+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2021 - Citizenship applications

le_eddz

Star Member
May 25, 2018
I'm not sure why the tension here. We're all just fellow November Citizenship applicants. If many people call daily and send webforms and requests, I'm sure this puts some pressure (or awareness) on CIC internally to either move faster or allocate more resources. I'm not saying I personally do that, I'm too busy with work etc...

In regards to GCMS notes, they're not for speeding up your application, they give you an insightful glimpse into your application, what stage it is at, what has been completed, what remarks are on your file etc... It's good information for peace of mind and to be ready for the next steps.

Also in regards to comments like "Not sure why everyone here is desperate for their applications to move forward", everyone has their reasons. Maybe someone's PR Cars is expiring, someone has a sick family member in another country, someone wants to apply for status for their parents, someone wants to travel for a longer period... Everyone has their reasons for why they want their Citizenship faster. Also it my opinion this application shouldn't take longer than 6 months - if did, we wouldn't even have this forum.
You say that everyone has their reasons, but they applied for citizenship knowing that processing times vary and it certainly takes quite a while. If someone’s PR card is expiring, means they should’ve applied earlier. PR card lasts for 5 years, 1095 days eligibility is around 60% of those years. Sick family member in another country, that’s what visa’s are for, and that’s why they process much faster than a citizenship application. Visa’s have urgent processing too. I find it selfish for someone to apply for citizenship and expect it to process faster than everyone else. Some people get lucky and get it earlier than others. There’s nothing we can do about it.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
You say that everyone has their reasons, but they applied for citizenship knowing that processing times vary and it certainly takes quite a while. If someone’s PR card is expiring, means they should’ve applied earlier. PR card lasts for 5 years, 1095 days eligibility is around 60% of those years. Sick family member in another country, that’s what visa’s are for, and that’s why they process much faster than a citizenship application. Visa’s have urgent processing too. I find it selfish for someone to apply for citizenship and expect it to process faster than everyone else. Some people get lucky and get it earlier than others. There’s nothing we can do about it.
You make it sound easy. If someone already applied for Citizenship, I'm sure they don't want to renew their PR Card or apply for a separate visa, as this would prolong their application.

Also, when I applied the processing time was 12 months, now it changed to 27 months, which is not reasonable. I know people who waited 2 years for their citizenship and it's not a good feeling.

I'm not saying someone's application should be processed faster than others, I'm saying they should be all processed equally fast and within a reasonable time-frame, like: 6-12 months.

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Also in regards to comments like "Not sure why everyone here is desperate for their applications to move forward", everyone has their reasons. Maybe someone's PR Cars is expiring, someone has a sick family member in another country, someone wants to apply for status for their parents, someone wants to travel for a longer period... Everyone has their reasons for why they want their Citizenship faster. Also it my opinion this application shouldn't take longer than 6 months - if did, we wouldn't even have this forum.
  1. PR cards can be renewed. I plan to do so myself because mine's expiring in a few months too.
  2. You can travel with your current passport to the other country. Your original citizenship is still valid as are visa processes
  3. No comment on parents process as I don't know what it entails.
  4. Travel for a longer period - refer #2 above
Anyway the reasons you've listed have ways out. You're at no risk of being kicked out of Canada because you're already a PR. Sorry but I don't see this as a reason to call up IRCC agent everyday

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
  1. PR cards can be renewed. I plan to do so myself because mine's expiring in a few months too.
  2. You can travel with your current passport to the other country. Your original citizenship is still valid as are visa processes
Anyway the reasons you've listed have ways out. You're at no risk of being kicked out of Canada because you're already a PR. Sorry but I don't see this as a reason to call up IRCC agent everyday
I would say some diversity of strategies in our groups can be helpful, someone is calling, someone is requesting notes, someone is just waiting....we have a great amount of information from different sources that we can share to ease our minds. All methods should be encouraged and respected. Let us focus on the positive side of the thinking.

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
For sure my friend, there are always ways out. My comment was in response to statements like "why is everyone so desperate or in a rush" - and my point was everyone has their own personal reasons.

On a more positive note, things do look like they're moving. I'm hoping we'll all get our citizenship within 12 months. If you look at the Citizenship Tracker from 12 months ago (May 2021) 64% of people had their test. I wonder how many people drop off this forum after that and stop updating their status - to Oath Ceremony etc... As this makes it look like they had no progress, but in reality maybe they already got their citizenship and didn't bother to continue updating.

