+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

pdp11

Dec 1, 2020
Bangkok, Thailand
we dont have any link or address shown on our website to mail them the passport, can i mail it to Bangkok VFS and then they can mail it back to me in malaysia?
You will need someone you know and trust. They will have to act as your agent. The problem with sending from Malaysia to BKK is there is no way for you to pay the VFS fees which need to be on a bank draft in local currency (THB here). And I think VFS will insist on a Thai address to return the passport. Friends in another country can handle all of this for you and you only need to courier to/from them with a signed VFS waiver form.

You probably do want to contact the Singapore VO and let them know the local situation. They expect to get the passport in 30 days unless you alert them. Any maybe they can offer an alternative approach?

Reactions: Vinysaini

Vinysaini

Jan 18, 2021
You will need someone you know and trust. They will have to act as your agent. The problem with sending from Malaysia to BKK is there is no way for you to pay the VFS fees which need to be on a bank draft in local currency (THB here). And I think VFS will insist on a Thai address to return the passport. Friends in another country can handle all of this for you and you only need to courier to/from them with a signed VFS waiver form.

You probably do want to contact the Singapore VO and let them know the local situation. They expect to get the passport in 30 days unless you alert them. Any maybe they can offer an alternative approach?
Thanks for your help....will call Singapore VO on monday and see what they say

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
Fellow November Applicants:

I received PPR today :)

For me (PA from Thailand and Singapore VO) it was exactly 5 weeks from pre-arrival to PPR, and 10 days from DM to PPR.

For planning purposes, the PPR letter indicates Singapore will need 1 month to stamp the passport. VAC (VFS) processing in Thailand is about one week on both the send and receive side. So, plan on 6 weeks after PPR to actually get your stamped passport (and I assume COPR) in hand. The tracking spreadsheet indicates that others are receiving their passport back a lot faster than 6 weeks so this may just be the situation for the Singapore VO. Or, perhaps, all PPR letters say 1 month but it could be sooner.

I'm cheering for all of you to get through this and reunite with your loved ones in Canada!
Congrats

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi is there anybody from Malaysia who got their PPR from last 2 months? as I have just my PPR yesterday and the VFS office in Malaysia is Temporarily closed, so can any body help me when and how to send my passport to Singapore visa office for COPR and Visa issue?
Hey I'm a Malaysian too, but I live in Singapore. Just submitted my passport. You can just DHL/courier your documents to the VAC in Singpore. I emailed VFS I'll copy it below :

Thank you for contacting VFS Canada Visa Information Service Centre for Singapore.

Please note that if you have received the passport request letter from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada) you must submit your passport by mail or by courier only as the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) is not accepting walk-in applicants due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

Please note that processing times will be determined by the High Commission Singapore after receiving the package at that end.

Documents to be submitted:

If the link doesn't work, kindly follow the steps below:

For VFS Consent Form:

1. Visit the https://visa.vfsglobal.com/sgp/en/can/
2. Look for the "Apply for a visa" tab, and then click on "Start now"
3. Look for number 1, "Identify visa type" and click on View More
4. Scroll down a little, look for the VFS Consent Form link

For CVAC Mail-in Checklist:

1. Visit www.vfsglobal.com/sgp/en/can/
2. Look for the "Apply for a visa" tab, and then click on "Start now"
3. Click on the "Apply by mail" tab
4. Look for number 2, "Begin your Application" and click View More
5. Scroll down then look for number 2 wherein you can see the CVAC Mail-in Application Checklist

PLEASE NOTE: If you have provided biometrics at the Canada Visa Application Centre – Singapore with the current application, the package transmission fee is waived off. However, if the biometrics is collected from a different Canada Visa Application Centre, a package transmission fee of 42.60 SGD will apply.

Kindly note that if the Applicant is 13 years old and below or 80 years old and above, they are not required to provide “Biometrics”. In line with that, the package transmission fee will apply. Also, if the Applicant provides
biometrics with their old application and applied for a new one, the package transmission fee will apply once they are requested by the Canadian Embassy to submit their passport.

