+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
most of us check into the new tracker "multiple" times a day even though we know that there's no update. :oops:
Yes I did too, but I feel that while it was reasonable to do it before the test invite, now.. it will be a while before the next step hehe so kind of useless.

Reactions: sk000

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Yes I did too, but I feel that while it was reasonable to do it before the test invite, now.. it will be a while before the next step hehe so kind of useless.
I was just being sarcastic!! that's all!! There's a thread on September 2020 where @rajkamalmohanram mentioned that he maintained a schedule, again he was being sarcastic, to check the status once in every couple of hours!!

Jokes aside, at this moment I would say you can wait for any email notification or probably check the tracker once in a week probably. I go through the 2020 spreadsheet once a day/week by looking into the September/October month applicants progress and try to guess November timelines. There's nothing we can do except waiting. November applicants should be happy at least cause some of us already sat for the exam and it's updated to completed already. I've seen some june/july or even earlier applicants are still receiving their citizenship exam date.

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I was just being sarcastic!! that's all!! There's a thread on September 2020 where @rajkamalmohanram mentioned that he maintained a schedule, again he was being sarcastic, to check the status once in every couple of hours!!

Jokes aside, at this moment I would say you can wait for any email notification or probably check the tracker once in a week probably. I go through the 2020 spreadsheet once a day/week by looking into the September/October month applicants progress and try to guess November timelines. There's nothing we can do except waiting. November applicants should be happy at least cause some of us already sat for the exam and it's updated to completed already. I've seen some june/july or even earlier applicants are still receiving their citizenship exam date.
I agree with but it is especially hard with the kind of OCD people (myself included) have. I can't concentrate if I don't check the tracker. Though my comment in the September 2020 spreadsheet was intended as sarcasm, it isn't very far from the truth. I do check my status dashboard and ECAS multiple times a day. This is a bad habit and I know it but hey, it is kind of hard to get rid of it.

As for the spreadsheet itself, I update it multiple times a day so I have to watch it everyday.

I sincerely hope everyone waiting here see some progress on their applications soon.

All the very best!

Last edited:

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Test passed - Aug 3, 2021
Test status marked as Complete - Aug 5, 2021

Please update the sheet ....

Also noticed that the portal updates around 6 AM ET at least daily ..
I've updated the spreadsheet.

Yes, I've identified two batch windows. One is around 6 AM and the other around 11 AM. My Citizenship Test update was updated around 11 AM EST.

Last edited:
Reactions: novascotia27

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hey Everyone,

I have applied for Citizenship in Nov 2020(application received by IRCC on 30th Nov) but haven't received AOR yet nor my application was sent back to say that something is wrong with the application, I checked ECAS but nothing there. Will contacting IRCC help or should I wait?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey Everyone,

I have applied for Citizenship in Nov 2020(application received by IRCC on 30th Nov) but haven't received AOR yet nor my application was sent back to say that something is wrong with the application, I checked ECAS but nothing there. Will contacting IRCC help or should I wait?
9 months have passed without AOR. You have waited long enough.

Call them and ask WTH is going on with your application.

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Last update april 23, bg and all still in progress, except test and ceremony, anyone in similar situation , the great 23 April,
Well my background completed on April 12th but got the mass new tracker update on April 23 but thankfully already sat for the exam.
I hope you get your turn soon

Reactions: Linear M

ASM92

Oct 5, 2017
Last update april 23, bg and all still in progress, except test and ceremony, anyone in similar situation , the great 23 April,
Same situation ... all in progress except test and ceremony (not started). Also, got a Fingerprint request on July 30th.
What is your location/processing office?
Mine is Scarborough.

rusticdud

Sep 2, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
08-12-2016
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-12-2017
@admin please change my location to Kitchener. I realize there is no IRCC office in Waterloo. Is there a way to know to which IRCC office our application went to without raising gcms.

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
@admin please change my location to Kitchener. I realize there is no IRCC office in Waterloo. Is there a way to know to which IRCC office our application went to without raising gcms.
There’s Kitchener office serving Kitchener Waterloo and I believe Guelph.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Updated.

Once you receive a test invitation, you can probably infer the office by the email ID from which the test invite was sent.

Otherwise, you can call IRCC and ask them which local office is processing your application.

You'll also find this information in the GCMS notes.