+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

samtoryyy

Oct 2, 2019
I’m still waiting for “In process” should I worry?

Here’s my timeline:
Application sent: Nov 16 2020
Application received: Nov 18 2020
AOR: February 10 2021

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
That's depressing.
Eeh, I wouldn't say a year is a fair assessment either because it's based on the assumption that the current testing regime (5,000 slots in total at any one time) will continue to hold for over 12 calendar months to be possible, which I highly doubt will be the case - nobody can be sure of either assumption to peg a timeline to it at this point without any direct clarity from the org itself.

They can do one of three things:

a) Cancel the online testing completely after the pilot phase (Unlikely and the worst-case scenario, given that in-person testing still hasn't had a plan to its name since COVID began) - puts us back into limbo again until they get their ducks in a row.
b) Transition the online testing program out of the pilot phase and full-scale deployment (after a brief period of no-testing whatsoever to examine the stats, tweak the actual test experience itself before deployment begins - the only telltale sign of this option would be a mysterious drop of invites as they wrap up pilot phase testing to prep for deployment)
c) Deploy online testing en masse and simultaneously move the remainder of 'pilot testing' into a closed circuit - this is the best-case scenario because it means the ball gets rolling much faster.

Personally, I find the current online testing mechanism as it stands to be sub-optimal by way of design, given its slot-based nature. Right now, for example, a testing invite shows up out of the blue and the applicant is given 20-something days to answer it, basically soft-locking a slot for testing for nearly a month. As per our understanding of the system only 5,000 concurrent people can be tested at any given time if the info from other threads from the IRCC is to be believed.

This means the bigger burden is on the applicant at this point to be ready to sit for the exam as soon as possible and have that test response recorded (which was something I knew was going to be a problem from Day 1 because of the tech issues involved, (seeing as the exam has no direct proctor to help troubleshoot for manpower reasons), in order to effectively free the slot for a new applicant to take a test on the system.

Realistically, they should be shortening that time window, issuing advance notice of availability in a current slot and the ability to defer to another slot if not prepared. There seems to be little/no 'queueing' logic in this system to make the most efficient use of existing slots, on top of which the slots are soft-locked for far too long to put a dent in the backlog. I also don't envy them, because trying to make this little system do its job is the equivalent of trying to channel the Atlantic Ocean into a bathtub at this point. :p

pg15

Dec 1, 2020
Eeh, I wouldn't say a year is a fair assessment either because it's based on the assumption that the current testing regime (5,000 slots in total at any one time) will continue to hold for over 12 calendar months to be possible, which I highly doubt will be the case - nobody can be sure of either assumption to peg a timeline to it at this point without any direct clarity from the org itself.

They can do one of three things:

a) Cancel the online testing completely after the pilot phase (Unlikely and the worst-case scenario, given that in-person testing still hasn't had a plan to its name since COVID began) - puts us back into limbo again until they get their ducks in a row.
b) Transition the online testing program out of the pilot phase and full-scale deployment (after a brief period of no-testing whatsoever to examine the stats, tweak the actual test experience itself before deployment begins - the only telltale sign of this option would be a mysterious drop of invites as they wrap up pilot phase testing to prep for deployment)
c) Deploy online testing en masse and simultaneously move the remainder of 'pilot testing' into a closed circuit - this is the best-case scenario because it means the ball gets rolling much faster.

Personally, I find the current online testing mechanism as it stands to be sub-optimal by way of design, given its slot-based nature. Right now, for example, a testing invite shows up out of the blue and the applicant is given 20-something days to answer it, basically soft-locking a slot for testing for nearly a month. As per our understanding of the system only 5,000 concurrent people can be tested at any given time if the info from other threads from the IRCC is to be believed.

This means the bigger burden is on the applicant at this point to be ready to sit for the exam as soon as possible and have that test response recorded (which was something I knew was going to be a problem from Day 1 because of the tech issues involved, (seeing as the exam has no direct proctor to help troubleshoot for manpower reasons), in order to effectively free the slot for a new applicant to take a test on the system.

Realistically, they should be shortening that time window, issuing advance notice of availability in a current slot and the ability to defer to another slot if not prepared. There seems to be little/no 'queueing' logic in this system to make the most efficient use of existing slots, on top of which the slots are soft-locked for far too long to put a dent in the backlog. I also don't envy them, because trying to make this little system do its job is the equivalent of trying to channel the Atlantic Ocean into a bathtub at this point. :p
No body can predict anything. Everything is an assumption.
As per latest update from CIC "Finalizing most applications received between March 31 and April 6, 2019".
So, if they double the current processing speeds, Nov 2020 applications will start getting test invites in 10 months or so...
Just to keep anxiety and waiting times realistic.

Reactions: Coco7 and BuzzBuzz

smitsmart

Star Member
May 23, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Med's Done....
30-06-2017
LANDED..........
21-10-2017
Hey. Changed status to In Process on Ecas on 29th March 2021. Can you update the spreadsheet. My username is 'sdesai'

Reactions: Carla2016

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Approximately what AOR date now got the "In Process" status?

Kaymin

Oct 11, 2020
Hello. I'm a newbie to this forum, and this is my first post. :)

Here's my timeline and details:

Application type: Single
Physical presence days: 1150
Application Received: 9 November 2020
AOR: 3 February 2021
In Process: 17 March 2021
Fingerprint Request: 18 March 2021
Fingerprint Done: 22 March 2021

My fingerprints were requested by CPC Sydney. Does this mean that my application is still not handed to my local IRCC office? I thought that when the status changes to In Process, it's handed over to the IRCC closest to where I am based. Thanks.
How did they request the FP is it by Email?

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Today my application changed to In Process.
Application received November 30
AOR February 25
In Process March 30.
Hoping the best soon for me and everyone.

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
No body can predict anything. Everything is an assumption.
As per latest update from CIC "Finalizing most applications received between March 31 and April 6, 2019".
So, if they double the current processing speeds, Nov 2020 applications will start getting test invites in 10 months or so...
Just to keep anxiety and waiting times realistic.
Agree. And sometimes that brings the tracking into a different perspective. While you can get an overall picture of the timelines, processing speed - it is all case specific and once you kind of get an exception category (see other apps moving faster), it definitely increases the anxiety.

Reactions: Carla2016

canjpnphl

Mar 24, 2021
How did they request the FP is it by Email?
Yes, thru e-mail. Not everyone gets an FP request, though. I believe it's random.

On a side note, I got my FP request only a day after my application status changed to In Process. I hope it's a sign of things to come. LOL

candinavian

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
09-11-2020
Passport Req..
29-09-2021
LANDED..........
07-2013
Application received: Nov 9 2020
AOR: February 9 2021
In Process: 17 March 2021

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
Another week came and gone....and it is still in received status....Looks like the waiting game to get to the waiting game continues.....

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Out of curiosity, when a FP request triggered? Is it while the application in Sydney office or during the application in the local processing center?