+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2020 - Citizenship Application

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If it was only a split second, that should not have caused any issues. The webform was unnecessary. Test status doesn't get validated in a couple of days for everyone. Some people wait for 10 days and others wait for a month. There are a few instances where applicants have waited several months if I recall correctly.

You should see the test validated soon enough. Good luck
Hello,
@rajkamalmohanram you were right it seems and that webform was unnecessary.
Despite the split second blunder , I see that my tracker has been updated to *CItizenship test complete*.

However rest Prhbitions, Langauhe skills and Physical check remain in process.

What does it mean? Am I on my way to receive interview / oath ceremony? Or sending the webform willl delay it?

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello,
@rajkamalmohanram you were right it seems and that webform was unnecessary.
Despite the split second blunder , I see that my tracker has been updated to *CItizenship test complete*.

However rest Prhbitions, Langauhe skills and Physical check remain in process.

What does it mean? Am I on my way to receive interview / oath ceremony? Or sending the webform willl delay it?
You might receive a request to submit all the pages of your passport. Some people receive an interview invite in addition to passport pages request (but the number of interview instances have gone down considerably). Some people don't receive either and their applications advance directly to the "Decision Made" status on ECAS. Concurrently, Language, Physical presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" in the status dashboard.

Reactions: Roger1985

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might receive a request to submit all the pages of your passport. Some people receive an interview invite in addition to passport pages request (but the number of interview instances have gone down considerably). Some people don't receive either and their applications advance directly to the "Decision Made" status on ECAS. Concurrently, Language, Physical presence and Prohibitions will be set to "Completed" in the status dashboard.
Yeah. Thanks for your opinion. But one of my friend, she appeared for citizenship test... passed it... but instead of the tracker showing citizenship test completed, her rest of things like Language, Prohibitions and physical presence got updated to complete within less than 24 hours! Any ideas why that might be for some?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Yeah. Thanks for your opinion. But one of my friend, she appeared for citizenship test... passed it... but instead of the tracker showing citizenship test completed, her rest of things like Language, Prohibitions and physical presence got updated to complete within less than 24 hours! Any ideas why that might be for some?
Depends on the office and the officer processing your application. Happens to some people. You can't pinpoint as to why it is happening for others but not for you.

Reactions: siddharthbala

trv_237

Sep 18, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent-04-11-2016, Received- 07-11-2016
AOR Received.
SA-Nov 30th, AOR2- 19th December-2016
Reactions: Maya88

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Finally ircc website updated for online test with this info :

If you’re outside of Canada
If you get your invitation and plan to take the test while you’re outside Canada, send an email to the address in the Eligibility section of your invitation.

In your email

put “Outside Canada – Citizenship Test” in the subject line
in the body of your message, include
your full name
your application number
the start and end date for your test
We’ll contact you with your next steps after we receive your email.

Last edited:

salem10

Jul 6, 2010
Ontario, since 2006
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
0711/4131/4121
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
10-05-2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 02, 2010
AOR Received.
May 19, 2011 from buffalo
IELTS Request
submitted writtin sample (accepted)
Med's Request
April 14, 2012
Med's Done....
June 10, 2011, again in May 02, 2012 -medical furtherance June29-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
20-06-2015
Let's play a game of predicting what month we will have the passport at hand. My guess is December.
If I got my passport by December and could meet you, your coffee on me for the whole month:).

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
If I got my passport by December and could meet you, your coffee on me for the whole month:).
You are very optimistic. I am Nov 2019 applicant, and I am no optimistic to get it this year with pace
It still could happen, with Ontario (arguably Canada's most populated province) going to Stage 3 of reopening as of today, which means limited capacity indoor activities as well. Even my own office has stated they'd be welcoming people in limited numbers back to the office. It is not unreasonable to expect that in-person IRCC activities could resume within the next three months as well, leading into the fall. Even though there are concerns that the Delta (and who knows, the Lambda variant) could derail things, ultimately for those fully vaccinated the threat is still mitigated to a certain degree. At some point, we must accept that life must move on and we will need to deal with the ongoing threat of COVID the best we can, under the circumstances.

For context, a lot of things can change in just three months - Back in April, I'll be the first to say I was more than a little jealous that our friends from the south were getting vaccinated at a prodigious rate while folks in Canada were barely vaccinated outside some of the most vulnerable. Now, in July, look at our vaccination numbers!

Chin up - there is light at the end of this tunnel and the situation is still fluid enough that we cannot reasonably predict anything. So why not expect for the best, while planning for the worst? :)

Cobie212

Mar 20, 2021
Yes Not sure when the next update come after BG check . April 23rd and counting
Just a random guess here, the next wave of test invites (for those with BG completed and last update on April 23) will probably go out around the 1-year mark, i.e closer to November 2021.