Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
No movement in app since February 14th Background Complete, spouse got Fingerprints request in Feb and get BG completed on March 14th no movement since then. I am not sure what is hold up ? I was hoping Test invite should have come this month but no luck

astrogal86

Star Member
Apr 26, 2022
I got a quick question regarding physical presence check - will multiple entries/ exits into Canada from USA complicate my case?

Thanks in advance!

ArthurTheGreat

Star Member
Mar 21, 2022
No movement in app since February 14th Background Complete, spouse got Fingerprints request in Feb and get BG completed on March 14th no movement since then. I am not sure what is hold up ? I was hoping Test invite should have come this month but no luck
I give up hopes already, agent told me they have not started anything on the profile.....so ffcking dumb

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Another misinformation here that will now spread. Fingerprints are for Background verification, not for Prohibitions!

• Haha
Reactions: Franko72

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Another misinformation here that will now spread. Fingerprints are for Background verification, not for Prohibitions!
Fingerprints can be requested on both, background and prohibitions. This according to the Citizenship Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-29) -
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/c-29/section-22.html

A background check is at the beginning of the process to know if they should continue with the application, Prohibitions are basically the same to make a decision before closing the file. AND also in the ceremony, the judge will ask you if you have any situation related to the content of this (Criminal Acts). You can call IRCC and confirm this information, I did this Friday, and they gave me the explanation of why. They can also request fingerprints if the applicant has been out of the country for more than 180 days, If there are similar names, etc. There are TONS of reasons that on the LAST step they can request Fingerprints.

I would like to know what you think that they do while they check that step. LOL.

wksj

Oct 7, 2021
Do you really want to keep making up things after that last one you argued with other people? Show me one instance where they asked for fingerprints for Prohibitions. The background verification is a check in the police database in Canada. The Prohibitions is a more detailed check with the intelligence agency and other countries as well; they are not going to send your fingerprints to another country, no country will allow that. And the judge will not ask such questions, you may be asked by the officer who is verifying your identity, and on the oath, you are signing that you were not subject to any criminal proceedings since submitting the application.

• Haha
Reactions: Franko72

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Do you want to keep making up things after that last one you argued with other people? Show me one instance where they asked for fingerprints for Prohibitions. The background verification is a check in the police database in Canada. The Prohibitions is a more detailed check with the intelligence agency and other countries as well; they are not going to send your fingerprints to another country, no country will allow that. And the judge will not ask such questions, you may be asked by the officer who is verifying your identity, and on the oath, you are signing that you were not subject to any criminal proceedings since submitting the application.
LOL, who told you that prohibition is what you said.... Hahahahahaha. By the way, yes. I like to clear my point with facts, not what I think or believe. You are totally wrong about what prohibition is:

REFUSAL OF CITIZENSHIP (PROHIBITION) DEFINITION: Applicable Legislation with respect to Granting and Prohibiting Citizenship: Section 5(1) of the Citizenship Act sets out the criteria the Minister must take into consideration when allotting citizenship to an applicant. The constituent elements include being eighteen years of age or older (s. 5(1)(b)), adequate knowledge of one of the official languages of Canada (s. 5(1)(d)), adequate knowledge of Canada and the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship (s. 5(1)(e)) and is not under a removal order or prohibited from citizenship pursuant to s. 20 (s. 5(1)(f)). The most contentious condition is the residency requirement under s. 5(1)(c). This provision has been the subject of much jurisprudence which will be elucidated below. It is also important to note that s. 5(3) of the Act provides the Minister with the discretion to waive, on compassionate grounds, the requirements of s. 5(1)(d) or (e). In the case of a minor, this section also allows the Minister to waive the requirement of s. 5(1)(b) or (c) on the same basis.

Source: http://www.cba.org/cba/cle/pdf/Green.pdf

That is why Language, Psychical Presence and Prohibitios are cleared on the same day. And yes, they can ask you for fingerprints during that phase; why:

Fingerprints are used to:
  • Confirm your identity - In case there is a high number of people with the same name
  • Prevent someone else from stealing your identity
  • Check your criminal record - during a background check
Citizenship officials can request FP whenever they what... like to confirm your identity; also, if your background check has more than one year, they may ask for your FP again. https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/fingerprint-request-twice.729358/

And this Friday, I called IRCC to check my file, and they confirmed that during the last stage, they could ask for FP, again... TO CONFIRM IDENTITY in case they want. One reason could be that my name has many matches..... OR if the background check has more than one year and they need to rerun it (like explained before)..... yes during prohibitions..

Prohibitions is the stage where the official reviews ALL your file and checks if there is something that made him refuse the application.

I hope now is clear.... and is not arguing or discussing. Is just making my point clear with facts.

Reactions: GD.Iron.80

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Do you really want to keep making up things after that last one you argued with other people? Show me one instance where they asked for fingerprints for Prohibitions. The background verification is a check in the police database in Canada. The Prohibitions is a more detailed check with the intelligence agency and other countries as well; they are not going to send your fingerprints to another country, no country will allow that. And the judge will not ask such questions, you may be asked by the officer who is verifying your identity, and on the oath, you are signing that you were not subject to any criminal proceedings since submitting the application.
Background checks for Canadian immigration involve the efforts of three bodies. These bodies or agencies are:
  • Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
  • Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA)
  • Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS)
Once an applicant passes it, background information is checked.

What is the Security Screening or Background check Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/security-intelligence-service/services/security-screening-for-immigration-and-citizenship-applications.html

Franko72

Jan 31, 2019
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Yes this is what I used to calculate my days
Relax, enjoy. The Citizenship team will do their work and they are used to it, once they take your case they will work on the calculations. It is better that you disclose everything, that means you won't have any issues. I know some cases where people do not disclose or forget the dates, and even that they pass. So really, do not worry. :)

Just remember if you had your test, it is an average of 4 months while they review your file (some cases more, but that depends on each file and the processing office). Be positive and everything will go great, I KNOW that is hard not to think about having passports in our hands... I KNOW!!!! LOL

But we just need to wait, the good thing is that they are hiring LOTS of people (500 in January and they keep hiring) so there are a lot of good hopes that our files will be processed a bit faster. :)

Reactions: astrogal86