+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

abidm6

Star Member
Dec 19, 2015
Any one here who has seen prohibition notification of in progress under application history?
As my prohibition status was in progress since the start of application, yesterday under application history it was updated as "Prohibition status has been updated to In progress".
It confusing for me as my all has been completed except prohibition.
please guide

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
Feels like this group is dead. I'm still waiting for a DM and Oath. Anyone else?
I am also still waiting, did my test in December. Nothing since then and I am trying to plan my travel since my PR card expires in October.

Hopefully we all get something before then!

Reactions: boomshanker

nick5139

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
I am also still waiting, did my test in December. Nothing since then and I am trying to plan my travel since my PR card expires in October.

my timeline is just the same as yours pretty much, just got test and BG completed. and I hope so as well. this is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: HoPe90
Dec 21, 2020
Hey all! Has anyone done their ceremony recently? I heard they ask you at that time if you have any travel plans or reasons to expedite the arrival of your certificate.

I do have tentative travel plans soon, and the passport waits are insane at the moment, so just wondering if they ask for proof of travel or anything like that if you replied "yes" to that question.

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hey all! Has anyone done their ceremony recently? I heard they ask you at that time if you have any travel plans or reasons to expedite the arrival of your certificate.

I do have tentative travel plans soon, and the passport waits are insane at the moment, so just wondering if they ask for proof of travel or anything like that if you replied "yes" to that question.
Yes the agent asked for confirmed ticket and job offer.

joy02

Jan 13, 2019
Finally!! After my follow up a month ago they updated everything and gave me my oath taking schedule this coming June 21.

just a question tho. I never received an email about the process or procedure for the oath taking, will they email me before June 21?Should I wait? Or should I call them as soon as possibles?

Reactions: sk000

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Finally!! After my follow up a month ago they updated everything and gave me my oath taking schedule this coming June 21.

just a question tho. I never received an email about the process or procedure for the oath taking, will they email me before June 21?Should I wait? Or should I call them as soon as possibles?
Expect the email 2-3 days prior to the oath ceremony. Contact them if you dont receive the email even by the 1 day prior to oath.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020

My friend is on the same boat. He gave test in December 2021 and got decision made in Feb 2022 and nothing after that. No oath date yet. His PR will expire in October. Is cic doing this on purpose so that they get money for PR renewal. This is ridiculous wait time. His family condition is not so good back home. He might have to go anytime. Any suggestions how can we make cic wake up and work on his file. Please suggest based on your experiences. Not sure what it is taking so long for giving oath invitation.

Ryn_20

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020

Can you please share what kind of follow up you are referring too?? I am trying to help my friend who is sitting on Decision made since feb 2022.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
My friend is on the same boat. He gave test in December 2021 and got decision made in Feb 2022 and nothing after that. No oath date yet. His PR will expire in October. Is cic doing this on purpose so that they get money for PR renewal. This is ridiculous wait time. His family condition is not so good back home. He might have to go anytime. Any suggestions how can we make cic wake up and work on his file. Please suggest based on your experiences. Not sure what it is taking so long for giving oath invitation.
My PR expired last year in November. I just renewed it because I wanted to travel this year while I was waiting. It sucks but I just did it and got it over with.

• Wow
Reactions: sk000