Please be informed that due to the ongoing Covid-19 outbreak, all passports will only be returned using the courier services offered by the Canada Visa Application Centre (CVAC) which is 17.40 SGD (per person) as other couriers may not be liable to the contents of the envelope. The courier service offered by the CVAC is exclusive inside Singapore only. If you are going to submit from outside Singapore, you will have to arrange an international courier for returning your passport. The SMS option for 3.20 SGD is a helpful tool that keeps you updated on your package status. All our services can be included in one Bank Draft with the total amount.

Address to post the documents:
135 Cecil Street, #08-01, Philippine Airlines Building, Singapore 069536.

Please feel free to get in touch with us in case of further information on your Canada Visa Application. You may choose to contact us via email on info.cansg@vfshelpline.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

You may call our Canada Visa Information Helpline on: 8008526574 between 08:00 am to 16:00 pm and Monday to Friday or chat with our agent by visiting our website given below.

Mar 20, 2020
Hi.. is there anyone in Nov outland group who has not received the Medical request? My documents reached on 3rd Nov 2020. I got AOR on 10th April but after that no update. I have sent atleast 5 web form request and the response was that the application is in progress. I don't know what's happening!!

Dec 1, 2020
Hi.. is there anyone in Nov outland group who has not received the Medical request? My documents reached on 3rd Nov 2020. I got AOR on 10th April but after that no update. I have sent atleast 5 web form request and the response was that the application is in progress. I don't know what's happening!!
HI @Leena i have not received Medical till date . Though I am done with biometric and have SA approval.I am nov applicant

Reactions: Leena Bhavnani

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
Hi everyone,
I sent a request to get gcms notes on 21st july but till today nothing is received. Anybody tell me how many days they take to send gcms notes?

aronnok

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys, We got passport request email on Aug 29. Passport sent via VAC to visa office today.
Feeling relieved. Those who are waiting for their last mile of the application I feel for you.
It's a tough process. Just focus on different things other than obsessively checking update or email every hour.
I wish you good luck.

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone,
I sent a request to get gcms notes on 21st july but till today nothing is received. Anybody tell me how many days they take to send gcms notes?
Did you read the confirmation that you received right after the GCMS request? If you did, you wouldn't ask that question there.

Vinysaini

Jan 18, 2021
Hey I'm a Malaysian too, but I live in Singapore. Just submitted my passport. You can just DHL/courier your documents to the VAC in Singpore. I emailed VFS I'll copy it below :
YES I EMAILED THE VAC IN SINGAPORE AND THEY ASKED ME TO SUBMIT IT DIRECTLY TO THEM, BUT JUST WANTED TO ASK YOU IF WE ARE SUBMITTING IT DIRECTLY TO THE VISA OFFICE THEN WHY DO WE STILL NEED THE VFS CONSENT FORM ?

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
YES I EMAILED THE VAC IN SINGAPORE AND THEY ASKED ME TO SUBMIT IT DIRECTLY TO THEM, BUT JUST WANTED TO ASK YOU IF WE ARE SUBMITTING IT DIRECTLY TO THE VISA OFFICE THEN WHY DO WE STILL NEED THE VFS CONSENT FORM ?
It's part of their procedure, VFS is a separate entity contracted by the Canadian government to collect and distribute passports. Basically, like a middle person. Visa office does not equal VFS. Visa office is at the High Commission. VFS and VAC are different.

kanislupos

Star Member
Jan 22, 2017
Singapore
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
Hi Guys, We got passport request email on Aug 29. Passport sent via VAC to visa office today.
Feeling relieved. Those who are waiting for their last mile of the application I feel for you.
It's a tough process. Just focus on different things other than obsessively checking update or email every hour.
I wish you good luck.
I'm so happy for you!!!!! Finally!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: aronnok

Vinysaini

Jan 18, 2021
It's part of their procedure, VFS is a separate entity contracted by the Canadian government to collect and distribute passports. Basically, like a middle person. Visa office does not equal VFS. Visa office is at the High Commission. VFS and VAC are different.
Yes exactly so if i send it directly to VAC and not through VFS then i no need the VFS consent form right?