+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
It's been almost a week that my prohibitions and language have been complete, but the physical presence is in progress. Ecas also shows In progress.
Is there a webform to contact them about the citizenship app? The one on the website is for PR and visas only.

I don't understand why the physical presence takes so long, they have my physical presence calculator form signed with all details of my travel in the past 5 years
Guess they are trying to verify if the information you've provided in the physical presence calculator is true. Did you have a large number of trips outside the country during your eligibility period?

masood09

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2017
Nomination.....
06-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-02-2017
File Transfer...
27-07-2016
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
31-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2017
LANDED..........
19-09-2017
Got my test invite email few minutes back.

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Guess they are trying to verify if the information you've provided in the physical presence calculator is true. Did you have a large number of trips outside the country during your eligibility period?
Yes, i left right after landing for a year and then had like 12 trips during my 3 year permanent presence in Canada. Mostly short trips for 2-3 days, longest was a 2 week trip back home.

Rams1982

Sep 26, 2016
Hi All,

Me and my wife have passed Citizenship Test Exam on 28th July 2020 (Got request on July 7th and given period is July 2021 9th - 29th)).
Now we got an emergency to travel India but we are not sure when will we get Oath Date...

Current status of my application is completed (Citizenship Test and Background Verification)
In-Progress(Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions)
Not started (Citizenship ceremony)

Can anyone please suggest us what would be right step and can we go to India for 2months?

Thanks & Regards,
Rams..

Elchinec

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Hi All,

Me and my wife have passed Citizenship Test Exam on 28th July 2020 (Got request on July 7th and given period is July 2021 9th - 29th)).
Now we got an emergency to travel India but we are not sure when will we get Oath Date...

Current status of my application is completed (Citizenship Test and Background Verification)
In-Progress(Language skills, Physical presence and Prohibitions)
Not started (Citizenship ceremony)

Can anyone please suggest us what would be right step and can we go to India for 2months?

Thanks & Regards,
Rams..
The average time between the exam and the ceremony invitation is 2-3 months. Pretty close, plan accordingly.

ash137

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The average time between the exam and the ceremony invitation is 2-3 months. Pretty close, plan accordingly.
Based on the trends in the tracker sheet, folks are getting oath dates in Dec now. I think there will be easily a 5-6 month lag between the test and the oath.

Reactions: Hapique

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
It's been almost a week that my prohibitions and language have been complete, but the physical presence is in progress. Ecas also shows In progress.
Is there a webform to contact them about the citizenship app? The one on the website is for PR and visas only.

I don't understand why the physical presence takes so long, they have my physical presence calculator form signed with all details of my travel in the past 5 years
I don't think you are delayed, if you did apply in November then at least you are ahead of others. Also, the travel can be verified with border officers. I presume they do. Regardless, we cannot assume what their process is. Maybe there is a different process fo travel so just be patient i would say.

Reactions: Elchinec and sk000

egerman41

May 13, 2016
Hi all,

My citizenship test was updated to Completed on August 18th, one day after taking the test. Now citizenship test and background verification are "Completed" and language skills/physical presence/prohibitions are "In progress."

Still curious if there's any insight on the other question I posed in my original post: Due to everything moving online, is there no longer a required interview? Do I now just wait for a decision to be made/oath letter to be sent? From what I'm seeing here, that's likely to be anywhere from 2-5 months?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Hi all,

My citizenship test was updated to Completed on August 18th, one day after taking the test. Now citizenship test and background verification are "Completed" and language skills/physical presence/prohibitions are "In progress."

Still curious if there's any insight on the other question I posed in my original post: Due to everything moving online, is there no longer a required interview? Do I now just wait for a decision to be made/oath letter to be sent? From what I'm seeing here, that's likely to be anywhere from 2-5 months?
Next steps is for all the in progress items to be completed - which is decision made and then you will receive an "Oath Ceremony" status update followed by an email with an Oath Ceremony Date. This based on what we are currently seeing is around 3 to 5 months away from the test.

Reactions: egerman41

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Next steps is for all the in progress items to be completed - which is decision made and then you will receive an "Oath Ceremony" status update followed by an email with an Oath Ceremony Date. This based on what we are currently seeing is around 3 to 5 months away from the test.
its so funny after announcing the snap election, some people in the Facebook forum urging to make the process faster so that they can vote on this election.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi all,

I've updated the spreadsheet.