+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Now that the Queen is dead, there are many things that need to be legally changed - oath text, oath forms, certificates, passports and who knows what else behind the scenes.

Unfortunately expecting more confusion and delays around this now, as if the current delays weren't enough.

Here's some recent confusion that happened at the last oath ceremony - https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/thats-wild-new-canadians-swear-citizenship-oath-to-king-charles-iii

The oath form that one signs and emails needs to be changed as well. The one that's received with the rest of the oath email stuff.
Even after oath they'll need to switch to new citizenship certificate and passport copies before issuing them.

Staying optimistic but going by their/IRCC's past record, which is poor I'm not expecting these changes to go smoothly. Gladly waiting to be proven wrong.
Thanks for this! I’m waiting for oath date. Usually they say it takes a month till they send you an email with the scheduled oath date from the time that everything gets updated on tracker. I’m an august 2020 applicant and now with this new change I’m getting more worried as to what will happen. If you look from an eagles point of view, it’s all printing changes which shouldn’t be a big issue but then again we don’t know how IRCC will work this time around.

canadaloves

Jan 3, 2022
Correct, I94 records are not and never were available for US citizens (not just "at this time"). (Nice to see another American here btw)
Thanks!! My application was updated to Physical Presence - Complete. Does that mean that the physical presence was deemed adequate? I'm sure of my dates and know that I met the requirements but it just makes me nervous since I didn't have the I94 records.

I looked at your timeline and saw you have your oath scheduled soon, Congratulations!!!!!

citizentest21

Nov 30, 2021
Hello all, please update here if you have received your oath letter after queens death. We would like to know if there are any delays or it’s still going on as normal. Anything after Sep 12. Thanks

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks!! My application was updated to Physical Presence - Complete. Does that mean that the physical presence was deemed adequate? I'm sure of my dates and know that I met the requirements but it just makes me nervous since I didn't have the I94 records.

I looked at your timeline and saw you have your oath scheduled soon, Congratulations!!!!!
Yes, they have verified that you meet the 1095 day requirement so you don't have to worry about it anymore.

Thanks! You should get your oath scheduled soon too.

tanzil_007.

Jun 21, 2021
Hello everyone,
In my application status portal, I see that I am scheduled for an Oath ceremony on September 19th, 2022 (also indicates it's "waiting on you'). It is 13th September today and I have not received any emails. Any suggestion what I should be doing? I have checked my email folders (Spam, trash, promotion) but I couldn't find anything. Any suggestion/insights would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions: veroch

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hello everyone,
In my application status portal, I see that I am scheduled for an Oath ceremony on September 19th, 2022 (also indicates it's "waiting on you'). It is 13th September today and I have not received any emails. Any suggestion what I should be doing? I have checked my email folders (Spam, trash, promotion) but I couldn't find anything. Any suggestion/insights would be greatly appreciated.
What does it say they are waiting on you for? And have you sent them what they wanted?
My spouse has the same - oath invite, but also says waiting on you for response - already sent the passport copies they asked for after which they marked everything complete (apart from the waiting on you for response banner at the top). I think it's the usual IRCC bs of system issues or un-trained people not knowing how to use the system. Luck runs the IRCC more than a defined transparent process is what it really is.

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Went through my oath ceremony yesterday. From the 2.5 hrs allocated to it, you spend about ~2 hrs just waiting or listening to people who don't know how to mute their mic :)
Several bouts of "Can you hear me? I can't or yes I can" or listening to their household gossip or kids crying in background. It was pretty funny at times actually, but you can't really do much apart from keeping a smile on and just get on with it.

The judge eventually force muted a few people, so their oath recitation plus noise could only be heard by them and no one else.

Well as they say all's well that ends well. Now the next phase of waiting for the citizenship certificate begins - not out of the woods yet by any means :)

Reactions: nick5139

nick5139

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Went through my oath ceremony yesterday. From the 2.5 hrs allocated to it, you spend about ~2 hrs just waiting or listening to people who don't know how to mute their mic :)
Several bouts of "Can you hear me? I can't or yes I can" or listening to their household gossip or kids crying in background. It was pretty funny at times actually, but you can't really do much apart from keeping a smile on and just get on with it.

The judge eventually force muted a few people, so their oath recitation plus noise could only be heard by them and no one else.

Well as they say all's well that ends well. Now the next phase of waiting for the citizenship certificate begins - not out of the woods yet by any means :)
Kudos! you're out of the worse part of it though :D Woods aint gon be dense no more :D

AjayBejavada

May 12, 2016
Received an update today (finally):

Office: Edmonton (Family of 3)
AOR: Feb 18, 2021
Background Completed: April 23, 2021
Test Invite: Jan 18, 2022
Test Marked as Completed: Feb 01, 2022
Background Changed to In Progress (from Completed): July 06, 2022
Fingerprints Requested: July 20, 2022 (from Vancouver CIC)
Just for myself, my wife didn’t get FP request
Fingerprints Submitted: July 20, 2022
Fingerprint Results Received: Aug 14, 2022
Background Completed: Aug 15, 2022
Language Skills Completed: Aug 15, 2022
Physical Presence Completed: Aug 15, 2022
Prohibitions Completed: Aug 15, 2022
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started
My oath has been scheduled for October 18th!!

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
What does it say they are waiting on you for? And have you sent them what they wanted?
My spouse has the same - oath invite, but also says waiting on you for response - already sent the passport copies they asked for after which they marked everything complete (apart from the waiting on you for response banner at the top). I think it's the usual IRCC bs of system issues or un-trained people not knowing how to use the system. Luck runs the IRCC more than a defined transparent process is what it really is.
Waiting on you is common once your oath ceremony is inprogress. It will get completed after oath ceremony. Usually within week before your oath you will get instructions. No need to panic. You might have got email by now

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Hello everyone,
Waiting on you is common once your oath ceremony is inprogress. It will get completed after oath ceremony. Usually within week before your oath you will get instructions. No need to panic. You might have got email by now

Reactions: Ann_7

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
I think the OP was referring to `waiting on you` for something else other than oath. So what the OP and my spouse see is 2 `waiting on you`s. One to complete the oath and the other for something else which in our case was passport copies which were duly supplied but the `waiting on you` for that didn't go away in-spite of app being marked DM after the docs were given.

rampantbull

Jan 8, 2021
So after almost a year, I finally see some movement on the online tool. I did my test in Nov 2021, and now Language Skills and Physical Presence have been marked "Completed".

However "Background Verification" has ben moved from "Completed" back to "In Progress". Does this mean I will have to provide fingerprints again since it's been over a year for the last ones?

This whole process is a mess when I'm seeing online applications getting processed within a year.

Reactions: Linear M

AjayBejavada

May 12, 2016
How long from when everything was completed in your portal did you receive the invitation for oath ceremony?
It took about one month from all stages completed to Ceremony in progress (you could refer to my previous message).

No email yet, I assume it would take a bit after the update in tracker.

Reactions: Lumzy055