+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi All,
I have applied for Inland Spousal Sponsorship application for my wife and my wife is in Canada on a Tourist visa.
Below are the timelines:
Please help me with below questions:
  • When do we get a pre-AOR ? How can I get one? Is it by calling IRCC Contact Centre?
  • When do we get a AOR ?
  • Can Pre-AOR be used to apply for a work permit ?
    As I have used online portal to submit Inland Spousal Sponsorship application, AOR is mandatory to apply for Open work permit application.
I heard online applications takes longer. we sent our paper based inland in October but it got returned due to several mistakes in Bebruary 2022 so we resnt it in March so still waiting for pre AOR and actual AOR

NMD

Feb 16, 2022
This is frustrating. Applied inland November. They requested medicals and biometrics in Feb. I completed those immediately, and now my ecas just says "In Process" and "Medical Results have been received." Every time I try to search for my app to link my account it says it can't find it.

No updates for almost two months now and I'm watching as people get SA completed and people that applied in January jump the line ahead of November. This makes zero sense.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
This is frustrating. Applied inland November. They requested medicals and biometrics in Feb. I completed those immediately, and now my ecas just says "In Process" and "Medical Results have been received." Every time I try to search for my app to link my account it says it can't find it.

No updates for almost two months now and I'm watching as people get SA completed and people that applied in January jump the line ahead of November. This makes zero sense.
Are you trying here? https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

NMD

Feb 16, 2022
It won't let me create an account. I tried with my UCI. Tried with hyphens and without. Copy and pasted directly from my biometrics letter. Also tried manually typing it in.

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet."

falco16

Dec 6, 2021

Are you trying to link to GCkey? Use your UCI no. And make sure you write 2 for people applying. Same with me applied November. On my ECAS says Medical received. But today April 4 they started reviewing my eligibility.

bediles

Mar 15, 2022
It won't let me create an account. I tried with my UCI. Tried with hyphens and without. Copy and pasted directly from my biometrics letter. Also tried manually typing it in.

"Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet."
Mine never worked until I tried my middle name along with my first for the 'given name' field. Give it a shot. PA side has more stages and therefore more info than the Sponsor side. No hyphens for the UCI (tried that too thinking it was the issue).

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021

Mine never worked until I tried my middle name along with my first for the 'given name' field. Give it a shot. PA side has more stages and therefore more info than the Sponsor side. No hyphens for the UCI (tried that too thinking it was the issue).
Variations in place of birth sometimes make a difference. Try state instead of city for example (go more vague or less vague)
Think: Ottawa vs Ontario

NMD

Feb 16, 2022
Are you trying to link to GCkey? Use your UCI no. And make sure you write 2 for people applying. Same with me applied November. On my ECAS says Medical received. But today April 4 they started reviewing my eligibility.
This worked while attempting to find my account with GCkey. I used my UCI + App number and changed it to two people applying instead of one. Now it's saying I have one application but that only my representative can see it. Looks like I need to call the lawyers (not Cohen, different firm) tomorrow to see what's going on.

Thank you all for your suggestions and assistance.

Reactions: falco16

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
This worked while attempting to find my account with GCkey. I used my UCI + App number and changed it to two people applying instead of one. Now it's saying I have one application but that only my representative can see it. Looks like I need to call the lawyers (not Cohen, different firm) tomorrow to see what's going on.

Thank you all for your suggestions and assistance.
For the new tracker, the lawyer was probably given a "party ID" so you'll have to use that for the tracker, and not your UCI.

powerpay

Dec 4, 2016
Got some update for my online sponsership for my spouse:

29-Nov-2021 - Submitted Online
25-Mar-2022 - Pre- AOR
07-Apr-2022 - Official AOR

Happy to see that there was a quick update from Pre to offcial AOR, hopefully this continues,
Thank You Jesus :)

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Got some update for my online sponsership for my spouse:

29-Nov-2021 - Submitted Online
25-Mar-2022 - Pre- AOR
07-Apr-2022 - Official AOR

Happy to see that there was a quick update from Pre to offcial AOR, hopefully this continues,
Thank You Jesus :)
it took them way longer time for per AOR and official AOR

karanvir jassal

May 18, 2018
Hey all
My application was submitted on dec 9 2021 and my pre aor came march 25 2022 and aor april 14 2022. Its inland and online application

cooky.sonu

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
I got my AOR / Medical Request on 16 Feb, the Eligibility stayed at "Not Started" the entire time and didn't change to "In Progress". It went from Not Started to Completed on the 12 March. I'm still waiting for an update on my background check.

Did you receive updates on background check, I see its completed for PA.
But the application is still in progress.

falco16

Dec 6, 2021
Thank you all for this group. I'm just waiting for my ecopr. Hoping and praying for everyone to reach their finish line soon. God bless us all

sean468

Mar 10, 2022
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
28-11-2022
Nomination.....
23-11-2022
AOR Received.
28-11-2022
Med's Request
17-05-2023
Med's Done....
17-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2023
LANDED..........
22-06-2023
Did you receive updates on background check, I see its completed for PA.
But the application is still in progress.
Nope still no update on the BGC yet.