+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi @rajkamalmohanram - Thank you for all your guidance and super helpful information that you have been sharing with the group thus far. Would you by any chance know what are the current timelines like after the Oath ceremony is completed? By when does one recieve the citizenship certificate by mail and how long does it take for the passport processing? The context is that my oath ceremony is scheduled Jan 31st, I have to travel out of Canada in January and was hoping the ceremony would have been earlier.
Any information that I could get on the timelines would be helpful for me to plan ahead. Thank you.

john_hey

Mar 9, 2016
Hi @rajkamalmohanram - Thank you for all your guidance and super helpful information that you have been sharing with the group thus far. Would you by any chance know what are the current timelines like after the Oath ceremony is completed? By when does one recieve the citizenship certificate by mail and how long does it take for the passport processing? The context is that my oath ceremony is scheduled Jan 31st, I have to travel out of Canada in January and was hoping the ceremony would have been earlier.
Any information that I could get on the timelines would be helpful for me to plan ahead. Thank you.
you will get citizenship certificate 2-4 weeks. (as per invite email) but some people got it sooner.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The certificate delivery time is a wild card. Anywhere between 1 and 6 weeks. It depends on the officer, the office and where you are located.

If you have planned trips, you should let the clerk know after the ceremony and convince them to expedite your citizenship certificate.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
The certificate delivery time is a wild card. Anywhere between 1 and 6 weeks. It depends on the officer, the office and where you are located.

If you have planned trips, you should let the clerk know after the ceremony and convince them to expedite your citizenship certificate.
Thank you so much. Is there a chance I could request the ceremony to happen earlier than scheduled ? Not sure if this scenario is a common one.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thank you so much. Is there a chance I could request the ceremony to happen earlier than scheduled ? Not sure if this scenario is a common one.
One of my friends somehow managed to do this but it is extremely unlikely. I was actually surprised that IRCC agreed to prepone his ceremony because he had an upcoming trip in December.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
One of my friends somehow managed to do this but it is extremely unlikely. I was actually surprised that IRCC agreed to prepone his ceremony because he had an upcoming trip in December.
Thank you, It is very unlikely they would move the date but would you be able to find out if your friend wrote directly to IRCC, raised a web form, or emailed the MP to prepone the date. Knowing what route he took would be helpful. No harm in trying I guess. Only if you can find out and it's not too much of a botheration for you.

Last edited:

namwbysbd

May 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
17-08-2014
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
25-09-2014
Passport Req..
09-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2015
Hi All, I sent Passport Copies on 21th Sept. and I haven't received any reply. Is that a normal time for waiting? or there is a phone number, I should contact?

Regards