+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I was just discussing the Citizenship Application Form with a friend and just realized I only sent the biographical pages of my passport. I did not include the visas stamped pages on the passport. I travelled twice outside of canada for a total of 2 weeks. Once to my home country and the second time to the country I used to reside in before I became a PR. Will that effect my application or will it be returned? My status shows my background check is complete but everything else is pending.
It's not a mandatory requirement but it's good if you could include those pages. However an application can not be returned just because of that but later they might ask you to send all passport pages.
It is a mandatory requirement now since somewhere around June 16th, 2021. It wasn't a mandatory requirement before that so you should be fine.

Reactions: siddharthbala

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi an update!

Signed into status tracker a few minutes ago and it has been updated as of July 29th 2021. I am scheduled to take the citizenship test online between Aug 4 and Aug 25, 2021. And Citizenship test has been updated to In Process!

Now I am both nervous and excited! I only just started reading the discover Canada book and am in a weekly class that helps you study for the citizenship exam provided for free by the immigrant center here in Winnipeg. Feel not prepared. But going to get into it now! Any advice or tips will be appreciated! Thanks!
Finally, after that mishap with the Academic IELTS. Congrats!

Discover Canada is the main resource. Read the entire book at least once.

In addition to that, prepare using the following:

Notes from Discover Canada and Sample tests.

engage

Star Member
Apr 5, 2017
Hi everyone hope everyone is doing gud! Is anyone have citizenship test book?

After reading the Discover Canada book at least three to four times, I would suggest to do some online practice tests as well. I was overprepared for the test, but it helped me a lot. Its very helpful to know about historical aspects of the new country.

Reactions: Maya88

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Didnt you see the message like below in your tracker before the test date? OP was talking about any notification/indication about the test before the test date. Of course get see a messeage on when the test is scheduled as well as you see the same update in the history and "Citizenship Test"'s section status will be changed to "In Progress".
Jun 18, 2021 Scheduled for citizenship test
You've been scheduled to take citizenship test online between June 18, 2021 and July 8, 2021. Information and instructions will be sent to
Jun 14, 2021 Citizenship test activity status updated
Citizenship test status has been updated to In progress
you.

Yes you would see like above, before the test. Also you would see that the dashboard's updated date to recent due to this kind of test related update.
Yes, this I did have on my tracker :)

Reactions: harirajmohan

Maya88

Star Member
Dec 30, 2020
After reading the Discover Canada book at least three to four times, I would suggest to do some online practice tests as well. I was overprepared for the test, but it helped me a lot. Its very helpful to know about historical aspects of the new country.
Yes i was asked where and what year the first elected assembly, and who the fathers of confederation were and others , can't remember. I think mine sounds like it was harder than others. There was one question that asked what is the name of the party with the most seats, leading party or premiere party. I put leading but should have put premiere. I think that's the question I got wrong. I know the leader of a province is called the premiere so maybe the question meant within a province and I missed it. But even if within federal , the word prime in prime minister implies premiere . I got some questions about the canadian charter , about the name of police in the northern territories . Canadian inventions, the national summer and winter sports etc. Ill update when I remember more