+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Gunners

Jul 13, 2016
All of mine are still "in progress" status - last update 23rd April - so I presume my account/file hasnt been in touched in a month now.

For the person who asked what's MP - if you're applying for citizenship then better get studying my friend lol!
Same timeline!

Reactions: Roger1985

halayqa

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
I just called IRCC, call centre agent mentioned, my security has been passed and they are doing criminal checks and eventually, I'll get an FP request.
What's the difference between security and criminal checks?
so your BG still in progress ? may be those still in progress will get FP at some point ?

Roger1985

Star Member
Nov 23, 2020
All of mine are still "in progress" status - last update 23rd April - so I presume my account/file hasnt been in touched in a month now.

For the person who asked what's MP - if you're applying for citizenship then better get studying my friend lol!
Mine says the same. It hasn't been updated in some time. Wonder if they post updates to the site once a month

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
As per IRCC, my Security checks are completed long time back, however, RCMP is working since March 8 and at this time no Fingerprint require.
I hope they will complete security checks soon.

Also, last update on my file is April 23

Reactions: Kornet and halayqa

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
As per IRCC, my Security checks are completed long time back, however, RCMP is working since March 8 and at this time no Fingerprint require.

I am in the same situation my criminality is in process for long time but security is completed. I am a July 2020 applicant I am just trying to see if we have any similar pattern.

novascotia27

Jan 4, 2016

You will most definitely get a FP request. The timing of that is uncertain tho.

Jack-Can

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
I am in the same situation my criminality is in process for long time but security is completed. I am a July 2020 applicant I am just trying to see if we have any similar pattern.
I am Oct 2020 Applicant. Not sure why RCMP ( Criminal checks ) Are taking that much time. My IRCC office is Hamilton by the way.
Do you know which IRCC office is handling your application ?

Canadiann2020

Star Member
Dec 24, 2020
I am Oct 2020 Applicant. Not sure why RCMP ( Criminal checks ) Are taking that much time. My IRCC office is Hamilton by the way.
Do you know which IRCC office is handling your application ?
Vancouver office is handling my application. Man I'm fed up with RCMP all my friends who applied in July are done with there tests but I am stuck with this stupid criminality. They haven't asked for fringed prints either. I recently ordered my Gcms notes but it's taking more than a month.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Are people calling ircc, and they are telling you don't need finger prints for now ?
Not everyone needs to submit fingerprints. It depends on many factors including your name (if your name is a common one and hence there is more chance that there is a name hit in one of the criminal/security databases).

You only have to submit fingerprints if you are asked for it.