+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Today is the first day of my window to take the test. I still haven't received an email. Anyone else experience this as well?
Apparently there is a website/portal that you can access during your window where you don't need an email. Someone posted about it here a few weeks back and they provided the link. As long as you are within your test window, you should be able to access it and complete the test. Good luck with it!

ujji

Jan 28, 2021
How can one check if a DM has been made on the application. On the portal I can only check status for fields such as Citizenship Test Status, Physical Presence, Language Requirements etc.

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
Apparently there is a website/portal that you can access during your window where you don't need an email. Someone posted about it here a few weeks back and they provided the link. As long as you are within your test window, you should be able to access it and complete the test. Good luck with it!
Thanks. I will scroll back in the thread and see if I can find it.

Qrios1

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
How can one check if a DM has been made on the application. On the portal I can only check status for fields such as Citizenship Test Status, Physical Presence, Language Requirements etc.
DM is seen in the old ECAS not the new tracker. Try and check there. If Language, Prohibitions, and Physical presence are all turned to completed that is considered "Decision Made" in the new tracker as only the oath would be remaining.

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
I completed My Oath on the 30th of March. Citizenship Certificate received 2 days after. I explained to the Citizenship official about my urgent need to travel mid April. Request was granted but he didn't guarantee. Now I have my certificate and I have applied for my Canadian Passport today. Thank you so much everyone!

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Whats the difference between the mailing option 3 and 4 ( Courier would be any trackable service UPS / Canada Post ? )

Submit the application by mail

Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your application and help protect your documents.

Mailing address (non-courier)
Government of Canada
Passport Program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3

Courier address
Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Whats the difference between the mailing option 3 and 4 ( Courier would be any trackable service UPS / Canada Post ? )

Submit the application by mail

Use a certified courier or traceable mail service to reduce the delivery time of your application and help protect your documents.

Mailing address (non-courier)
Government of Canada
Passport Program
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0G3

Courier address
Government of Canada
Passport Program
22 de Varennes Street
Gatineau, Quebec J8T 8R1
As I understand it, the first one for Canada post, regular or registered. The second for services like Fedex and similar services.

Reactions: Gunners

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
Thanks. I will scroll back in the thread and see if I can find it.
Yup ! That was probably me ! I didn’t get invitation test email until today . I have to call CIC and asked what’s going on. Basically you can do the test without email invitation. You'll only need application no and UCl . But me being me , I want proper written documentation on the process , so I asked the agent to email me the link. The email I got from call Center agent is different with normal invitation email but I only need it for documentation anyway.

AND I did my test but my tracker didn’t show anything until today, more than 3 weeks after I took my test, while other people’s tracker changed to test complete within few days.

CIC agents are generally nice and accommodating when I call , it’s just that the battle (and luck) I have to go through to talk with actual human.

All the best for your test

Reactions: Roger1985