+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Hello , I just got a request to submit my passport pages for last 5 year eligibility- my question is that after I submitted my citizenship application in Nov 2022 , I got a new passport in January 2023 should I also send copies of that new passport or no need ?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hello , I just got a request to submit my passport pages for last 5 year eligibility- my question is that after I submitted my citizenship application in Nov 2022 , I got a new passport in January 2023 should I also send copies of that new passport or no need ?
Your end date of the eligibility period is the day before you sign your Citizenship application. So, the start date is 5 years before that end date. Since you submitted your application in Nov 2022 and got your new passport in Jan 2023: your new passport does not fall within the eligibility period.

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
Your end date of the eligibility period is the day before you sign your Citizenship application. So, the start date is 5 years before that end date. Since you submitted your application in Nov 2022 and got your new passport in Jan 2023: your new passport does not fall within the eligibility period.
Makes sense - Thank you so much

kbi911

Feb 25, 2019
Sorry to repeat myself here again, but I am not yet clear here. so asking again -regarding FP, the FP request came in on April 18, FP done on RCMP authorized agency on April 19, checked with them on April 21 that yes, all ok and submitted same day to RCMP. on tracker if i login and check, it still shows - action pending on you i.e. we need your FP. is this normal? how long does it take to reflect there (i read on here, about 3 weeks to 6 weeks right?) - or should we do follow up with RCMP?
Here is an update, this is not yet showing as on today 5/5/2023 in tracker as completed and the reason is now known, possible strike action affected RCMP, as they updated on follow up with FP DCN details, that they have just mailed that to IRCC Vancouver yesterday. so looks like one or two weeks before it gets received and then tracker gets updated on bg complete.

dugg1402

Dec 28, 2017
Here is an update, this is not yet showing as on today 5/5/2023 in tracker as completed and the reason is now known, possible strike action affected RCMP, as they updated on follow up with FP DCN details, that they have just mailed that to IRCC Vancouver yesterday. so looks like one or two weeks before it gets received and then tracker gets updated on bg complete.
You can raise a web form and mention FP given and attach the receipt of payment. For me, it got updated in a day , after raising webform.

Reactions: kbi911

Devesh610

Star Member
Jul 13, 2019
Hi,

I just got a ghost update today, May 5 2023.

The last update was on Feb 21st

Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Citizenship test

Anyone experience this? What's the significance?

angu_gu

Apr 20, 2023
This is my timeline so far, as per the test invitation email my processing office is Scarborough.

App Type - Single
PP Days - 1131
Mar 14, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test Citizenship test
Mar 10, 2023 Scheduled for citizenship test
Mar 3, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test.
Jan 28, 2023 Activity status updated: Background verification
Nov 29, 2022 Application filed
I applied on Nov 15, online from Mississauga.

Rolzyy

Feb 20, 2023
I logged in today (on hubby profile) and I saw that he had a ghost update today (5/5/23) indicating new activities for stuff that was already updated on Feb 22nd. There was another ghost update on March 2nd which I believe was a automated system generated one that day.

my profile has no new update since March 2nd. I’m hoping to see a ghost update on my profile hopefully next week.

Reactions: SAKARUN

Zicomatic

Star Member
Nov 22, 2022
I got the request for passport pages on 04/05/23 as an email me & my wife - We did submit all the passport pages on the same day - no updates on the Tracker.

did somebody else got same request ? is it a common request ? should I expect that my LPP will be completed soon ?