+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Guys , I have given my test in December but after that nothing . I am getting worried . Can someone guide for how long should I wait for decision ? Thanks
dont you worry and stress out on this! trust me you are going to kill yourself for no reason! no one can give you an answer about this waiting period. after the test to get your oath date waiting period was ~3-5 months. with this Ukrainian crisis it's totally unpredictable now, imo!
just be patient and hope you'll get your turn soon! good luck!

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Guys----it is 7 months since i completed the test.....but i still see only the test status marked as completed....rest all - Physical presence, Prohibitions and language skills is still in progress for me.......

For wife everything is marked as completed.....and waiting for ceremony dates.....

I think my application is delaying the full completion for wife and kids as well....What is the general though - just wait?
I'm on the same boat. I took the test in July

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Guys , I have given my test in December but after that nothing . I am getting worried . Can someone guide for how long should I wait for decision ? Thanks
Honestly we already told you we have all waited a LOT longer. You have merely waited 2.5 months . Relax for now most people have waited 6 months+. And it's the third time we tell you this.

Catcher8587

Jun 14, 2016
Is there a way to look back and see when my decision was made? My citizenship ceremony just went to "In Progress" today. Does that mean my decision was made today too or could that have happened previously?

Reactions: Kornet

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Is there a way to look back and see when my decision was made? My citizenship ceremony just went to "In Progress" today. Does that mean my decision was made today too or could that have happened previously?
Look on ECAS, the one you showed is the online tracker right?

Catcher8587

Jun 14, 2016
Look on ECAS, the one you showed is the online tracker right?
I did look on ECAS too. I'm able to see that it's in "Decision Made" status, but I can't see the date the decision was made. I'm just wondering as I haven't been checking ECAS so I'm curious about how soon I can expect my ceremony now.

Where it says "In Progress" for the citizenship ceremony was the online tracker though.

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
I did look on ECAS too. I'm able to see that it's in "Decision Made" status, but I can't see the date the decision was made. I'm just wondering as I haven't been checking ECAS so I'm curious about how soon I can expect my ceremony now.

Where it says "In Progress" for the citizenship ceremony was the online tracker though.
There is no fixed timeline from DM to ceremony

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Primary Office: Mississauga, ON
5 Nov 2020 - Application sent
8 April 2021 - Background Verification Complete
23 Nov 2021 - Citizenship test status has been updated to completed
25 Feb 2022 - Physical presence, Prohibitions and language skills updated to completed

When can I expect my Oath Ceremony invitation?

Thank you in advance.
4-6 weeks

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015

Its funny how just yesterday when I gave this answer I didn't know I would be at DM today. As someone who checks status daily, I can offer my perspective. I can now see on the tracker there are dates as to when your status changed, Prohibitions, Language and Physical presence all changed on the same date. That would be considered the DM date. The last date IRCC worked on your file is also indicted. I check the online new tracker first thing before I start work and everything was still "in progress". I had a meeting at 9am and decided to check ECAS before the meeting started. I noticed status was at DM and I went to go inform my wife. After my meeting finished at 9:45 I wanted to show her the two systems and how they indicate different things, and logged into the new tracker and saw "completed" for everything except ceremony. Its currently "not started" So if yours is "in progress" you'll get your oath request pretty soon then.

Reactions: HoPe90 and sk000

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
Hello,

Did anyone order ATIP? IS it useful and how many days to receive back from them?

Thanks in Advance

Amd1985

May 16, 2013
Hi everyone,
Primary office - Mississauga, ON
All my activities are marked complete on March 1st except Citizenship ceremony which is not started?
I checked ecas and its marked as Decision Made but the tracker still says ' In progress'.
Am i looking at 4-6 weeks for Oath ceremony or more?

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
I sent passport copy last November. When could i expect to receive a feedback from Mississauga office?

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
Hi everyone,
Primary office - Mississauga, ON
All my activities are marked complete on March 1st except Citizenship ceremony which is not started?
I checked ecas and its marked as Decision Made but the tracker still says ' In progress'.
Am i looking at 4-6 weeks for Oath ceremony or more?
To give you an idea, I have been waiting for 5 months since Decision Made on ECAS, tracker ‘In Progress’, and no Oath invitation yet. Same Mississauga office.