+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

SAKARUN

Star Member
Jan 31, 2015
No. Until about 10 days after the ceremony, the tracker will show - CONGRATULATIONS. And then - closed. It is at this moment that the certificate is sent to you.
Thanks. I have requested the Urgent Processing of the certificate as I have an upcoming work trip. So wondering if there is way to know if the certificate is mailed.

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Thanks. I have requested the Urgent Processing of the certificate as I have an upcoming work trip. So wondering if there is way to know if the certificate is mailed.
It may be less than 10 days. Check the tracker. But the certificate is sent exactly on the day when your application is closed (and you became a citizen).

Rolzyy

Feb 20, 2023
For reference, my tracker updated 2 days after the citizenship ceremony.

Hi, I attended the online citizenship ceremony recently. I would like to know when the Citizenship Ceremony status in my tracker changes to Completed? Is it after mailing the certificate?

Reactions: SAKARUN

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Sorry that's crazy but your date math seems off - it hasn't even been 7 months yet? How are you calculating dates? When did you arrive and how many days were you outside?
Nothing is off. From Nov 7 to May 31 is almost 8 months. We were in Canada since 2017

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
Nothing is off. From Nov 7 to May 31 is almost 8 months. We were in Canada since 2017
Your application had been reviewed for less than 7 months!
Physical presence in Canada depends on many factors: your status since 2017, time you've been outside of Canada, etc.
Have you been outside of Canada since 2017?

From and including: Monday, November 7, 2022
To, but not including Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Result: 205 days
It is 205 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

Or 6 months, 24 days excluding the end date.
https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=11&d1=7&y1=2022&m2=5&d2=31&y2=2023

Reactions: derkdsou

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Physical presence in Canada depends on many factors: your status since 2017, time you've been outside of Canada, etc.

It is 205 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date.

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=11&d1=7&y1=2022&m2=5&d2=31&y2=2023
6,7 or 8 months isn't the question here, they should have notified him before they sent out the AOR because so much time got wasted. Anyways hope he can get his application processed quickly this time just like how some of the 2023 applicants are getting LLP completed and oaths in a breeze.

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
6,7 or 8 months isn't the question here, they should have notified him before they sent out the AOR because so much time got wasted. Anyways hope he can get his application processed quickly this time just like how some of the 2023 applicants are getting LLP completed and oaths in a breeze.
I agree. So much time wasted unfortunately

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018

I strongly believe the IRCC is wrong.
Mt wife is in Canada since May 2017 until now. She always had a work permit and applied 2 years and 2 months after PR.
SHE DID NOT TRAVEL OUTSIDE CANADA SINCE MAY 2017!
How she can be miscalculated?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022

Rolzyy

Feb 20, 2023
Another update!

Hey all, just wanted to let you know that hubby and I have received our physical citizenship certificates today in the mail. I’m based in Toronto and office is Scarborough. (Virtual ceremony was on May 28th).

Now for the next step of applying for passport!

Good luck all!!!

Hi all,

My tracker has been updated today showing that the citizenship has been completed and is officially closed.

Just here waiting for the citizenship certificate to come in the mail to apply for our passport!

I’m hoping for amazing news as well for the rest of applicants here in this forum! It has taken us exactly 6 months from being filed to the ceremony itself!

RefugeeHelp1

May 23, 2019
Category........
Other
What a good day is today. Thank you IRCC
We submitted the citizenship application on 7th Nove 2022 and AOR was in Den 28 and the Background check was completed on Feb 25th.
Today That is almost 8 months after the application they sent my wife an email and say she does not have enough physical presence in Canada and ALL the applications of my family are canceled!!
WTF
I have to apply again:( Can a family with KId apply online or it is still paper only?

Oh man so sorry to hear this Jalal,
  • Since 2017 was your wife a TR? Only 1 yr will count (365)
  • When did she become a PR?
  • From when to when was she a Temp res (work permit)
I would say appeal, but that costs money and lawyers it is cheaper to just recalculate and ensure it's correct and then re-apply.
when you did the calculation with the tool, did it tell you she was eligible and what dates did you put in? and when you recalculate now does it say she is ready?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Jalalcananda

Mah11

Star Member
Oct 20, 2021
Mt wife is in Canada since May 2017 until now. She always had a work permit and applied 2 years and 2 months after PR.
It's completely true, that's happend to me in 2021,. I have been here since November 2017, got Pr in September 2019, then I applied but they returned my application, I traveled outside Canada just for5 days. Wasting time with Canada immigration

• Sad

CanSal23

May 8, 2023
At the moment, sugguest you to recalculate physical presence time. Now 7 months of physical presence added (from the time of your citizenship application; hoping that all of your family stayed in Canada during this time), I would recommend you to resubmit application without wasting time. Sometimes mistakes happen on both sides. Move on and submit noew application and GCMS notes.

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
Update on our application (at the tracker)
All 3 A, LPP marked to complete as on May 31, 2023, tracker updated on June 2, 2023.

Also on ECAS
All 3 A - shows Decision Made but the minor is still showing In Process (is this normal?)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jose1 and SAKARUN