Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
After eons, finally I got a REAL ghost update today on GCKey.

Background check in process from 'We will let you know when we start your BG check'
Tracker Updates:
July 5, 11, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28 , 29.
August 1, 2, 8

Aug 9: GCKey Update: BG from 'We will let you know when we start your BG' to 'We are processing your BG'
Aug 10: GCKey Update: Pre-Arrival Services

Finally something good.

fashiontart

Nov 18, 2021
Tracker Updates:
July 5, 11, 19, 20, 21, 22, 26, 27, 28 , 29.
August 1, 2, 8

Aug 9: GCKey Update: BG from 'We will let you know when we start your BG' to 'We are processing your BG'
Aug 10: GCKey Update: Pre-Arrival Services

Finally something good.
Did you get a Pre-Arrival email? Or an email saying your GCKey was updated? Or did it just show up in your account?

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Did you get a Pre-Arrival email? Or an email saying your GCKey was updated? Or did it just show up in your account?
For BG update I didn't get any email. But the account was updated. For Pre-Arrival, since they attached the letter in GCKey, I received an email saying 'We sent you a message, please login.....'

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
For BG update I didn't get any email. But the account was updated. For Pre-Arrival, since they attached the letter in GCKey, I received an email saying 'We sent you a message, please login.....'
Awesome! When did they receive your application?

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Received Nov 22 2021
AOR Mid February 2022
Medicals and Biometrics done in March 2022
Eligibility started April 21st 2022

VO is Rome - what's your timeline like and VO?

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Received Nov 22 2021
AOR Mid February 2022
Medicals and Biometrics done in March 2022
Eligibility started April 21st 2022

VO is Rome - what's your timeline like and VO?
Applied- November, 2021
Upfront Biometrics- January, 2022
AOR- Early February, 2022
Medical request- Early April, 2022
Medical updated- Mid April, 2022
Eligibility Check In progress- May 6, 2022.

VO is Singapore.
I wish I applied online tho. They seem to be going much faster.

EnverHoxha

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
Applied- November, 2021
Upfront Biometrics- January, 2022
AOR- Early February, 2022
Medical request- Early April, 2022
Medical updated- Mid April, 2022
Eligibility Check In progress- May 6, 2022.

VO is Singapore.
I wish I applied online tho. They seem to be going much faster.
Interesting, when I applied they told me paper goes faster. I guess the tables have turned...

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Interesting, when I applied they told me paper goes faster. I guess the tables have turned...
Recently I checked other forums where online seems to be faster. Maybe their vo is fast.
Did you link you application on gc key?
For some reason it tells me it can't find my application. I use the new tracker to check the progress.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Definitely not. If you look at the spreadsheet and posts here, most of the time it's Paper applications which are processed faster. If you think Online applications are being processed faster and within 6 months then the processing office is Ottawa. Don't compare other VOs with Ottawa. Here most of the Online and Paper applications are processed within 6 months.

Reactions: Nyash

Xxstreamer69xx

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Definitely not. If you look at the spreadsheet and posts here, most of the time it's Paper applications which are processed faster. If you think Online applications are being processed faster and within 6 months then the processing office is Ottawa. Don't compare other VOs with Ottawa. Here most of the Online and Paper applications are processed within 6 months.
Ottawa vo is definitely faster. But recently I've seen others who applied from nvdo, Singapore etc online this year get ppr and corp. People from the same vo who applied paper are still waiting.
Regardless of the vo, it's common sense that online application are easier to transfer from one vo to another. Not to mention it is easier to communicate with the applicants. Making them easier for the officers to process.
Spreadsheet are not updated regularly and missing a lot of information so definitely not reliable.

Br33zer

Mar 18, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Ottawa vo is definitely faster. But recently I've seen others who applied from nvdo, Singapore etc online this year get ppr and corp. People from the same vo who applied paper are still waiting.
Regardless of the vo, it's common sense that online application are easier to transfer from one vo to another. Not to mention it is easier to communicate with the applicants. Making them easier for the officers to process.
Spreadsheet are not updated regularly and missing a lot of information so definitely not reliable.
Wrong. Paper applications are scanned and updated on GCMS. Officers work on the computers and not papers. When paper application is transferred, it is the online copy not the paper application itself. This is the reason why paper applications tend to receive AOR faster because completeness check is also performed while the file is scanned into the system.

I haven't seen a single online/paper application being worked out of Canada to be completed within 6 months.