+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
When did you do your citizenship test? In my tracker, everything updated to completed on December 1st, 2021, I dont know how long i will have to wait for the oath. :( :( (montreal office)
Hey, I used historical data for Montreal, it looks like the average wait time from the Test till the Oath is about 154 days, minimum 117 days, maximum 200 days (sample 31 applicants from Montreal)

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hey, I used historical data for Montreal, it looks like the average wait time from the Test till the Oath is about 154 days, minimum 117 days, maximum 200 days (sample 31 applicants from Montreal)
I know someone who has been waiting for the oath after DM in the Montreal office since Jan 2021, and another one since March 2021, both of them have been waiting > 200 days since DM (and more days since the test)

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
Hey, everyone, I created the Oath Timeline Estimator using Google Sheets and historical data for 2020. To make changes and input your Test dates, please make a copy and save to your drive (File > Make a Copy)

I filtered out urgent processing requests and applicants who don't require the Test (e.g. 55+), so their results will not skew the overall numbers. You may also adjust filters in the pivot table by selecting your city, please make sure that the sample is representative (e.g. if there are only 2 applicants from your city, it hardly gives good estimates)

For the timeline, I calculated several scenarios, e.g. average, median, min and max, as well as min_Max, max_Min etc. Since IRCC has no logic how they process the application for a specific month or city, it's better to consider best and worst scenarios.

Enjoy!

hayden314

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Toronto, ON
I know someone who has been waiting for the oath after DM in the Montreal office since Jan 2021, and another one since March 2021, both of them have been waiting > 200 days since DM (and more days since the test)
Yes. If people you know add their data to the tracker, the maximum will be updated

Reactions: Maya88

DeeBruv

Aug 27, 2014
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Doc's Request.
WES FSW Platform update 12-12-2014
Nomination.....
17-12-2014
AOR Received.
17-12-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
29th June 2016
Med's Done....
06-07-2015, Updated forms req and RPRF 17-07-2015, Medicals Received 20-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-06-2016 Pick Up Mail 20-06-2016 ECAS Updated to DECISION MADE 23-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
Wasn't expecting to receive my Citizenship Certificate so quickly, but 1 week to the day it has arrived!

Hope everyone gets updates and completions soon.
Wow!! That's super quick!

Reactions: citcan

vadim_n

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Nomination.....
12-01-2015
AOR Received.
28-02-2015
Hey, everyone, I created the Oath Timeline Estimator using Google Sheets and historical data for 2020. To make changes and input your Test dates, please make a copy and save to your drive (File > Make a Copy)

I filtered out urgent processing requests and applicants who don't require the Test (e.g. 55+), so their results will not skew the overall numbers. You may also adjust filters in the pivot table by selecting your city, please make sure that the sample is representative (e.g. if there are only 2 applicants from your city, it hardly gives good estimates)

For the timeline, I calculated several scenarios, e.g. average, median, min and max, as well as min_Max, max_Min etc. Since IRCC has no logic how they process the application for a specific month or city, it's better to consider best and worst scenarios.

Enjoy!
Thanks Hayden, that's a good estimation, I'll see if it works in my case :)

Reactions: hayden314

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017

Enjoy!
This is really cool thank you!!
I did the test in July and I plugged in my test date. Unfortunately I'm past all the calculated averages and am currently in the Pessimistic Forecast table
I probably won't get my oath until April.

Reactions: hayden314

OllySyd

Apr 13, 2017
For my wife - everything is shown as completed and waiting oath date since Nov 22. For Me - everything except back ground and test is shown as in progress (issues with my test being validated only after 2.5 months after completion - issue with CIC). Kids ( < 16) also shown as in progress....... with prohibitions completed on Nov 22 (same day update as my wife), but language, background, physical presence in progress and Citizenship TEst not started....i think they will get their citizenship first even though we are family applicants.....dont know what else to say except feel frustrated..

initowinit

Dec 9, 2021
Did you apply for Grant of Citizenship? You may need to further clarify. Citizenship Certificate can be applied for/ obtained after the Oath Ceremony. Most applications are identified with the UCI number if you chose that Identifier option. Yes it could have been delivered by the Courier Company but there must be a UCI number on your documentation with CIC. Its on your PR Card. If it says 'Not available in the system yet' You may need to re-apply to be on the safe side. Its been over a year......
Thanks for the response! So this is what was applied for https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/application-citizenship-certificate-adults-minors.html

The person applying is not a permanent resident of Canada, she lives in the States. Her father is from Canada. So does this mean she would need to apply for citizenship first? Thanks again.