+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
@rajkamalmohanram I need your help. Can you please let me know what kind of update we can see when our file is picked up for urgent processing?? My friend Nov 2020 applicant. Gave test in Dec 2021. Everything was completed except oath ceremony on 19 feb 2022 and nothing after until there is ghost update on aug 17th 2022. Was expecting oathdate in 48hrs but so far no other changes. Called agents twice they said no update but today agent told his email has been added for urgent processing thats why there might be update on aug 17th. Can you please let me how we can knw urgent processing??can we see know tracker. He requested UP two months back.

Sisimaru1016

Nov 27, 2021
I was just wondering what causes the difference in the time between test completed and decision made? Some cases are really fast, 1 month or 2, others are waiting 4 month +.

Is it the different offices, or complexity of the files..?

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Waiting for oath since I took the test in August 2020.... 1 year and 1 month
Oh dear, thats really unacceptable. Dont know why this kind of differentiation from file to file. Now Decision made is changed to in process in ecas. Dont know what to do. Any one has this kind of update please share your experience??

Reactions: Maya88

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
I did my test on April 30th, passed. BG was completed June 14th. No updates since June 15th. I wonder how long until DM. I'm back in for the long haul I feel

• Sad
Reactions: sk000

nick5139

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I did my test on April 30th, passed. BG was completed June 14th. No updates since June 15th. I wonder how long until DM. I'm back in for the long haul I feel
My test was end of Nov 2021, DM - June 15th as well. :D nothing yet. I'd happy if i get something within this year!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
@rajkamalmohanram I need your help. Can you please let me know what kind of update we can see when our file is picked up for urgent processing?? My friend Nov 2020 applicant. Gave test in Dec 2021. Everything was completed except oath ceremony on 19 feb 2022 and nothing after until there is ghost update on aug 17th 2022. Was expecting oathdate in 48hrs but so far no other changes. Called agents twice they said no update but today agent told his email has been added for urgent processing thats why there might be update on aug 17th. Can you please let me how we can knw urgent processing??can we see know tracker. He requested UP two months back.
Urgent processing is murky waters. We can't be sure - There is no separate notification. However, for me, someone from Mississauga office called and confirmed if I would be available a couple of weeks later for the oath ceremony.

Just call the IRCC call center and check with them. They might be able to see some notes on your file.

Reactions: sk000

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Hi, I received the oath invite. Based in Ottawa, but it looks like oath invite came from Niagara Falls, ON. Also it seems like there will be at least hundreds of people at the online ceremony going by the seat number allocations.

Timeline for reference:

Paper Application: Nov 2020
AOR: Feb 2021
Fingerprint Request: Sep 2021
Fingerprints Submitted: Nov 2021 (which updated the background check to complete within 4 weeks)
Test Invite: Jan 2022
Test Date: Feb 2022 (status updated within 2 days to complete)
DM: June 27, 2022 (prohibitions, language, physical presence) & ECAS DM update also.
Oath Invite: Online update Aug 22, 2022 & Email on Aug 23, 2022
Oath Date: 13 Sep 2022

Looking forward to ending this process finally. Hoping for the best.

fwiw - my spouse applied a month later than me early Dec 2020, and that app is DM since Aug 5, 2022, and nothing since.

I'm gonna see if there are any oath forums here to get familiar with that process.
Timeline Update: My spouse also got online oath invite update on Sept 1 and oath email on Sept 8 with oath date of Sept 27. Also from Niagara Falls, ON like mine.

Maybe possible that other Ottawa folks will also see their files moving soon.

Reactions: HoPe90 and sk000

blast4past

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Now that the Queen is dead, there are many things that need to be legally changed - oath text, oath forms, certificates, passports and who knows what else behind the scenes.

Unfortunately expecting more confusion and delays around this now, as if the current delays weren't enough.

Here's some recent confusion that happened at the last oath ceremony - https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/thats-wild-new-canadians-swear-citizenship-oath-to-king-charles-iii

The oath form that one signs and emails needs to be changed as well. The one that's received with the rest of the oath email stuff.
Even after oath they'll need to switch to new citizenship certificate and passport copies before issuing them.

Staying optimistic but going by their/IRCC's past record, which is poor I'm not expecting these changes to go smoothly. Gladly waiting to be proven wrong.