Delivered: November 8th Online
AOR: November 23rd
Background: January 25th 2023
Citizenship test complete: April 14th 2023
LPP: August 16th 20203
Oath Ceremony Date Scheduled : September 28th 2023

prathic

Jun 2, 2019
Do not under any circumstances miss your ceremony now that you have gotten this response. Yes, they are correct - Notice to Appear - is not an invitation and it's the officers discretion as to reschedule. Some are strict and some are not. Go ahead, and ask for e-certificate and apply for urgent passport with next business day pick up (it's going to cost you $$).

Also, prepare to delay your departure date as you see fit because you will need to apply for an e-visa (tourist) 4 business days before your arrival in India. You do not need to surrender your Indian passport to obtain an e-visa. DO NOT travel on your Indian Passport once you complete your oath.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/fees/passport-canada.html
https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html
Hi I received this email today:

You were scheduled to take the Oath of Citizenship on August 23, 2023. We received the explanation you provided for being unable to attend this event. We reviewed your explanation and regret to inform you that it was deemed unreasonable and does not warrant an absence for the Oath of Citizenship. However, we will accommodate you and you will be scheduled into a future ceremony. This will be noted as a Final notice to appear, though an equal opportunity to complete the Oath taking.

A Final Notice to Appear for ceremony will follow in due course, please pay close attention to your inbox. Please confirm your availability as of October 8, 2023 so that we may add you into the queue for a new ceremony.”

i told them i will come back on the 8th of October. I have my oath ceremony tomorrow morning and i was planning to attend it and do a urgent passport and evisa to travel to india. What should i do now? Super confused now

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi I received this email today:

You were scheduled to take the Oath of Citizenship on August 23, 2023. We received the explanation you provided for being unable to attend this event. We reviewed your explanation and regret to inform you that it was deemed unreasonable and does not warrant an absence for the Oath of Citizenship. However, we will accommodate you and you will be scheduled into a future ceremony. This will be noted as a Final notice to appear, though an equal opportunity to complete the Oath taking.

A Final Notice to Appear for ceremony will follow in due course, please pay close attention to your inbox. Please confirm your availability as of October 8, 2023 so that we may add you into the queue for a new ceremony.”

i told them i will come back on the 8th of October. I have my oath ceremony tomorrow morning and i was planning to attend it and do a urgent passport and evisa to travel to india. What should i do now? Super confused now
At this point, there is not much you can do other than wait now that they have accommodated your request to postpone your ceremony but wait. Once you are back in Canada on Oct 8, send them an e-mail with a copy of your boarding documents/pass and entry/exit stamps if any on your passport to confirm that you are back in Canada. Once you have done that, wait for your **Final** Notice to Appear. It may take up to 6 months for rescheduling your oath once you submit your proof of return to Canada. Also, keep an eye on your junk mail directory as well in addition to your inbox. If you miss your next and Final oath ceremony, your application will be closed and you will have to start the process all over again.

I don't think you will be able to proceed with your oath tomorrow now that you have received an email confirming that they have rescheduled you.

Good luck! It's now back to playing the waiting game...

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020
Hi, My application (AOR: 28th Nov, 2022 - Niagara Falls VO) last updated on Feb 9th, 2023 after my test got updated to complete. No update since then.
Requested GMCS - No response.
Tried calling IRCC - No response.

can someone suggest any other ways to reach out to an agent to ask for what's happening with the application?

Thanks in advance!

prathic

Jun 2, 2019
At this point, there is not much you can do other than wait now that they have accommodated your request to postpone your ceremony but wait. Once you are back in Canada on Oct 8, send them an e-mail with a copy of your boarding documents/pass and entry/exit stamps if any on your passport to confirm that you are back in Canada. Once you have done that, wait for your **Final** Notice to Appear. It may take up to 6 months for rescheduling your oath once you submit your proof of return to Canada. Also, keep an eye on your junk mail directory as well in addition to your inbox. If you miss your next and Final oath ceremony, your application will be closed and you will have to start the process all over again.

I don't think you will be able to proceed with your oath tomorrow now that you have received an email confirming that they have rescheduled you.

Good luck! It's now back to playing the waiting game...
I asked yesterday if i can attend the ceremony and they responded 8 am today in the morning saying i am more than welcome to attend the ceremony. During the ceremony i spoke to the clerk with whom i was speaking to throught emails and she was very kind and sweet to my surprise. I request for a expedited e-certificate and she said she will process my oath form as soon as the ceremony gets done and she now sent an email saying it’s processed. Still waiting for e-certificate on the portal to apply for passport

Reactions: shiremag

prathic

Jun 2, 2019
I asked yesterday if i can attend the ceremony and they responded 8 am today in the morning saying i am more than welcome to attend the ceremony. During the ceremony i spoke to the clerk with whom i was speaking to throught emails and she was very kind and sweet to my surprise. I request for a expedited e-certificate and she said she will process my oath form as soon as the ceremony gets done and she now sent an email saying it’s processed. Still waiting for e-certificate on the portal to apply for passport
And I received it immediately. Going for urgent passport tomorrow

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi, My application (AOR: 28th Nov, 2022 - Niagara Falls VO) last updated on Feb 9th, 2023 after my test got updated to complete. No update since then.
Requested GMCS - No response.
Tried calling IRCC - No response.

can someone suggest any other ways to reach out to an agent to ask for what's happening with the application?

Thanks in advance!
You can send a webform and email your processing office.

Reactions: bergy2018

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
My due date on the notes is Jan 2024. I hope this doesn't mean they won't touch my file until then!!
I have applied for my notes and I hope to get it by end of the month.

Reactions: Calgary222