Reactions: Shining Moon

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Please update

Paper Applicant (Family 2)
Sent: Nov 13, 2021 - Sidney, NS
Received: Nov 16, 2021
AOR: Jan 23, 2022
Office: Kitchener, ON
ECAS: Feb 21, 2022
Background verification : COMPLETED - Feb 22, 2022
Citizenship test: COMPLETED - Apr 19, 2022
Language skills: COMPLETED - May 02, 2022
Physical presence: COMPLETED - May 02, 2022
Prohibitions: COMPLETED - May 02, 2022
Citizenship ceremony: NOT STARTED

Do you know what happens next???? I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!!

By the way, I erased most of my posts, because I started receiving posts and direct messages from people that were really mad at me because I got my citizenship in 6 months. I just decided to make things happen.

Last edited:

dungle87

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Saskatchewan
Yeeeeeiiii!!!!!

Well, Maybe is a coincidence or not. Report to the Minister of IRCC (Complaint I sent 3 weeks ago), Everyday call to IRCC (Thanks to my 2 assistants), And the GCMS notes I requested on April 17, 2022... It seems it worked!!!

Admin, can you please update my information. By the way I was wrong, my office is Kitchener, ON. Here is all my information:

Do you know what happens next???? I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!! I knew that IRCC is trying their best to clear the backlog.
Congratulations, your update sets our hopes on fire :v

• Love
Reactions: Franko72

GD.Iron.80

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Yeeeeeiiii!!!!!

Well, Maybe is a coincidence or not. Report to the Minister of IRCC (Complaint I sent 3 weeks ago), Everyday call to IRCC (Thanks to my 2 assistants), And the GCMS notes I requested on April 17, 2022... It seems it worked!!!

Admin, can you please update my information. By the way I was wrong, my office is Kitchener, ON. Here is all my information:

Do you know what happens next???? I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!! I knew that IRCC is trying their best to clear the backlog.
Congratulations!!!

Does this basically mean that your "Decision has been made" and you are basically granted citizenship?

Of course, you need to go through the formality of the Oath and Ceremony, then get the certificate, but other than that your decision has been made, right?

PolarBear78

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO/CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-09-2017 (upfront)
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2018
Yeeeeeiiii!!!!!

Have you checked your status in ecas?

PolarBear78

Star Member
May 22, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO/CPC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-04-2017
Nomination.....
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
30-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-09-2017 (upfront)
Passport Req..
13-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-03-2018
@Franko72 what did you ask in the call everyday? I did not called them ever but I am guessing when you called them, they replied that your case is in process and it may take 4+ months to complete. That means you should not call in next 4 months. right?

WelCanada

Star Member
Feb 7, 2022
I do not suggest calling IRCC every day but I certainly feel bad about IRCC system. There are people who need to go to many countries for business purposes. They may need a visa with their current passport or with their current passport, it may not be possible for them to get a visa. For instance, Iranian passport holders may not get visa to USA or they need to go with a tough processing. As a PR, people came to Canada after many background checks. Specifically, after PR, if a person does not travel anywhere but lives and work in Canada, will it be reasonable to place them for more than a year to wait for citizenship? It is great to see that some people think it is fine to wait as long as IRCC ask them to wait. Hence, IRCC should make one option in the application as " I do mind when my citizenship application process takes more than a year: YES or NO" So please choose NO :)

At least, IRCC should have a premium processing ( additional fee) option to accommodate people who are in hurry

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
Please update

Do you know what happens next???? I'M SUPER EXCITED!!!!

By the way, I erased most of my posts, because I started receiving posts and direct messages from people that were really mad at me because I got my citizenship in 6 months. I just decided to make things happen.
I am just curious what do you say when you call them everyday? like it's same repeating questions and answers? Can these agent in call center actually help you to speed up the process?

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I am just curious what do you say when you call them everyday? like it's same repeating questions and answers? Can these agent in call center actually help you to speed up the process?
I asked them to review my case and check if everything is ok. They confirmed the information. THEY can not help speed your process, but a call log will appear on your file. (You will see ALL the calls if you get the GCMS notes)

Reactions: A_S and GD.Iron.80