Vancouver, BC
Reactions: Alex30

Alex30

Star Member
Dec 20, 2019
Found another one of my tests.
IELTS Academic test 11/SEP/2021
All scores are greater than 6.
IRCC will accept for citizenship? The test was taken in Canada.

Dr. Walden

Apr 27, 2020
Vancouver, BC
IRCC will accept citizenship? The test was taken in Canada.
It looks like they only accept IELTS - General
  1. International English Language Testing System (IELTS), General Training. You must have a score of:
    • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
    • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)

a.y.c

Jun 12, 2019
i am not to sure but they need general IELTS test results...but again not sure

Jose1

Star Member
Dec 11, 2022
I have general question on behalf one friend
On his tracker everything completed and the decision made April 5th
But the citizenship application status showing CLOSED
He waiting on the Oath invitation
Is that normal to show closed?
Please advise

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have general question on behalf one friend
On his tracker everything completed and the decision made April 5th
But the citizenship application status showing CLOSED
He waiting on the Oath invitation
Is that normal to show closed?
Please advise
Closed means Oath is done and citizen certificate is mailed. Your friend should call IRCC and check.

Jose1

Star Member
Dec 11, 2022
Closed means Oath is done and citizen certificate is mailed. Your friend should call IRCC and check.
Wow, the decision made April 5th, and next they should send the invitation, he didn’t missed any email from them. Do you think islet system glitch?

oduvan4ik

Star Member
Mar 28, 2018
https://celpip-registration.paragontesting.ca/registration/#/registration/test-selection

GENERAL -LS
Is this test suitable for citizenship?
Thanks.
I don't want to start arguing with IRCC, wait months for answers and prove something. It's easier for me to take the test and send them proof.
GENERAL -LS is OK for citizenship.
You can use your expired certificate if you used one for immigration purposes. It should be General, not Academic.
I use my test certificate for the test taken in 2017
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html#language

Reactions: Alex30

mcop

Apr 11, 2023
Morning all!

I just check and I have my test marked as completed, but all the rest is still in progress. Is this normal? My partner and I applied together and his background verification is marked as completed.

Does anyone know the average time to get all the others (Language, Background, physical presence, prohibitions) updated to completed? My office is Sidney and so is his.

Also, I'd assume that it should take then up to 6 months until I receive the citizenship oath invitation. Am I correct?

Reactions: Jose1

mcop

Apr 11, 2023
I found the info below one their website. Also I remember reading somewhere when I applied that you can use your test taken in the past to apply for citizenship. Mine was taken in 2018 I believe. I don't remember them saying if they accept the academic one, but I'd assume yes.

What language level do I need when I apply for citizenship?
If you are between the ages of 18 and 54 on the date you sign your application, you must meet the Canadian Language Benchmarks Level 4 (CLB 4) or higher in speaking and listening.
This means to become a Canadian citizen you must show that you have an adequate knowledge of English or French by providing, with your citizenship application, proof that you can speak and listen in English or French at CLB/NCLC 4 level or higher.