+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

May 30, 2017
Hi All,

Below are the timelines:
Today I received an email with the UCI number and Application number that starts with F000XXXXXX. The email does not have any reference to the words 'Application of Receipt' or 'Temporary Application of Receipt'.

• Attachments: None
  • Subject of email: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about F000XXXXXXX Correspondence Id: Y-YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Body of email:

UCI:
    AAAAAAAA
    Application No.: F000XXXXXX
    Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
    This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2022/01/14 on behalf of the following member(s):
    • When should I contact CIC?
      You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
      • Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
      • Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
      • Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
      • Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
      For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
      You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
      Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
      Mississauga, ON
      L5A 4H4

************ Questions ****************************************************************************************************************
(a) Is Application Of Receipt (AOR) is same as the Application number ? or Is the Application number referred to as Pre-AOR
(b) Is AOR a letter or an email ?
(c) What does the AOR email contain and would it explicitly mention the words 'Acknowledgement of Receipt' ?

Please advise.

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Hi All,

Below are the timelines:
Today I received an email with the UCI number and Application number that starts with F000XXXXXX. The email does not have any reference to the words 'Application of Receipt' or 'Temporary Application of Receipt'.

• Attachments: None
  • Subject of email: Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada: Information about F000XXXXXXX Correspondence Id: Y-YYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  • Body of email:

UCI:
    AAAAAAAA
    Application No.: F000XXXXXX
    Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
    This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear ,

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2022/01/14 on behalf of the following member(s):
    • When should I contact CIC?
      You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
      • Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
      • Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
      • Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
      • Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.

What happens next?
      For further information about the sponsorship process, please refer to CIC’s website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp.

You have the option to withdraw your application at any point in the process. You may be eligible for a refund of the sponsorship fee or the permanent resident application fee if processing of your file has not yet begun.

How do I check the status of my application?
      You may use the UCI number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
      Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp.

Please be advised that CIC will contact you as soon as your application is reviewed. We trust that this information concerning your Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class is helpful.

CPC Mississauga
      Mississauga, ON
      L5A 4H4

************ Questions ****************************************************************************************************************
(a) Is Application Of Receipt (AOR) is same as the Application number ? or Is the Application number referred to as Pre-AOR
(b) Is AOR a letter or an email ?
(c) What does the AOR email contain and would it explicitly mention the words 'Acknowledgement of Receipt' ?

Please advise.
This is AOR. It means your application is in process now, soon may you receive next stage of process etc medical, Biometric or pre arrival.

Reactions: Freindly_country
May 30, 2017
This is AOR. It means your application is in process now, soon may you receive next stage of process etc medical, Biometric or pre arrival.
Thanks a lot for your reply. Please advise if the Application number can be used for applying Open Work Permit (OWP).

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
Thanks a lot for your reply. Please advise if the Application number can be used for applying Open Work Permit (OWP).
You can apply OWP anytime I highly doubt you’ll get approved before the PR. It was better to submit with the initial PR application. Is there reason why you didn’t submit OWP with your PR application?

May 30, 2017
You can apply OWP anytime I highly doubt you’ll get approved before the PR. It was better to submit with the initial PR application. Is there reason why you didn’t submit OWP with your PR application?
I submitted application online on the permanent resident portal and it was mentioned that if applying for Spousal PR application online then the Open work permit application will have to be submitted after the Application of Receipt is received.

Below are the details. Please let me know if my interpretation is correct.

Link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

If they apply online for permanent residence
In most cases, your spouse or partner will mail their permanent residence application. While we test a new online tool, some people will be chosen at random and have the option to apply online for permanent residence.

Once they receive their acknowledgement of receipt letter, they can apply for an open work permit. They must apply for the work permit online.

Reactions: BRIL23

BRIL23

Feb 27, 2017
I submitted application online on the permanent resident portal and it was mentioned that if applying for Spousal PR application online then the Open work permit application will have to be submitted after the Application of Receipt is received.

Below are the details. Please let me know if my interpretation is correct.

Link: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1163&top=17

If they apply online for permanent residence
In most cases, your spouse or partner will mail their permanent residence application. While we test a new online tool, some people will be chosen at random and have the option to apply online for permanent residence.

Once they receive their acknowledgement of receipt letter, they can apply for an open work permit. They must apply for the work permit online.
Oh I see. Can you link your app with portal and see if you’re close to finalise the PR

Steven Ye

Apr 27, 2022
Hi guys
Any updates of your applications? Mine was received on Nov 24th 2021, Eligibility completed on Mar 12th, got pre arrival letter on Mar 13th, Background Check completed on Mar 29th based on the new tracker, but still no BGC updates on my GCKey. There's no updates since Mar 29th.......

NMD

Feb 16, 2022
Hi guys
Any updates of your applications? Mine was received on Nov 24th 2021, Eligibility completed on Mar 12th, got pre arrival letter on Mar 13th, Background Check completed on Mar 29th based on the new tracker, but still no BGC updates on my GCKey. There's no updates since Mar 29th.......
No update for me since mid Feb when I submitted biometrics and did medicals. Ecas says "In Process" and "Medical results have been received" - literally not a word since then. I haven't even been able to link GCKEY yet. This whole process is a nightmare.

How is it even possible that if they're allegedly processing in the order in which they're received that my submission done mid November is not as far along as those that submitted in March? What am I not understanding here? Seems like they're just doing quick rushes to approve OWP and leave everyone hanging except a special few.

kamalpreet_

Apr 29, 2022
Hi guys,

I submitted my spousal application on November 24, 2022. No updates, no AOR yet. Anybody else in the same boat? I am really worried here.:confused:

May 30, 2017

Oh I see. Can you link your app with portal and see if you’re close to finalise the PR
Hi,

Thanks for your message. I linked my account and the PR application status is in progress. Not able to see any additional details yet. I believe the processing just started.
  • Biometrics provided for the visitor visa are reflected in the Work permit application.
  • Received email to complete medical examination for PR application
Once the medicals are completed I believe the application processing will continue.

Please help me with the below questions:
(a) Once the medicals are submitted and are reflected in the online application, Is the next major step on PR Application the final decision? or Are there more stages?
(b) Will the principal application be covered under Ontario Health Insurance Plan (OHIP) after 153 days of stay in Ontario ? or Should the Work permit processing be complete ?

May 30, 2017
Hi guys,

I submitted my spousal application on November 24, 2022. No updates, no AOR yet. Anybody else in the same boat? I am really worried here.:confused:
Hi,

My suggestion is to submit a question via the webform so that somebody can check and respond back via email. Was it an online application or a paper application ?

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hi guys
same here .. I see all things are completed but the status is still in progress.. I think it will take 1-2 months.

NMD

Feb 16, 2022
My ECAS just added a line that says, "We started processing your application on April 29, 2022."

I'm very happy it's moving and feel very bad for people that do not even have AOR yet.

sponsort

Jun 14, 2018
Our timeline:

Application submitted (online): November 3, 2021
Application received: December 23, 2021
AOR: April 14, 2022
Biometrics received (exempted): April 19, 2022
Medical passed (exempted): April 19, 2022
Eligibility completed: April 29, 2022
Pre-arrival letter: April 29, 2022

Reactions: KJH85