+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

nguyenbr

Mar 22, 2022
Finally received the invitation to take the Oath of citizenship. Oath is on March 29th. One step closer. I hope those who are waiting will be getting soon too.
FYI, old ECAS displays still "In Process"
Congrats! Just looked at your progress on the spreadsheet, I didn't expect it took that long from DM to the oath invitation. It's a long way ahead for mine

Reactions: sk000

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Congrats! Just looked at your progress on the spreadsheet, I didn't expect it took that long from DM to the oath invitation. It's a long way ahead for mine
well it depends on case by case right! some ppl get it early some ppl are still waiting. just be thankful if something good happens to you and wish something good for others.
Think about for those application from 2019 who are still waiting for their Oath or even test invite!!
anyway good luck to you :)

Reactions: Agnella3

ibrahim93

Oct 31, 2016
Well I am just trying something because I have no movement on my file since April 23, 2021. The MP told me they were going to try to get my GCMS notes for me.

It's extremely frustrating seeing everyone write the test and even people who applied after. Also seeing everyone complaining about oath when there are others who haven't even written the test yet. I might just withdraw my application and re apply at a later date.
Did you get any update? From MP or Mississauga office?

Sud Malhotra

Sep 21, 2021
I never got the test request. Today I got an email to send all passport pages. Does the test request come after this or before? If after, then how many days on average anybody has gotten a request for a test after passport pages are sent via email.

fafa1004

Jan 5, 2013
Hi ,

So, I didn’t get email for test invitation although in my tracker it states I can do my test.
After tried to call couples of times , I finally spoke to an officer who told me the email has been sent but probably I didn’t get it because of some error (I made sure check all the spam and junk , etc )

Long story short I did my test a day before the limit
But after 2 weeks I didn’t get any confirmation result
I read some people get the result within couple days or a week . Or even if they have to redo the test , they will get the confirmation what went wrong

How long do you think it’s appropriate to call cic regarding this?
I know cic probably busy with all the things happening now and I don’t really want to call if I don’t have to. Calling them now is stressful experience, the last time it went through I just pushed random button after so many call ended up asking me to check their website