+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2022 - Citizenship Applications

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Anyone with family application getting oath ceremony invite? One of my friend (single application) applied online 3 months back and today she got oath invitation as well. whereas I am waiting for almost 8 months since test was cleared. This is so messed up.
I did my test in February and still waiting.

Reactions: Rasha

Lazarooo

Star Member
Oct 10, 2022
Hi, I applied on November as well and still waiting for my LPP. I recently requested ATIP notes, and the first-page app status shows On HOLD
do i need to be concerned or it's normal?My test and criminal passed and my notes shows no concerns

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi, I applied on November as well and still waiting for my LPP. I recently requested ATIP notes, and the first-page app status shows On HOLD
do i need to be concerned or it's normal?My test and criminal passed and my notes shows no concerns
Did you apply from Canada? I would give them a call or send a webform attaching your notes, asking why your application has been placed on hold?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
not really i haven't, is that going to get me some answers? and can you please provide some details
You can always give it a try once you know the office your file is at by calling or requesting notes, should be under the heading where it says location, sometimes it's the office you got your test from but not always.

ashrafteleb

Dec 29, 2022
Hi,

I've applied for CSIS notes since my security screening is still in progress. This is what I got

"Based on information contained in your request, please be advised that the personal information
bank listed below was searched on your behalf with the following results:

Security Assessments/Advice (CSIS PPU 005): Your Security Screening case is still in progress.
The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it
relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile
activities), 22(l)(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed."

I'm scared, it looks serious. Do you know what that means?

Thanks

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Hi,

I've applied for CSIS notes since my security screening is still in progress. This is what I got

"Based on information contained in your request, please be advised that the personal information
bank listed below was searched on your behalf with the following results:

Security Assessments/Advice (CSIS PPU 005): Your Security Screening case is still in progress.
The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it
relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile
activities), 22(l)(a), 22(l)(b) and 26 of the Act until your case is completed."

I'm scared, it looks serious. Do you know what that means?

Thanks
No idea but take a look here
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/background-check-still-in-process-test-marked-as-completed.753410/page-7#post-10254857

Reactions: ashrafteleb

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
The only different item mentioned in my GCMS notes this time is that next to 'Citizenship certificate type' it says e-Certificate though I never asked for it but in my previous notes it was paper.
Perhaps moving forward this will apply to all unless you have an in person oath where you get the paper certificate.

Reactions: ashrafteleb

johnsyk

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-4-2017
AOR Received.
10-4-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
8-4-2017
Happy news FINALLY! My citizenship journey is almost over. I had an interview yesterday. Officer interviewed me online through teams. They had some doubts with regard to my travel history since I didn’t stay in Canada for 2 years and was coming and going and wanted to double check and said my file was flagged. So she asked me about my travel history and i explained it to her and she understood the background better and I had enough days too so it was simple. It lasted 15 min and she approved it and she said I will get oath mail soon in November sometime. So finally secondary review is done! Timelines in signature.

John black

Star Member
May 14, 2018
Happy news FINALLY! My citizenship journey is almost over. I had an interview yesterday. Officer interviewed me online through teams. They had some doubts with regard to my travel history since I didn’t stay in Canada for 2 years and was coming and going and wanted to double check and said my file was flagged. So she asked me about my travel history and i explained it to her and she understood the background better and I had enough days too so it was simple. It lasted 15 min and she approved it and she said I will get oath mail soon in November sometime. So finally secondary review is done! Timelines in signature.
Congratulations. I had the similar interview for the verification of docs that did last for few minutes and she asked me my travel history as I am a trucker travelling to US mostly .
She said once I sent that she will forward my file for oath ceremony. She said shall take 2 to 4 months. And it's already four months of waiting and LPP still shows in progress.

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Happy news FINALLY! My citizenship journey is almost over. I had an interview yesterday. Officer interviewed me online through teams. They had some doubts with regard to my travel history since I didn’t stay in Canada for 2 years and was coming and going and wanted to double check and said my file was flagged. So she asked me about my travel history and i explained it to her and she understood the background better and I had enough days too so it was simple. It lasted 15 min and she approved it and she said I will get oath mail soon in November . So finally secondary review is done! Timelines in signature.
Congratuations! hope we all hear great news soon :)