+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2020 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Any idea typically how long is the process after one has received AOR1? Understand covid19 has changed everything but just curious.

Gur deep

Oct 26, 2020
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-08-2019
Doc's Request.
4-09-2019
Passport Req..
06-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2020
LANDED..........
04-09-2020
Any idea typically how long is the process after one has received AOR1? Understand covid19 has changed everything but just curious.
CIC processing time shows 12 months and the timeline begins the day when the application is received. I think the waiting time after AOR (which itself takes 2-3 months) is 9 to 10 months. I wish I could be lesser

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi Fellow November applicants,

I just got my temporary file number from CIC. It started with XF. I missed a call from CIC number on Saturday morning and was trying to know who called me and why. So I called to find out who did and got the file number in the process.

Gur deep

Oct 26, 2020
Canada
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-08-2019
Doc's Request.
4-09-2019
Passport Req..
06-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2020
LANDED..........
04-09-2020

I just got my temporary file number from CIC. It started with XF. I missed a call from CIC number on Saturday morning and was trying to know who called me and why. So I called to find out who did and got the file number in the process.
That's great !
When did you submit your file ?

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020

Wow congrats! Did you find out why they were trying to contact you in the first place?

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Wow congrats! Did you find out why they were trying to contact you in the first place?
They said they didn't contact me but we have TRV application on file, so they asked me to send webform to the visa office for the TRV to know if they contacted me and why as they can't see the details of that application since it's being processed outside Canada.

yash91pathak

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Hi guys,
I am applying for my spouse's PR,. She is in India and I am in Canada on PR - When CIC recieves the file and sends an AOR, will they send it to me or to my wife in India? Is there a list of steps that happen after CIC recives the application and where the correspondance happens (india or canada) ?

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Hi guys,
I am applying for my spouse's PR,. She is in India and I am in Canada on PR - When CIC recieves the file and sends an AOR, will they send it to me or to my wife in India? Is there a list of steps that happen after CIC recives the application and where the correspondance happens (india or canada) ?
I think they will send the AOR through email not mail.

jkjy

Star Member
May 12, 2020
Hi guys,
AOR will be sent to Sponsor's email. As for the steps after AOR, I'm not that familiar too maybe some other ppl can give you their input.

R H

Star Member
Jan 17, 2020
I have seen somebody on facebook group got AOR whose application received on 16-11-2020

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: jkjy