Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Average of 4 months to the oath?
Yeap, in most cases, the ceremony takes place 3 to 4 months after you pass the test (Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5).

That is just an average that will depend on each application. There are cases that receive everything in days and others in more time (heard cases than more than 2 years). (Check Reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iXCMs0mYtJZwYTTIH3LDmHK1tgK7yqAgQ5Jfyxv7BEI/edit#gid=1316748968)

Note: I really apologize, but I'm going to start citing my sources because usually other users say that I misinform. For example, the below guy did not even know what the prohibition stage is, and I had to give him the official definition. Because first I gave him the exact chapter in the Citizenship Act and kept arguing.... anyway.

Another misinformation here that will now spread. Fingerprints are for Background verification, not for Prohibitions!

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Yeap, in most cases, the ceremony takes place 3 to 4 months after you pass the test (Source: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=363&top=5).

Ah okay, thanks

Note: I really apologize, but I'm going to start citing my sources because usually other users say that I misinform. For example, the below guy did not even know what the prohibition stage is, and I had to give him the official definition. Because first I gave him the exact chapter in the Citizenship Act and kept arguing.... anyway.
Not sure @wksj question warrants a passive aggressive response. I get where both are coming from. People need to take the temperature down a little and stop being accusatory and defensive. There are so many IRCC rules that it's hard to keep up with it.

• Love
Reactions: Franko72

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
Hi,

I passed my citizenship test yesterday.

1. How long does it take for CIC to update the online status ?
2. When can one expect to take the oath ceremony after passing the the test.

ladylin

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Hi,

I passed my citizenship test yesterday.

1. How long does it take for CIC to update the online status ?
2. When can one expect to take the oath ceremony after passing the the test.
they will update to completed in less than a week. i dont know about the oath ceremony

Reactions: atzquebec

guille1612

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
did you receive email or mail? I have a fingerprints request on my tracker on same day as yours but I did not receive any email or mail?
I received email on evening April 27th, and then i checked the tracker and their FP request was posted the day before, April 26th.

However, its important to mention that on the same April 26th, they answered my web forms inquiry (sent 1 month before), just saying that my case is still in progress. I feel that the web forms triggered a button to awake the officer and send the FP request.

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I received email on evening April 27th, and then i checked the tracker and their FP request was posted the day before, April 26th.

However, its important to mention that on the same April 26th, they answered my web forms inquiry (sent 1 month before), just saying that my case is still in progress. I feel that the web forms triggered a button to awake the officer and send the FP request.
There is an Urban legend that if you send a Webform, call every day to the IRCC or request the GCMS notes, the official has to check your file. That is just a legend...

Boubiyette

Mar 29, 2015
There is an Urban legend that if you send a Webform, call every day to the IRCC or request the GCMS notes, the official has to check your file. That is just a legend...
Hello, does it have any negative impact on the file itself if we request the GCMS notes. Or anyone can request this notes.
After how many months can we start requesting some say after 3 months some say after AOR... Thnak you

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
It does not have any negative impact (according to my experience when I was processing my PR), I used to request the GCMS notes every month, call them every day really early in the morning. Fun fact... on the GCMS notes appears how many times you have called.... and I had PAGES of calls. LOL.

That is my experience. This time I requested the GCMS notes after my test was completed on the tracker. And I'm calling every day.... but now lines are saturated and about to transfer my call, it drops telling me that they can transfer my call and I need to call again. I'll keep trying.
Why would you call everyday? Don't they give you the same answer?

I'm thinking of submitting a GCMS request, but it's only been 3 months since my AOR. Wondering if it's not too early? No movement on my file.

Wonder if they get annoyed if someone is requesting GCMS notes relatively early in the process and maybe on purpose they'd move your file to the back of the line.

Boubiyette

Mar 29, 2015
Yes, the same answer... but the log on that call is saved on your file. :) As I mentioned, I've had a talk just once (Last Friday), because the system does not transfer my call. So, I may wait for the GCMS notes.

If you just received your AOR, I suggest you wait until you have your test to request the notes. My suggestion.
Yes but ordering them doesn't faster the application.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Yes, the same answer... but the log on that call is saved on your file. :) As I mentioned, I've had a talk just once (Last Friday), because the system does not transfer my call. So, I may wait for the GCMS notes.

If you just received your AOR, I suggest you wait until you have your test to request the notes. My suggestion.
Our AOR is quite close. Mine is early February, yours is late January. Do you think it'd be detrimental if I submitted a GCMS request now? Was planning to do that in June, but I see many people are getting their BC cleared and test invites, so was thinking of doing it now just to get a glimpse of my application.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
The officers who actually process and make decisions on applications do not take time off to answer your phone call or ATIP request. They are all different people!