+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
Congratulations on becoming a citizen.
I was also in attendance at the virtual ceremony on July 26th (NGF office) and opted for e-certificate. I have send oath form on the same day but I am yet to receive the email to download the certificate. Could you please share the your steps taken after the oath? Did you receive any acknowledgment for sending the oath form?
Thank you, and Congratulations to ypu as well.
NGF IRCC is taking their sweet time to provide details about how to access e certificates.
I contacted multiple times and then they se nt me the code for the ircc portal.
So basically they will send a code in an email to open an account in ircc portal.
After you do that- in the bottom of the page you will have option to click download e certificate.

Last edited:

steffyc

Apr 23, 2017
Thank you, and Congratulations to ypu as well.
NGF IRCC is taking their sweet time to provide details about how to access e certificates.
I contacted multiple times and then they se nt me the code for the ircc portal.
So basically they will send a code in an email to open an account in ircc portal.
After you do that- in the bottom of the page you will have option to click download e certificate.
Thank you for the insight. Did you reply on the oath email to contact them or did you call instead?

steffyc

Apr 23, 2017
Get an invite code here:
https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Register and download after you get the invite code

Edit: Make sure you use the same email ID that you provided IRCC for your Citizenship application when you register
Thanks for providing that. Unfortunately once I registered, it says that there is an error with my submission and that “Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship”. I have just checked my email to them for the oath form and the form is 1mb. Do you think this is an issue?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thanks for providing that. Unfortunately once I registered, it says that there is an error with my submission and that “Your e-Certificate is not available. Please try again 2-5 business days after you provided your signed Oath of Citizenship”. I have just checked my email to them for the oath form and the form is 1mb. Do you think this is an issue?
This is normal. You'll need to wait till the clerk closes your file for the e-cert to be available... Keep trying. Just don't try more than once every half hour during business hours of your oath office or you'll be locked out for 24h

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
This is normal. You'll need to wait till the clerk closes your file for the e-cert to be available... Keep trying. Just don't try more than once every half hour during business hours of your oath office or you'll be locked out for 24h

My spouse got her E certificate - they processed it faster cause we told the clerk that she has an urgent trip next week. We will apply for urgent passeport tomorrow.

For my E certificate its still giving me the error so I just gotta wait for it and there is no rush for me.

Reactions: shiremag

steffyc

Apr 23, 2017
Thank you for the heads up and for the advice. Appreciate it.

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
My spouse got her E certificate - they processed it faster cause we told the clerk that she has an urgent trip next week. We will apply for urgent passeport tomorrow.

For my E certificate its still giving me the error so I just gotta wait for it and there is no rush for me.
same here, I completed my online-oath on the same day as you on 31st and asked for e-certificate. I didnt get the certificate yet.

Reactions: Zicomatic

Jojo!86

Star Member
Aug 17, 2018
I just got my e certificate this morning. It was a long journey but its finally over. Good luck to everyone and just hang tight your citizenship will be coming over
congrats! did you get an email or just checked in the IRCC portal to download? Assuming yours was also from Manitoba, my seat no was 110 so I might have to wait a little

Reactions: Zicomatic

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
congrats! did you get an email or just checked in the IRCC portal to download? Assuming yours was also from Manitoba, my seat no was 110 so I might have to wait a little
I got an email with all instructions PDF - Yeah I was also on the Manitoba one. My seat was 80. You will get yours in the next hours or days

Reactions: Jojo!86

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
Thank you for the insight. Did you reply on the oath email to contact them or did you call instead?
I replied to the oath email. Sent the oath affirmation document couple of times and requested them to provide me portal access as I have travel plans this week.
I believe 1888--2100 number would not be helpful at this stage.

SalCanada

Jul 22, 2017
for me clicking "allow pop-up" from this website helped.