Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
This is what I’m talking about, making this type of list is a little too much, is like you are saying “look they stopped reporting their data, shame on them!” (When the truth is that you are just speculating).I don’t think is good and it almost makes me hesitant to keep reporting my data.
That's you putting words in my mouth, to be perfectly honest. Not once have I ever said anything that came remotely close to that statement. You're also free to not report your updates too. Or you could mention it on the forums but not desire to be on the tracker if you do not feel like you're going to be prioritizing checking your status via eCAS often enough/active on these forums often enough to warrant inclusion. I believe that if you ask to be included on the tracker, there's an unsaid (but still valid) expectation that you contribute to keeping the data you have fresh with whatever info you have available or at the very least be active on the forums.

I only care about the data on that sheet (which you pointed to in your original post to say that there's proof that others didn't get it either, which is actually why I demonstrated through the data to indicate the real problem, which was that the 35% odd unaccounted for as still pending were likely not necessarily still pending, but rather just old, not updated data and that if followed up with those users, it would reflect cleaner, truer numbers which would likely show the number of In process updates being closer to 80 - 85%, if not more. If folks did clean up those sheets, it'd be a lot easier to immediately see patterns based on CPC's processing applications to sense where real slowdowns are happening. I posted about this earlier with regards to users from Montreal. As @softwaretesting said - if the data on those sheets is as sound as possible, it can show patterns that make personal estimations valid for everyone, even if the sample size is statistically small. It will also pay dividends when testing invites are rolled out to non-urgent 2020 applicants within our time range because we'll be able to see it on the sheets and project outwards if everyone helps to keep the data clean.

I get it - nobody really lives on these forums. I'm active now because I have a vested interest - a live application is in process and I have another yet-to-be-submitted outland spousal application that I need to track the progress of. However, I make no bounds about the fact that once my needs are done, chances are slim that I'll be back here often, if at all until my spouse needs to do her Citizenship paperwork when the time comes. I'd wager a lot of folks here are the same, even if they won't openly cop to it. It's the nature of forums like this that people dip when they're at the end of the journey that they needed access to the resource and help this forum provides has come to an end. It's also what (to me at least) makes some threads here rather amusing because I'm pretty sure they'll quietly disappear once they've gotten theirs.

In any case, that's all I have to say about it - you do you, I'll still try to get updates to keep the November sheet clean so we can get good data and help other users the best I can. I think this forum is filled with enough 'feels before reals' posts to add to the junk pile. :)

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hello thread members,

Happy to inform that my application status has been updated to In processing! Took 05 weeks and 02 days from AOR.

When can we expect call for online citizenship test now? Another 03-04 months perhaps or longer?
Congrats and to your question - we can't say for sure. There are rumours that the online testing program might be rolled out en masse around June, but they're just that - rumours. The only way to know for sure is once non-urgent applications from March and beyond begin getting testing invites, at which point it'll be easier to predict as soon as we get a sense of scale and rate of invites.

Reactions: BuzzBuzz

halayqa

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Couldn't find much applicants from Niagara region to predict processing time, it seems its going slowly there.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Couldn't find much applicants from Niagara region to predict processing time, it seems its going slowly there.
Where do Niagara applicants get processed anyway? Kitchener or the GTA Processing centres?

Oct92014

Apr 19, 2016
Got finger printing request for me last week but for my spouse we are still waiting. Is it normal? Is every applicant get finger printing request?
I think family application should get finger print request together. Please share your thoughts.

Last edited:

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Got finger printing request for me last week but for my spouse we are still waiting. Is it normal? Is every applicant get finger printing request?
I think family application should get finger print request together. Please share your thoughts.
Fp request is specific to individual . Not family.

Reactions: Oct92014

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
That's you putting words in my mouth, to be perfectly honest.
Actions speak louder that words... anyway I just feel this over eagerness for data is not something good for the waiting game and specially stressful for the people you are hounding for updates. If you feel like chasing others for their info is the right way to go, you do you.

Last edited:
Reactions: siddharthbala

Cobie212

Mar 20, 2021
My ecas status changed to In Process yesterday. Here's my updated timeline:

Location (city): Montreal
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1283
App sent date: 19 Nov 2020
App delivered date: 24 Nov 2020
AOR date: 16 Feb 2021
In Process: 24 March 2021