+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

canmench

Mar 31, 2023
I am scheduled for Oath Ceremony on August 2nd. I haven't receive the invitation yet but today i received an email from CIC registrar of canadian citizenship with information to download e-certificate.i am confused.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Thank you so much, but just to confirm the form saying RETURN TO: IRCC email, yes my ceremony in person, so should I email it or share on the ceremony day? just to be clear here. Thank you!
If your ceremony is in-person, you will sign the oath form after you take your oath at the designated IRCC office (KIT). DO NOT sign it and return it before you officially take your oath. This is just for the Oath Form. You may take a printout of the oath form just in case and take it with you for your ceremony. I do believe, however, that they supply this form to you at the ceremony

For consent/release forms, follow instructions in your PDF

Reactions: Jose1

tenhag

Star Member
May 2, 2023
Try calling Client support: 1-888-242-2000 and see if they can give more insights or try calling IRCC at around 1pm or so (that's when they usually answer the phone)
I called the number ending with 2100 instead of 2000 twice - after a long list of options picked, the automated voice hung up both times due to high volume of calls.
I tried the 2000 number just now and just get a busy tone -do I just keep trying random times of the day?
Just want to make sure I have the right numbers

edit: this seems to have worked - I am on the waitlist now.
Just got confirmation that the application looks good and all we do now is just wait.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/may-2022-citizenship-applications.766933/page-135#post-10523591

Last edited:
Reactions: derkdsou

glorybetogod

Nov 17, 2020
Greetings all,

Sharing my experience:

Type: Family
Method: Online Application
Submitted: 13 November 2022
AOR: 25 November 2022
Background complete: ~23 February 2023
Test complete: ~27 February 2023
LPP complete/Decision made: 8 June 2023
Oath Letter: 4 July 2023
Oath (via Zoom): 13 July 2023
Oath marked complete: 18 July 2023
File closed: 20 July 2023
Citizenship Certificate received: ~24 July 2023

For those preparing for a virtual ceremony, do practice the oath in advance. This will help you repeat after the judge with ease. In our case, there was no screen with the words of the oath displayed during the ceremony, and all candidates have to look into the camera, not on a printed letter. When everybody’s microphones were unmuted in a room of 70+ people, it created an echo and interference, resulting in some words sounding unclear. But if you already know the bilingual content of the oath, you will be more confident to follow and repeat it correctly.

Cheers.

smal_can

Apr 1, 2018
The registration clerk already set me up for e certificate. But from the oath instruction email- it states that we have an option to select ecertificate or paper one.
Most of the candidates were set up for ecertificates on July 24. SCR office.

I think you can update it.
Hi ,

could you please let me know if we will receive email to download certificate after the ceremony or before the ceremony itself since i'm seeing some people mentioning that they are receiving email to register in the portal and download instructions being sent out in separate email prior to the ceremony itself. Thank you.

Reginasksk

Jul 26, 2023
Any idea folks? should I request GCMS notes?

Type: Single
Submitted: 8 November 2022
AOR: 28 November 2022
Background complete: In progress
Test complete: Test taken: Feb 26 2023, Test complete : March 3 2023
LPP : in progress
Nothing since March 3rd 2023

Reactions: aj970031

Jose1

Star Member
Dec 11, 2022
If your ceremony is in-person, you will sign the oath form after you take your oath at the designated IRCC office (KIT). DO NOT sign it and return it before you officially take your oath. This is just for the Oath Form. You may take a printout of the oath form just in case and take it with you for your ceremony. I do believe, however, that they supply this form to you at the ceremony

For consent/release forms, follow instructions in your PDF
Thank you, much appreciated!

aj970031

Jul 31, 2017
Any idea folks? should I request GCMS notes?

Type: Single
Submitted: 8 November 2022
AOR: 28 November 2022
Background complete: In progress
Test complete: Test taken: Feb 26 2023, Test complete : March 3 2023
LPP : in progress
Nothing since March 3rd 2023
Same-ish timeline here. Ordered gcms, crickets.

Reactions: Reginasksk

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Anyone still waiting for LPP to complete?
Feel it's so distasteful that they leave us in the cold while getting on to process applications submitted much later.

Reactions: lamakupdy2