+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

fpalazzo

Star Member
Nov 15, 2017
Good morning all, admin please update on tracker.

Citizenship Application Type: Online
Physical Presence Days: 1259
No of Applicants: Single
Application sent: Nov 6, 2022
AOR : Dec 7, 2022
BG Complete : Feb 3, 2023
Test Invite (on tracker): May 16th, 2023
Tracker updated May 16th, 2023
Test Window: May 19th to June 8th
Test Taken: May 28th, 2023 (got 20/20)
LPP Completed: July 12th, reflected on tracker July 14th.

Reactions: Afun

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
I have a similar update too:

Application Type: Online
Visa Office: Niagara Falls, ON
Physical Presence Days: 1096
Application: Single
Application sent: Nov 23, 2022
Delivered: Nov 23, 2022
AOR: December 7th, 2023
Background verification: Completed on February 2nd, 2023
Test Invite: May 12, 2023 (Test window May 19th - June 8th, 2023)
Citizenship Test Completed: June 8th, 2023
LPP Completed: July 12, 2023 (Updated on July 14th, 2023)

Reactions: Afun and fpalazzo

Dreamer4

Mar 19, 2023
I have a couple of questions please. My mom and minor sibling also did the virtual ceremony and requested eCertificates on July 10, 2023. Mississauga office. We sent them the declaration forms same day.

It is now July 13th, 2023 and the Oath has not been marked completed/closed on the online tracker and the eCertificate is still not available on the IRCC portal.

When was your application marked closed on the tracker? I remember it being 2 days after the event. Have you received the eCertificate link? It has been 4 days and nothing.
i got the paper certificate and my tracker closed after 8 days.

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
Hi,

I'm still stuck in background check for my wife. I passed it since March 22nd but she has no progress since AOR. When we contacted them via webform they said we have all required info and nothing more needed.
Her travel history is simpler than mine and she shares all her trips with me. I'm really frustrated :(

red_rom

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Hi Folks,

Could someone please update my status on the Nov 2022 tracker:

Type: Online application
VO: Niagara
Physical Presence Days: 1,117 days
Application: Family (Husband + Wife)
Application sent: Nov 25th 2022
Delivered: Nov 25th 2022
AOR: Dec 16th 2022
In Progress: Dec 20th 2022
Background Verification Complete: Feb 01, 2023
Test invitation: May 16th, 2023 (Window: May 19 - June 8)
Test Completed Status: May 25th, 2023
LPP Completed Status: July 12, 2023

Reactions: fpalazzo

waqar001

Star Member
Nov 15, 2012
Hi,

I'm still stuck in background check for my wife. I passed it since March 22nd but she has no progress since AOR. When we contacted them via webform they said we have all required info and nothing more needed.
Her travel history is simpler than mine and she shares all her trips with me. I'm really frustrated :(
I am in the same boat. My wife passed background check but not me. We both passed our test on 18th March 2023.

Reactions: ashrafteleb

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi all,
Any one here who has noticed any movement in their application right after requesting GCMS notes, or you feel like it had no impact whatsoever?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi all,
Any one here who has noticed any movement in their application right after requesting GCMS notes, or you feel like it had no impact whatsoever?
There is no relation to ordering GCMS notes and your file progressing. ATIP queries are handled by a completely different department. Any progress that is anecdotally reported here is merely a coincidence

Reactions: Calgary222

Em W

Star Member
Feb 4, 2020
Our applications closed next day after completing oath ceremony. Tracker shows oath completed on same day; but updated the next day.

For minor, tracker shows oath completed next day; but updated on July 11.

We were able to download e-certs end of the oath date. For minor, we downloaded next day morning. FYI, you will receive separate email on how to download e-cert. It doesn't show up in IRCC tracker portal.

NOTE: did you mention initials of IRCC administrator in the email subject line when sending oath forms? For us, she mentioned to put her initials in subject line so that email directly reaches her.

Thanks and best wishes!
We sent the email the first time without the initials and then the 2nd time with the initials on the same day. 2 separate signed forms in one email. Still nothing to this day.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
We sent the email the first time without the initials and then the 2nd time with the initials on the same day. 2 separate signed forms in one email. Still nothing to this day.
You can add it via webform. That they cannot say they did not receive.

ada228

Mar 23, 2023
If you are the applicant who is directly affected by IRCC delays and unfair processing of applications, or if you know someone who is, please sign the petition below so our voices reaches to IRCC and to express our frustrations and distress of this unfair treatment for applications specially those from 2021 and 2022. Please make sure this link reaches all who are in this dilemma and limbo!

https://chng.it/WCMDVDqKdk

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
There is no relation to ordering GCMS notes and your file progressing. ATIP queries are handled by a completely different department. Any progress that is anecdotally reported here is merely a coincidence
I would disagree. ATIP requests are handled first by the employees who are working on a specific file. An ATIP officer needs data to respond to the request and an officer can't just take someone's computer and work account to search through the files and correspondence. An employee, working on the file, has to gather this information for their device and account.
I'd say the file is very likely to be pulled by a case officer, so that he/she could produce relevant data.

That is, of course, unless IRCC has established a different process for handling ATIP requests.

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I would disagree. ATIP requests are handled first by the employees who are working on a specific file. An ATIP officer needs data to respond to the request and an officer can't just take someone's computer and work account to search through the files and correspondence. An employee, working on the file, has to gather this information for their device and account.
I'd say the file is very likely to be pulled by a case officer, so that he/she could produce relevant data.

That is, of course, unless IRCC has established a different process for handling ATIP requests.
This is factually incorrect!

If you look at the bottom left of your GCMS notes, the notes are pulled by an officer working in the ATIP department using an automated tool. Your GCMS notes show the user ID (an automated bot version of the ATIP officer's ID) and datestamp/timestamp used to pull the notes from GCMS. The user ID is different from any of the IDs your application is assigned to.

So as the twitter responses below state, it is handled by a completely different department and neither delays nor expedites your application processing. Any movement in your file after requesting GCMS notes is purely coincidental

See here:

Also here: