progress. Based on the standard SLA, it “must” be done by April’24 but she was confident that it will be done much before that. When, she couldn’t say.

So I received my notes. LPP shows as not started in my notes with a deadline for January 2024. Criminality and Test has been passed. Everything else looks normal. Just looks like I have a lazy officer who is taking his sweet time to do the rest of the work.

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Also in my notes, Primary office is Hamilton. Secondary office is Sydney. LPP has been alloted to RC-8090 which is Sydney. Is it true that Sydney is super slow?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Also in my notes, Primary office is Hamilton. Secondary office is Sydney. LPP has been alloted to RC-8090 which is Sydney. Is it true that Sydney is super slow?
Sydney office is the worst office for 2022 applicants. My due date is also Jan 2024, hoping it doesn't pass that date! LPP shouldn't be that hard when our test and background checks have already been completed.
Under application assignment it's blank, so they probably haven't touched my file, sigh!

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Sydney office is the worst office for 2022 applicants. My due date is also Jan 2024, hoping it doesn't pass that date! LPP shouldn't be that hard when our test and background checks have already been completed.
Under application assignment it's blank, so they probably haven't touched my file, sigh!
I just found that that there is a seperate thread for it on the forum since its a super slow office! Sigh! My bad luck! Everything seems normal in my notes and its all routine. Just have to wait. Sucks!

Last edited:

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
RC-8090 is a super slow office. There is a seperate thread for it on the forum! Sigh! My bad luck! Everything seems normal in my notes and its all routine. Just have to wait. Sucks!
We didn't have to submit fingerprints and we didn't give our test outside Canada, everything is straightforward in our application too.

Reactions: johnsyk

rockstarcg90

Star Member
Dec 6, 2022
Good morning all,
Just completed my Citizenship Ceremony, Oath Form signed and submitted.
Thank you all so much for your support and assistance, I wish you all the best !
And for those still waiting, your time will come soon!
Cheers,
Did you check the portal? Is your e-Cert available to download yet?