+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
It's a lot like this, really:

We are all Calvin in this moment. In the end, screaming at something that will not change only makes you tired and upset, so might as well channel those emotions into something you can benefit from - if you're already in pain, get a reward from it, you know? I can make up for lost time with my wife once we are reunited, but with one's parents it's not quite the same especially as they get older. But then again, one of the things we accepted as our fate being immigrants was that seeing our loved ones in our countries of origin was never going to be a frequent affair either.

As an aside, I have been doing some.....'enhanced studying' as part of all this free time I have to prepare for the citizenship test; go down some rabbit holes for topics that also talk about the not-so-great things Canada has done to its residents in past. One of those things was the racism-rooted 'head tax' for Chinese immigrants (who helped build the railway that spans Canada), with the cost being so exorbitant that the immigrants couldn't ever afford going back to see their loved ones in China again.

This Father's day, a group of people from the Chinese community in the GTA area sought to honour these unknown, unsung pioneers by going to clean and maintain their gravestones. These men - fathers, husbands, uncles - died away from their families in an unknown land trying to build a better life in a time where even travel was a risky, arduous affair even when possible.

Times are tough, but this too shall pass and we, as immigrants on the final leg of this journey would do well to remember the thousands of footsteps on the same path as us who endured so much more for far fewer rights and privileges that we enjoy today thanks to both science and equality.

Lifting off the quote from your signature -------"The two hardest tests on the spiritual road are the patience to wait for the right moment and the courage not to be disappointed with what we encounter."

I think this is true more than at any other point in our lives........

Definitely keeps me going........

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
It's weird. I haven't yet received a test invite... I wonder if some people just don't receive them?
I think you'll get it, but I imagine their system has some lag in the turnaround time between confirming the outcome of a test taken with a slot, releasing it and then re-assigning it to you (the new owner of the slot).

So in a way, the notification in eCAS is really more of an 'advance notice' of an incoming invitation than an immediate issuance of one.

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
I think you'll get it, but I imagine their system has some lag in the turnaround time between confirming the outcome of a test taken with a slot, releasing it and then re-assigning it to you (the new owner of the slot).

So in a way, the notification in eCAS is really more of an 'advance notice' of an incoming invitation than an immediate issuance of one.
That makes sense yeah! I encourage everyone to keep checking their eCAS status as well. Had I not checked, I wouldn't have known!

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Websites still states to be in Canada to take the test , are they allowing test to be taken outside Canada , I saw in a FB group too ,but not sure if it's true
  • be in Canada to take the test

Reactions: Gunners

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
Websites still states to be in Canada to take the test , are they allowing test to be taken outside Canada , I saw in a FB group too ,but not sure if it's true
Correct a lot of FB posts have mentioned the same

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
They are yet to update the site. Already offices and call centers are confirming to write the test from outside.

Reactions: Gunners

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
They are yet to update the site. Already offices and call centers are confirming to write the test from outside.
Sounds like a PR disaster waiting to happen. A lot of rabble-rousers are already pushing stuff like this in the media, this would send them into orbit. :(

• Sad
Reactions: eager