+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

stranger2904

Mar 1, 2021
I suggest you to loose hope and throw out of the window all expectations you might have had.
You might get lucky (if Jupiter in the right dome and coin toss had shown heads five times in the row)
There are a lot of people who wrote the test all the way back in June and are still awaiting for a next step (decision made or passport pages request).
IRCC might not even request your passport pages, fyi.
Just keep an eye on your email - but don't hold your breath.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
The next step will be DM (Decision Made). IRCC will update your Physical presence, Language skills and Prohibitions to complete. To do this, they will request a copy of your passport (all pages). It may take 1-2 months

After this step, you will wait for 4-6 months for the Oath invitation and 2-4 weeks for the Oath Ceremony. Then you will wait again for the Citizenship certificate (2-4 weeks).

All timelines are estimates, it may be faster or longer depending on your situation, processing office, mood of an immigration officer, angular position of any given star in the sky, gravitational pull of the moon and many other reasons we don't know
Thank you very much! ;)

Reactions: hayden314

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi everybody,

My citizenship test status has been updated to Completed. Does this mean they accepted my test results? I was a little worried about my camera's not so great resolution.

Thank you!
Hello. When did you take your test and how long did it take to change as completed in your status? Also, which province did you apply from? I took the test yesterday and passed, but my status is still the same, showing as in progress and doesnt show completed. I am worried too! :(

pnaran14

Jan 11, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
India
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2017
Doc's Request.
25-May-2017
AOR Received.
17-05-2017
File Transfer...
07-06-2017
Med's Request
18-05-2017
Med's Done....
22-05-2017
Passport Req..
15-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-Nov-2018
LANDED..........
26-Nov-2018
The next step will be DM (Decision Made). IRCC will update your Physical presence, Language skills and Prohibitions to complete. To do this, they will request a copy of your passport (all pages). It may take 1-2 months

After this step, you will wait for 4-6 months for the Oath invitation and 2-4 weeks for the Oath Ceremony. Then you will wait again for the Citizenship certificate (2-4 weeks).

All timelines are estimates, it may be faster or longer depending on your situation, processing office, mood of an immigration officer, angular position of any given star in the sky, gravitational pull of the moon and many other reasons we don't know
I was laughing like hell! Thanks a lot for lightening the mood. Best message!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018

Don't forget 4-8 weeks for the passport :)

Reactions: strikeharsh

Inland Refugee

Jun 18, 2017
My Background verification status has been updated to Completed on December 2nd. Also, I moved to Quebec recently and my processing office now is Montreal.
  • Today I got this new update on the tracker "You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between December 17, 2021 and January 6, 2022". No email invitation yet

Reactions: December2016

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021

Hi Hayden! Thanks for this valuable information. So I just want to ask, I took my citizenship test on Monday and tracker was updated to Completed yesterday. Now the request for the passport copies, do we send that to them in the mail or email? When will I be expecting that and does everyone get asked for those? I believe initially when I sent in my application, I had sent those copies as well. Please advise. Thank you

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi Hayden! Thanks for this valuable information. So I just want to ask, I took my citizenship test on Monday and tracker was updated to Completed yesterday. Now the request for the passport copies, do we send that to them in the mail or email? When will I be expecting that and does everyone get asked for those? I believe initially when I sent in my application, I had sent those copies as well. Please advise. Thank you
Hi, everyone does not get asked for the passport copies and timelines are different for most of us depending on the factors that Hayden correctly listed :)
Me and my family were not asked for passport copies at all and we got a decision made and oath ceremony date within 2 months of my completing the test. So hang in there ! :)

Reactions: DeeBruv

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hi, everyone does not get asked for the passport copies and timelines are different for most of us depending on the factors that Hayden correctly listed :)
Me and my family were not asked for passport copies at all and we got a decision made and oath ceremony date within 2 months of my completing the test. So hang in there ! :)
Oh wow that's great! Thanks eager!! appreciate your response

Reactions: eager

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
I did my test on the 3rd Dec and now i can see Test Completed on the tracker as at 7th Dec.

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
Hey, there are 3 possible situations: 1) they ask you to provide a scanned copy of your passport in PDF; 2) original documents or copies via mail; 3) they may not ask for it at all.

DN MIS Citizenship E-Test team sends a REQUEST LETTER with the instructions.

My timeline (yours may be different): July 20 - Test invite; July 23 - Passport request letter; July 27 - Test Completed; August 5 - they confirmed via email that they received my copies; September 14 - DM. Since then - dead silence. I guess, the angular position of my star in the sky or gravitational pull of the moon is wrong this time.

Here is a copy of the letter with instructions:

In order for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to continue the process of your
citizenship application, scanned copies or photos of all passport(s) and travel document(s) pages held
during your eligibility period are required. If you do not have a travel document or passport, please
provide an explanation.

You must provide a colour copy of each page, including blank pages.

The required documents have to be sent within 30 calendar days from the date of this notice and by
replying to this email. If necessary, you may be asked to present your original documents or other
documents at a later date.

Please note that if you are unable to send the scanned copies or photos through email, please contact us
by the deadline.

Note: Any documents that are not in English or French must be accompanied by:
- the English or French translation; and
- an affidavit from the person who completed the translation.

An affidavit is a document on which the translator has sworn, in the presence of a commissioner
authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the translator is living, that the contents of their
translation are a true translation and representation of the contents of the original document.
Translators who are certified members in good standing of one of the provincial or territorial
organizations of translators and interpreters of Canada do not need to supply an affidavit. Translations
by family members are not acceptable.
N.B.: Passport(s) and travel document(s) stamps that are not in English or French must also be translated.

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hey, there are 3 possible situations: 1) they ask you to provide a scanned copy of your passport in PDF; 2) original documents or copies via mail; 3) they may not ask for it at all.

My timeline (yours may be different): July 20 - Test invite; July 23 - Passport request letter; July 27 - Test Completed; August 5 - they confirmed via email that they received my copies; September 14 - DM. Since then - dead silence. I guess, the angular position of my star in the sky or gravitational pull of the moon is wrong this time.

Ohh interesting. I see. Well lets keep our fingers crossed and hope that all this happens ASAP! I applied for this last year August 2020 and now wer at the end of this year!

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016

Thats so frustrating to still wait after DM has been made almost 3 months ago

Reactions: hayden314

Pascal.H

May 26, 2015
Laval
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29-12-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
29-12-2016
Med's Request
19-01-2017
Passport Req..
05-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-08-2017
Hi all,

when do you think I should call IRCC and should I call them or not yet?