+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
For sure thats going to be there till the Passport is not received in hand
Couldnt agree more. There are going to be delays and frustrations at every stage. Some people waiting for test invite, but no traction. Some people are waiting for test completion. Some are awaiting DM. Some are awaiting Oath invites and i am sure some are awaiting the citizenship certificate and the passports. With so much happening - COVID, elections and Afghanistan to name a few variables, we should be expecting delays. More so since the backlog is huge and IRCC is trying to find ground with the new process.

Reactions: Gunners

SwanTanya

Jul 22, 2017
I’m in the boat of “no updates since April 23”. Not even BG, no requests, just silence. Seeing that people are receiving finger print request, or backgroud check completed, or test invites or completions, I’m glad to see they are working but I’m sad that my case got stuck.
It’s also scary that people are receiving oath invitations in 6 months in the future. I was so hopeful that I’d be able to participate in Working Holiday Visa program for Canadians younger than 30 years old… but I guess there’s no way they’ll finish processing my application by then :/
I’m so jealous for people who just got to be born here and got all of these benefits right away. Heh.

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
I’m in the boat of “no updates since April 23”. Not even BG, no requests, just silence. Seeing that people are receiving finger print request, or backgroud check completed, or test invites or completions, I’m glad to see they are working but I’m sad that my case got stuck.
It’s also scary that people are receiving oath invitations in 6 months in the future. I was so hopeful that I’d be able to participate in Working Holiday Visa program for Canadians younger than 30 years old… but I guess there’s no way they’ll finish processing my application by then :/
I’m so jealous for people who just got to be born here and got all of these benefits right away. Heh.
You can actually get working holiday visa everywhere (you have to be under 35) except England (In England you have to be under 30).

SwanTanya

Jul 22, 2017

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
What I’m saying is that half the countries from that list are under 30 years old and half are under 35. I wanted to go to two countries from that list before 30 (because it’s inclusive, so it’s pretty much under 31).
I wanted to do the same, but turning 30 soon :) Still pretty good choices.

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
On the positive side - Atleast you know the DM - Still people are stuck on test invite too
I agree, hopefully they speed up whole process, really frustrating

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
Hey everyone,

When does DM (Decision Made) status actually happen? e.g. when Language, Presence and Prohibitions appear as "Completed" or when the status on top of the page changes from "Your citizenship application status: In progress" to "Your citizenship application status: Decision Made"

or it will always be "In progress" till Oath Ceremony

JeanMeslier

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Spain
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2015
Doc's Request.
07-09-2016
Nomination.....
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
Passport Req..
15-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2017
my april 21st pr renewal was returned because of identification problem, i've send it back to them September 20th with my april 21 stamped application and the letter they sent, so my question am i going to have to wait all over?
I am afraid they only start processing an application when it is deemed complete. Good luck anyway!

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Hey everyone,

When does DM (Decision Made) status actually happen? e.g. when Language, Presence and Prohibitions appear as "Completed" or when the status on top of the page changes from "Your citizenship application status: In progress" to "Your citizenship application status: Decision Made"

or it will always be "In progress" till Oath Ceremony
Yes when all 3 are marked as completed

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
Some countries like Germany and the UK can be done up until age 35