+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

Dec 4, 2020
hi all

what is thought/speculation as to when those of us who are "in progress" will actually get test invite?

If finger prints are asked for first, how long after do you think test invite will come?

I am currently out of the country, due to family + covid reasons so looking to get temp job until I can come back for citizenship test.

Would next 3-6 months be too soon to receive test invite?

Cheers
About 2-3 months for FP from In-Process, another 2-3 months for test invite and then a few more days or months to oath. Applicants around and after August 2020 appear to still be processed within a 1 year target processing time of IRCC.

This is my rough estimate or guess and don't necessarily mean it applies to you tho.

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
About 2-3 months for FP from In-Process, another 2-3 months for test invite and then a few more days or months to oath. Applicants around and after August 2020 appear to still be processed within a 1 year target processing time of IRCC.

This is my rough estimate or guess and don't necessarily mean it applies to you tho.
i maybe wrong but looking at spread sheet, fp request seems to be after or around in process (not for everyone) recently , so if no fp around in progress, than just wait to get test invite in 4-6 months from now

Kaymin

Oct 11, 2020

Did anyone figure out what is the criteria to request FP? We have submitted them for the PR is this still required for Citizenship?
The reason asking is I am working on rotation out of Canada and if they sent three requests FP , Test then Oath i am sure I will miss one of them as it is impossible to quickly come back for all those requests if they happen when out

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Did anyone figure out what is the criteria to request FP? We have submitted them for the PR is this still required for Citizenship?
The reason asking is I am working on rotation out of Canada and if they sent three requests FP , Test then Oath i am sure I will miss one of them as it is impossible to quickly come back for all those requests if they happen when out
you can submit your FP even if you are out of Canada. Not sure about Oath but for Test you have to be in Canada regardless. Worst case scenario if you have to be in Canada so be it. It's the last hurdle dealing with IRCC.

https://www.canadianfingerprints.com/international-fingerprinting/what-is-the-process

Beau0216

May 3, 2021
Hi all, i’m new here. I submitted my application on November 17 and delivery date was Nov 20, 2020. I still havent heard back anything. Should I be worried?? Very anxious here

M.S.R

Dec 14, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-6-2015
Doc's Request.
3-11-2015
Nomination.....
6-11-2015
AOR Received.
28-12-2015
Med's Done....
4-12-2015
Hi all, i’m new here. I submitted my application on November 17 and delivery date was Nov 20, 2020. I still havent heard back anything. Should I be worried?? Very anxious here
Did you get AOR? means acknowledgment of application? If not you should call IRCC

tkk1

May 4, 2021
Nov 30 2020- Application Received
Feb 25, 2021- AOR
March 29, 2021 - In Process
Please add me on tracker. Thank you

icelander

May 8, 2021
Application type: Citizenship grant
Physical presence days: 1157
App sent date: Nov 1, 2020
App delivered date: Nov 04, 2020
AoR: Feb 02, 2021
ECAS In-process date: Mar 09, 2021

Kindly add my info to the tracker. Thanks!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
The general understanding is that FP request is triggered mostly when the person has a common name and there is a name hit (same or similar name) in any of the criminal/security databases. In this case, IRCC requests FP to ensure that the person listed in the criminal database is not you.

There is no guarantee that you'll not receive FP request for citizenship if you were already requested FP for PR.

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Did everyone notice the new CAS platform to check application status?? It's really awesome! We can now check where the application is step by step. Mine says Background COMPLETED. The rest are In-Progess and test and path not started.

BuzzBuzz

Star Member
Jun 28, 2018
Did everyone notice the new CAS platform to check application status?? It's really awesome! We can now check where the application is step by step. Mine says Background COMPLETED. The rest are In-Progess and test and path not started.
Is it the same as Client Application Status - On-Line Services?

I still have the old look.