+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

BOYX

May 5, 2017
Toronto, ON
Hello,

What are the chances of getting asked for a fingerprint, during our citizenship application process? I've never submitted my Fingerprints before during my PR process... Will such people be asked to submit their fingerprints?
I am on the same boat as you. I have never submitted my fingerprints to Canada. I became a PR in 2002 when I was a toddler, and I do not remember providing my finger prints at the time (I remember every other step of the process quite well actually).

I did have to give my fingerprints to the US & Europe when applying for their respective visas, although I am not sure whether countries exchange fingerprint databases. I would suspect US, Canada & Europe to exchange fingerprint databases to be honest. EDIT: Looks like I was somewhat correct; the US, UK, Canada, Australia & NZ are part of a treaty to exchange biometric data. I hope Canada has mine from the US in that case because the treaty appears to have been introduced for immigration purposes.

If not, I reckon I will have to provide mine sometime soon. Although I would prefer not so that my application continues sailing smoothly. In any case, I have received my In Process status last month, therefore if I am due for a request, it should arrive sometime in the next couple of months. I will let you know if I did end up receiving my request.

Last edited:

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
I am on the same boat as you. I have never submitted my fingerprints to Canada. I became a PR in 2002 when I was a toddler, and I do not remember providing my finger prints at the time (I remember every other step of the process quite well actually).

I did have to give my fingerprints to the US & Europe when applying for their respective visas, although I am not sure whether countries exchange fingerprint databases. I would suspect US, Canada & Europe to exchange fingerprint databases to be honest. EDIT: Looks like I was somewhat correct; the US, UK, Canada, Australia & NZ are part of a treaty to exchange biometric data. I hope Canada has mine from the US in that case because the treaty appears to have been introduced for immigration purposes.

If not, I reckon I will have to provide mine sometime soon. Although I would prefer not so that my application continues sailing smoothly. In any case, I have received my In Process status last month, therefore if I am due for a request, it should arrive sometime in the next couple of months. I will let you know if I did end up receiving my request.
Well I hope you are right. I really dont wanna go through the non-routine path. But hey if I have to take that path I will lol...it'll just take more time to process thats all. It is what it is. There are more things to prioritize than this Citizenship process in anyone's life I am sure of it.

shekhar78

Aug 3, 2016
Hi All,

My App updated to "In Process" Today.

Application type: Family of 2 (1 Adults, 1 child)
Physical presence days: 1,111 days
App sent date: Nov 4th, 2020
App delivered date: Nov 6th, 2020
AOR date: Feb 25th, 2021
In Process : Mar 9th 2021
Congratulations!! that's the second one in the group .. looks like the ball is now rolling for Nov applicants

Reactions: Carla2016

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Same here. I did submit my fingerprints once for U.S tourist visa. Hopefully, we are not called for Fingerprints again! Only time will tell!

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am on the same boat like you. Chances are pretty high cause if you've never been asked for the last 10 years. Again its my assumption. I've seen people in the forum within a family they asked for one person not the other.
I would say if they ask for it we have to give them. There's no work around. All I can wish for that the whole process can be done within IRCC's projected time.
Yeah, no way around it obviously. Let's see.

Reactions: sk000

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

My App updated to "In Process" Today.

Application type: Family of 2 (1 Adults, 1 child)
Physical presence days: 1,111 days
App sent date: Nov 4th, 2020
App delivered date: Nov 6th, 2020
AOR date: Feb 25th, 2021
In Process : Mar 9th 2021
Congratulations! Wow that's really fast.. from AOR to In Process - Only 1 week 05 days!!!
Although your Application delivered to AOR took 03 Months and 19 days... while many people reported less than 03 months for their AOR to come.
I'm really hoping most of us Nov applicants see their In process status in max 04-05 week's time.

YuliaYulia

Jun 18, 2018
Category........
FAM
Hi All,

My Application was updated to "In process" today.

Could you please update the spreadsheet accordingly?

Location (city): Toronto
App type (single or # of people): Single
Physical presence days: 1121
App sent date: 26 Oct 2020
App delivered date: 2 Nov 2020
AOR date: 3 Feb 2021
In process: 8 March 2021

FutureImmi

May 8, 2014
Hi All,

Could you please update the spreadsheet accordingly?

Physical presence days: 1121
App sent date: 26 Oct 2020
App delivered date: 2 Nov 2020
AOR date: 3 Feb 2021
In process: 8 March 2021
Updated.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Good to see progress! Outside of spiderman (who is the anomaly for AOR, but whose actual receipt date is within the norm for the period - which is throwing off their specific AOR to IP duration), it looks like the original average as seen for October 2020's cohort, with likely more to fall within the time as them.

This is somewhat disappointing because it means (for now) that the change has happened only for the first stage of processing (Submission to AOR), but it's also too early to tell. I'm reserving judgment until we have a minimum threshold of 50% 'in process'. I am also looking to see how the performance from Calgary and Saskatoon impacts the numbers (a quick glance at the October 2020 cohort shows that they were processing fairly quickly as well). At the current rate, it's possible we could see at least 30% 'In Process' by the end of March (Considering about 48% of November applicants sit with an 'App Received' between November 1 - 15, this is a pretty conservative assumption; the likelihood is closer to 37%±5)

By the looks of it, all three are Ontario folks being present either within Toronto or in close proximity to the GTA (Whitby). This means there's a high probability that their processing centre is CPC Scarborough. It's likely more Toronto-based applications (7 or so, by my rough count) from November 1 - 10 should see imminent movement in their applications before March 17.

I reckon that Toronto applications from Nov 2020 have made their way to Scarborough already and are in the process of being opened in order of their receipt to the facility and checked into the system for processing.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
Hey Guys,

Physical presence days: 1160
App sent date: 27/10/2020
App delivered date: 02/11/2020
AOR: 01/02/2021
In Process: March 10
Updated! All progress is good progress! :)

Good news keeps coming - mine also updated to 'In Process' as of March 10, 2021 as well!