November 2020 - Citizenship Application

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
I sent passport copy last November. When could i expect to receive a feedback from Mississauga office?
They do not typically reply to the email after you send a copy of your passport via email.

Reactions: namwbysbd

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
They do not typically reply to the email after you send a copy of your passport via email.
I mean to seen any update or receive an invitation for cermony

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Hello everyone! I finally had my oath ceremony yesterday March 1st. Thanks to everyone for all the support on this thread and good luck to everyone in the process. I know it’s hard and frustrating but hopefully when we become citizens we can make a positive change to advocate for better resources for people who are going through this experience.

my ceremony was quite underwhelming. Having the ceremony on Zoom really doesn’t convey the emotional value and pride one would otherwise feel at such an event unfortunately. But better than nothing at this point lol!
Worse moment was having to cut the PR card. It really broke my heart lol!
I thought I would be overjoyed at the ceremony but I admit that the super long wait time and lack of transparency made the experience overall not pleasant so I didn’t really feel “happy” about it. I wanted to share, just in case others have the same experience!
I think the moment of when it will all “feel real” will be when we get the passport and be able to vote for the first time and that’s when one can look back on the long journey and realize “wow, look at what I/we have accomplished.”

i really hope that the process will improve for future applicants and all I can say for current applicants is just to hang in there and don’t lose hope. You’re almost there.
I will remain active on the forum to help out and answer questions.

for now, waiting for citizenship certificate which, as the agent told me in the ceremony yesterday,can take 2-6 weeks to arrive.

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Hello everyone! I finally had my oath ceremony yesterday March 1st. Thanks to everyone for all the support on this thread and good luck to everyone in the process. I know it’s hard and frustrating but hopefully when we become citizens we can make a positive change to advocate for better resources for people who are going through this experience.

my ceremony was quite underwhelming. Having the ceremony on Zoom really doesn’t convey the emotional value and pride one would otherwise feel at such an event unfortunately. But better than nothing at this point lol!
Worse moment was having to cut the PR card. It really broke my heart lol!
I thought I would be overjoyed at the ceremony but I admit that the super long wait time and lack of transparency made the experience overall not pleasant so I didn’t really feel “happy” about it. I wanted to share, just in case others have the same experience!
I think the moment of when it will all “feel real” will be when we get the passport and be able to vote for the first time and that’s when one can look back on the long journey and realize “wow, look at what I/we have accomplished.”

i really hope that the process will improve for future applicants and all I can say for current applicants is just to hang in there and don’t lose hope. You’re almost there.
I will remain active on the forum to help out and answer questions.

for now, waiting for citizenship certificate which, as the agent told me in the ceremony yesterday,can take 2-6 weeks to arrive.
Thankyou for sharing your experience

joy02

Jan 13, 2019
Hello everyone it’s almost 8 months now and I still no updates after I passed the exam.

it’s almost 8 months when they updated my status to Citizenship Test Status Completed.

what should I do? I’m getting worried as I need to go to US this coming December 2022

i emailed them but only received an email saying it’s because of Covid that’s why it’s taking longer.

Where should I call them?

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
Hello everyone it’s almost 8 months now and I still no updates after I passed the exam.

it’s almost 8 months when they updated my status to Citizenship Test Status Completed.

what should I do? I’m getting worried as I need to go to US this coming December 2022

i emailed them but only received an email saying it’s because of Covid that’s why it’s taking longer.

Where should I call them?
which office

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Hi All,

seems to be some movement, I completed my test Dec 18th and it was marked complete like the next day.

I just went into my tracker and everything has been marked "Complete" now, just waiting on the "Oath Ceremony" which is not started but hopefully in the next couple of months i will get the ceremony invite.

Hang in there guys, I know it's going super slow but I am hoping everyone has their citizenship before the end of the year at least!

:)

237mota

Star Member
Jan 12, 2022
I sent passport copy last November. When could i expect to receive a feedback from Mississauga office?
You can send them an email to ensure that they have received the passport copy. In my case they respond to my email saying they have received the passport copies.
For the feedback or update on your file it's a different story, I have been waiting for more than 7 months. But again each case is different you might get an update earlier than me.

Regards

Reactions: namwbysbd

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I feel like I read somewhere they return a portion of your fee if your application takes more than 1 year. Or is that wishful thinking.

• Haha
Reactions: sk000

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
Morning all,

Is there anyone know how many days to receive ATIP?

Thanks in advance