+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
for me it took a day from In Progress to be "Completed", for some i've seen its over a month. So can't predict!!
Which office was yours? And did you get an email notification or just Checked your account for an update?

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Which office was yours? And did you get an email notification or just Checked your account for an update?
Scarborough Office. Nah I dont think you get any email notification for test status changing to "Completed". I check my account multiple times a day lol not because I am anxious (probably) but it became more like a habit lol

Reactions: Gunners

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
I have checked almost all pages of the 2020 application tracker. Seems like I am the only one who has'n got all 3 of the Checks after the exam at once. Only 2 out of 3. Feels like they forgot to check the box :)))

BTW thanks, rajkamalmohanram, for tracking everything

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I have checked almost all pages of the 2020 application tracker. Seems like I am the only one who has'n got all 3 of the Checks after the exam at once. Only 2 out of 3. Feels like they forgot to check the box :)))

BTW thanks, rajkamalmohanram, for tracking everything
This happens sometimes and it is usually the physical presence OR prohibitions that is pending. I hope you get your application approved soon.

Good luck!

Reactions: Elchinec

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
This happens sometimes and it is usually the physical presence OR prohibitions that is pending. I hope you get your application approved soon.

Good luck!
Well, that's reassuring. I trust your knowledge more than their response, which i am probably not getting.

Strange that nothing has been requested.

Also looks like citizenship ceremonies are being set for February now. Virtual ones. I wonder what they would have done if they were in person...

Rams1982

Sep 26, 2016
Hi All,

On, August 27th we got a communication from IRCC i.e. send Passport Color Copies or Travel Document of me and my wife...When i checked today(August 30th 2021) morning me and my wife application has been updated with 'Decision Made' my daughter application is still 'In progress status'

1. Usually, how long will it take to complete the Kids application change to 'Decision Made status', after parents application has been processed ?
2. Now, do I need to send Passport Color Copies of Me and my wife ?
3. After updated to 'Decision Made' status how long will it take to get 'Oath Date' my application is processing in 'Scarborough Processing Center' ?

Can anyone suggest me on above points? based on it I can change my travel plan, I have booked tickets for Sep 3rd 2021...

Thanks,
Rams...

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Well, that's reassuring. I trust your knowledge more than their response, which i am probably not getting.

Strange that nothing has been requested.

Also looks like citizenship ceremonies are being set for February now. Virtual ones. I wonder what they would have done if they were in person...
There were a couple of reports of people getting in-person ceremony requests. In the near future, the situation might change where they MIGHT conduct both in-person and video oath ceremonies to reduce the backlog but we'll have to wait until the official word comes out to be sure.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi All,

On, August 27th we got a communication from IRCC i.e. send Passport Color Copies or Travel Document of me and my wife...When i checked today(August 30th 2021) morning me and my wife application has been updated with 'Decision Made' my daughter application is still 'In progress status'

1. Usually, how long will it take to complete the Kids application change to 'Decision Made status', after parents application has been processed ?
2. Now, do I need to send Passport Color Copies of Me and my wife ?
3. After updated to 'Decision Made' status how long will it take to get 'Oath Date' my application is processing in 'Scarborough Processing Center' ?

Can anyone suggest me on above points? based on it I can change my travel plan, I have booked tickets for Sep 3rd 2021...

Thanks,
Rams...
Congrats. Based on the trends and other threads in 2020, oath ceremonies seem to be happening around Q1 2022 now. But again it is IRCC we are talking about and it is based upon your case. So expect Q1 2022 now and enjoy your travel. Hopefully you will have good news and confirmation once you are back or during your vacation.

I would send the docs that they requested, even if it is decision made. You don't lose anything. May be this might result in them closing your application and sending an Oath Ceremony date.

pras_tcs

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Hello,
Citizenship Test marked as 'Completed' in the Tracker on Aug 30, 2021. pls also add my details in the tracker.
What is the estimated wait time for the next step? Oath Ceremony

App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1250
Sent: Nov 17 2020
Received: Nov 19 2020
AOR
: Feb 11 2021
BG Check Completed
: Apr 09 2021
Test Invite :Aug 20, 2021
Test Completed : August 28, 2021 - Score(20/20)

In the Tracker
————————
Citizenship Test : Completed ( Aug 30, 2021)
Background: Completed
Language, Physical Presence & Prohibitions : In progress
Ceremony : Not started

Last edited:

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Is it better to keep all passport pages scanned and ready incase request comes through? Also are translations required for all exit/entry stamps within the 5 year period only ?

Reactions: siddharthbala