+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
How long does it usually takes from the test till Oath? Is it possible to switch the provinces after test? Is Oath still online?
Oath is online. You can move provinces yes but sometimes, that might trigger a file transfer.

Read about address change and file transfers here =>

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/sending-applications-changes-address.html

To avoid disappointment, assume it'll take 3 - 5 months to receive an oath notification on the dashboard.

Good luck!

Cobie212

Mar 20, 2021
Update:

I received the official test invite email on July 26 and took the test today August 14. Passed with 20/20, I lucked out and got the easiest questions from their database, very basic and absolutely no history questions or anything requiring deduction from the info in the booklet.
Citizenship test status was updated to Completed yesterday Aug 16 on the online tracker.

STalph

Aug 15, 2017
Oath is online. You can move provinces yes but sometimes, that might trigger a file transfer.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/general-file-processing/sending-applications-changes-address.html

To avoid disappointment, assume it'll take 3 - 5 months to receive an oath notification on the dashboard.

Good luck!
Thank you! My wife's pr expiring in March 2022. I hope she will be able to get the oath before that date

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Prohibitions and languages skills have been set to Complete today. Physical presence is still in progress.
So essentially I have my background check completed and citizenship test completed but all others are still in progress. How is that possible? Does that means they are still checking English test validity, number of days and other stuff? Why are this still in progress and still got the citizenship test invite?

STalph

Aug 15, 2017

Good luck!
One more question please. We have urgent reasons to fly. How long do you think they can finalize the process if we apply online.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016
So essentially I have my background check completed and citizenship test completed but all others are still in progress. How is that possible? Does that means they are still checking English test validity, number of days and other stuff? Why are this still in progress and still got the citizenship test invite?
That’s the normal course of an application… they would usually update Physical, Language and Prohibitions all at once when is your “turn” essentially.. don’t worry

Reactions: abbsha

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions will usually only be set to "Completed" when they make a decision on your application. This is nothing out-of-the-ordinary.

lezah07

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Thank you! My wife's pr expiring in March 2022. I hope she will be able to get the oath before that date
hi, does it matter if the PR card is expired? my whole family's PR card is expired. I did not renew it because we don't plan on going anywhere anyway and citizenship is already on file.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Language, Physical Presence and Prohibitions will usually only be set to "Completed" when they make a decision on your application. This is nothing out-of-the-ordinary.
I think pre pandemic and post pandemic processes are different from that perspective, In the pre pandemic, the test used to be the last stage before oath ceremony. In the post pandemic, all the individual steps appear to be different threads (logical they need not be sequential IMO). Maybe all the steps are completed prior but, the final update is done when the decision is ready...or as novascotia27 plainly put it....."is your turn"

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I think pre pandemic and post pandemic processes are different from that perspective, In the pre pandemic, the test used to be the last stage before oath ceremony. In the post pandemic, all the individual steps appear to be different threads (logical they need not be sequential IMO). Maybe all the steps are completed prior but, the final update is done when the decision is ready...or as novascotia27 plainly put it....."is your turn"
Probably, yeah. I have notes due for end of August. I'll let you guys know what it looks like.

Reactions: sknk89

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Its actually weird that they set "Prohibitions" to completed before Physical presence.

Please post an update when you see Physical presence set to "Completed" on the dashboard.

Good luck!
There is a section i could see in gcms called "Eligibility Prohibition" with status completed. Wont they be using this to set prohibitions complete?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
There is a section i could see in gcms called "Eligibility Prohibition" with status completed. Wont they be using this to set prohibitions complete?
No, eligibility prohibitions isn't the same as prohibitions. Eligibility prohibitions almost always carries the same date as AOR. This is something that is done at the time of AOR, apparently.

• Wow
Reactions: harirajmohan

abbsha

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Thanks Raj. Appreciate your reply. But still unclear - what is remaining for them to make a decision when they would have already reviewed and validated my english test results, my number days and prohibitions?