+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Received AOR today morning (Details in Signature)

@RefugeeHelp1 @shiremag @admin for my husband we submitted old passport (all pages) only problem was that his main page had validity up to 2012 but inside on the 2nd page he had validity extended up to 2021. So guess they didn't see it and sent a separate email asking for his passport before the new renewed one.

Should I just reply to the email with scanned copy of the old passport and letter explaining validity or do I have to raise a webform?
Yes, I would respond to the e-mail with the copy of your old passport and a letter of explanation clearly explaining the extension of validity. Also, ask for an acknowledgement when you reply to the e-mail. Web form is the other option but it is much slower (3-4 weeks or more) for them to acknowledge anything

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Yes, I would respond to the e-mail with the copy of your old passport and a letter of explanation clearly explaining the extension of validity. Also, ask for an acknowledgement when you reply to the e-mail. Web form is the other option but it is much slower (3-4 weeks or more) for them to acknowledge anything
Ok Great. Thank you for your quick response. I have posted the email id from which I received from IRCC. is that email address ok to respond?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Ok Great. Thank you for your quick response. I have posted the email id from which I received from IRCC. is that email address ok to respond?
Yes... It does say so in the instructions in your email

Please respond to this e-mail address with the requested information/documentation unless paper copies are required to be submitted. For example a certified copy must be mailed to the address specified above. Please include your application number in your response to ensure the information sent to us can be matched to your application. This e-mail box is being monitored.
January 16, 2023

user321

Nov 11, 2022
I first applied in March 2022 but found a mistake with my physical presence calculation and so had to withdraw that application in November (although I still haven't gotten an email verifying the withdrawal). I reapplied in November on paper and received my AOR on January 11. However, when I go to my tracker account, it only shows my first application. Shouldn't my second application also be showing up by now?

• Wow
Reactions: Jalalcananda

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I first applied in March 2022 but found a mistake with my physical presence calculation and so had to withdraw that application in November (although I still haven't gotten an email verifying the withdrawal). I reapplied in November on paper and received my AOR on January 11. However, when I go to my tracker account, it only shows my first application. Shouldn't my second application also be showing up by now?
Are you able to register in the tracker with your new application number?

This is tricky to answer because very few people maybe in the same situation as you... If you are able to resolve it, please update the forum so others will be able to learn from you

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi, got my AOR today, so here is my updated info (including delivery date):

Type: Paper application
Physical Presence Days: 1106 days
Application: Family (One adult, two minors)
Application sent: Nov 17th 2022
Delivered: Nov 18th 2022
AOR: Jan 17th 2023

Reactions: Semeg and SAKARUN

ankit.burman

Dec 16, 2017
Hi,my application was returned as i filled an older version of the form, now that I have sent it back would it take 2months again for the AOR

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Hi,my application was returned as i filled an older version of the form, now that I have sent it back would it take 2months again for the AOR
Unfortunately yes, you'll be put at the back of the queue. If you are able to apply online, AORs are taking around 20 days. For Paper applications, AORs are taking about 55-60 days

Reactions: SAKARUN

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
That so stupid they returned after 2 months, Cant apply online as I have a minor in the application as well!!
Make sure you recalculate your physical presence and re-sign your application. If you are application is dated more than 90 days, they will return it as well.

Hopefully they will introduce online applications for minors in the coming weeks... Good luck!

ankit.burman

Dec 16, 2017
Make sure you recalculate your physical presence and re-sign your application. If you are application is dated more than 90 days, they will return it as well.

Hopefully they will introduce online applications for minors in the coming weeks... Good luck!
its within 90 days, in the letter they mentioned the physical presence would be as per my last application so I did not change it!! It was till 31st oct in the physical presence calculator

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
its within 90 days, in the letter they mentioned the physical presence would be as per my last application so I did not change it!! It was till 31st oct in the physical presence calculator
I mean when you are resubmitting now... The old calculation has definitely passed 60+ days