+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

Jose1

Star Member
Dec 11, 2022
I have paper application, I tried now and showing below message:

We were not able to identify you using the information you provided. There could be three possible reasons:

Gmzjabla12

Apr 9, 2016
yes so in your case it was delivered to their location in Sydney.
No agent can not see the status. But he escalated the issue to processing office by sending an email with my details.
Hello so did you find out if the application was delivered at a right address?

lugubrious

Nov 17, 2022
Application type: Paper
Physical Presence Days: 1100.5
Application: Family (2)
Application sent: Nov 12, 2022
Delivered: Nov 17, 2022
Application Received in ECAS: Jan 10, 2023
AOR: Jan 13, 2023
In Progress:

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Delivered on Nov 9th. No AOR yet
are you now able to see application received in ECAS? if not try giving them a call..i mostly followed options 1 for 3 times then 4 then 1 i think on the call center helpline to reach an agent. they may be able to tell you something about your application

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
are you now able to see application received in ECAS? if not try giving them a call..i mostly followed options 1 for 3 times then 4 then 1 i think on the call center helpline to reach an agent. they may be able to tell you something about your application
Checked on ECAS.. Cannot find my profile there.

Spoke to the agent beginning of the week. He asked for tracking number and payment receipt and told me that he wrote an email escalating the delay in AOR.

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Checked on ECAS.. Cannot find my profile there.

Spoke to the agent beginning of the week. He asked for tracking number and payment receipt and told me that he wrote an email escalating the delay in AOR.
seems like it is due to diverted location they are going to check for delays. Coz if the application is returned the agent is able to check that.

Reactions: niswe

Barrie123

Nov 22, 2022
Hi @oswaldD
I hope you are doing well. I also applied online in November 2022, then I got job opportunity which required Canadian citizenship. So I requested to IRCC for urgent processing, then I generated web form and they got my documents. I called IRCC, as per them, I will be notified by email from officer for confirmation of urgent processing. My background check has been recently completed a week ago. Still waiting for test. However, I have not received any email from IRCC with confirmation of urgent processing. Did you receive any email from IRCC under urgent processing? If you received, please let me know about email. Thank you for your time.

Barrie123

Nov 22, 2022
Hi @oswaldD
I hope you are doing well. I also applied online in November 2022, then I got job opportunity which required Canadian citizenship. So I requested to IRCC for urgent processing, then I generated web form and they got my documents. I called IRCC, as per them, I will be notified by email from officer for confirmation of urgent processing. My background check has been recently completed a week ago. Still waiting for test. However, I have not received any email from IRCC with confirmation of urgent processing. Did you receive any email from IRCC under urgent processing? If you received, please let me know about email. Thank you for your time.

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Received AOR today morning (Details in Signature)

@RefugeeHelp1 @shiremag @admin for my husband we submitted old passport (all pages) only problem was that his main page had validity up to 2012 but inside on the 2nd page he had validity extended up to 2021. So guess they didn't see it and sent a separate email asking for his passport before the new renewed one.

Should I just reply to the email with scanned copy of the old passport and letter explaining validity or do I have to raise a webform?

Last edited:
Reactions: Abdul04

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
Here is the email. His Passport had the validity on Page 2 (as it was extended). Please note it was a Paper application but why does it say e-application?

Client Information / Informations Client (IRCC) <IRCC.ClientInformation-InformationsClient.IRCC@cic.gc.ca>
Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 8:15 AM​
To: xxxxxxx@xxx.com
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. If you have received this e-mail by mistake delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

This e-mail address is solely for the purpose of communicating further instructions regarding an application to clients and/or their representative’s. Please respond to this e-mail address with the requested information/documentation unless paper copies are required to be submitted. For example a certified copy must be mailed to the address specified above. Please include your application number in your response to ensure the information sent to us can be matched to your application. This e-mail box is being monitored.
January 16, 2023
Application Number: #########
*#########*
UCI: xx-xxxx-xxxx
*xx-xxxx-xxxx*
Name
Address

Canada

Subject: E-APPLICATION FOR CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP – 5(1) ADULT

Dear XYZ:

In order to continue processing your application for Canadian citizenship, we require the following documents and/or information:

Passport Gap(‘s) :

· There is a gap in the validity period of the passport covering the (5) years immediately before the date of the application.

· Please provide an explanation why the passport does not cover the entire period of time from DEC 19, 2017 to SEPT 19, 2019 and whether you traveled outside Canada during that period.

· It appears that you have a passport or travel document that was valid during your five (5) year eligibility period but haven’t provided the biographical page. Please provide a colour photocopy of the biographical page(‘s) which include your name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.

You must submit the documents and/or information requested within 60 days from the date of this email. It is important to be aware that the Citizenship Act contains provisions to treat your application as abandoned if you do not contact Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) with a reasonable explanation for not providing the information requested within the deadline established for any item(s) required. It is therefore very important that you contact CIC if you cannot gather the required information within this timeframe.

Please note: Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:
ü the English or French translation; and
ü an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
· Translators, in good standing, who are certified members of a provincial or territorial organization of translators and interpreters in Canada, do not need to supply an affidavit.
· Translations by family members are not acceptable. Family member is defined as being a: parent, guardian, sibling, spouse, grandparent, child, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew and first cousin.

The requirement to provide additional information or evidence when requested can be found in section 23.1 of the Citizenship Act.

Thank you,

Citizenship Official

Citizenship Program (Grants)
Case Processing Centre - Sydney
P.O. Box 12000
Sydney NS B1P 7C2