+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

JB0405

Star Member
Jun 19, 2012
Maybe IRCC is questioning his residency requirements for citizenship. Definitely not unusual if that’s the case
Meaning he was physically present in Canada for more than 1095 days? But won't his passport stamps be enough? I know he moved quite a few times and worked for 3 different employers. It will be a hassle to provide all these documents in such a short time (I guess 30 days is all they gave him).

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Is there a webform to contact them about the citizenship app? The one on the website is for PR and visas only.
Just click "tell us more" and click "no" and it will lead to your category.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp
A friend of mine, a late 2019 applicant, was asked to attend an interview and also submit the below documents during his eligibility period (2014 - 2019):
  1. Color copies of all passport pages.
  2. Eduction Records (Transcripts / Degree Certificate)
  3. Letter of Employment or Paystubs
  4. Provincial personal health claim summary
  5. Rental Agreement / Mortage document.
Is this normal? This is the first time I am hearing of someone being asked for all these documents which I feel is not relevant for Citizenship. I know they ask for passport copies to verify physical presence but not sure why the other documents are required. He completed his test in April this year and was waiting for his oath.
Yes this was the exact template they were asking last year after the pandemic started but from this year beginning or so they started to ask only for passport pages. So possibly some officers still stick the original template.
You are hearing it first time because you are not browsing the forums like us;)

Reactions: Elchinec and JB0405

citcan

Aug 28, 2021
Vancouver
It is very unusual to have ceremony updated to "In Progress" and have no oath date. Generally, Ceremony to "In Progress" and from "In Progress" to "Scheduled" is done at the same time!
That's what I thought, especially with Language still showing In Progress when it isn't required. I called the IRCC and the agent checked and said that I definitely didn't need the language requirement and that I will be contacted about the oath date, but he had no idea how long that might be!

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Could somebody add my details to spreadsheet please?

Type: Citizenship Grant - Paper Application (Mailed)
App type: Single
Physical Presence: 1818
Sent: Nov 14 2020
Received: Nov 19 2020

AOR
: Feb 11 2021
Processing started: Mar 30 2021
BG Check Completed
: Apr 19 2021
Test: Not required 55+ (shows not started on tracker)
Language: Not required 55+ (although it shows Still in Progress on tracker, called IRCC and confirmed not required)
Physical Presence & Prohibitions Completed: Aug 04 2021
Ceremony "In Progress": Jul 30 2021

Hoping the oath ceremony doesn't take too long :)
Let me know if there is any other info needed.
Ceremony updated to in progress before physical presence and prohibitions completed? I thought ceremony starts after DM

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Ceremony updated to in progress before physical presence and prohibitions completed? I thought ceremony starts after DM
seems both are completed and DM as well, before oath in-progress.
Yes, it seemed odd to me as well. I checked ECAS and it shows decision made, but they don't show the date of decision in that system.
They dont specify a line with the date for DM. Only the status gets changed in old ecas.

kashifaziz

Star Member
Jan 20, 2015
A quick question to any filipino applicants out there - My wife is from philippines - she came to canada through the spouse sponsorship process and never gave ielts - she never gave ielts. She is eligible for Citizenship next year - does she need ielts? Even if her entire education back home was in english?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
My tracker is showing "Test Completed" :D
I've updated the spreadsheet.

A quick question to any filipino applicants out there - My wife is from philippines - she came to canada through the spouse sponsorship process and never gave ielts - she never gave ielts. She is eligible for Citizenship next year - does she need ielts? Even if her entire education back home was in english?
No, IELTS TRF is just one of the documents that can be used as proof of language ability. There are other documents she can use too. If she has completed her education in English, she can submit her diploma / degree and transcripts as proof of language AFAIK.

Check this =>

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=571&top=5

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
I see on the new tracker something "Updated" today but I don't see any updates. ECAS is also still "In Process"!
I sent photocopy of my passports on last Saturday and the Canada Post tracker shows "In Transit"!
Any one have any idea??!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I see on the new tracker something "Updated" today but I don't see any updates. ECAS is also still "In Process"!
I sent photocopy of my passports on last Saturday and the Canada Post tracker shows "In Transit"!
Any one have any idea??!!
Ghost update!! You might see a "real" update in a few days! Good luck!

Reactions: sk000