Nov 10, 2020
FSW - Outland (OINP), with spouse & two kids
COR : India (New Delhi)
AOR : 17-Nov-2020
Biometrics Completed : 26-Feb-2021
VO : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Medical Expired in July 2021
Long silence & no updates since then..

I have raised a web-form on 18.Jan.2022 to check for a status update on my file and received below response (from the same agent who earlier replied details of VO for my file) few mins back.

We verified the information on file and can confirm that:

• The eligibility verifications have not been initiated.
  • The security background verification has not been initiated.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. Our ability to review and process applications is also being affected.

Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

It seems like they are picking up applications on random basis, with no set criteria. The wait seems to continue for now...
Would you mind to share what does your Background Check say in your CIC account?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sanjeevpuri21

Sep 13, 2019
Did they say when your application was transferred to Winnipeg VO? Looks like eligibility is still not started for you which means your application must have been transferred shortly after you submitted.
I am not sure when the file was transferred to Winnipeg VO as I didn't get any reply on the web-forms raised earlier and have ordered GCMS notes last weeks only for the first time.

sanjeevpuri21

Sep 13, 2019
Would you mind to share what does your Background Check say in your CIC account?
Thanks in advance.
As of now, on the portal, the background check says -
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Reactions: esc

JassMinni

Nov 23, 2020
Hello everyone
After remedical is passed, when we should expect the next update ? Any idea ?
I feel the canadian goverment should reduce the time period for the citizenship application of all those whose files have been delayed due to pandemic.

Last edited:

mumbai_demon

Jan 5, 2021
AOR 26 Nov
I haven't received any re-medical request. Can somebody please help me get an idea when should that be happening. I read on this thread that someone with AOR of 01 Nov got their re-med request in Jan 2022.
Also, once the re-med is passed, any tentative timelines to PPR?
Many of us havent recd remed request. After remed passed it takes around a month for PPR or sometimes even less.

Drillinglife

Star Member
Mar 19, 2017
Finally!!
Aor: Nov 16, 2020 FSW-Inland
VO: Ottawa
Eligibility was passed since Jan 2021.

Last time i called was Dec 2021: Same response, criminality was in progress and security not started. I was told Medicals that expired in Sep 2021 was extended but it was not shown online yet.

Medicals extended on online profile: Feb 02, 2022

Adr, Schedule A: Feb 03. I sent it on the same day and they acknowledged receipt the next day (Feb 04)

Ghost update Feb 04
1st portal Email: Feb 05 (Replied the same day)
2nd portal Email with login credentials: Feb 06

Hang tight guys. I never imagined my turn will come. I had 100 doubts and bad scenarios in mind about what could go wrong, but here i am. I wish you all the best

argetlam93

Oct 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Med's Done....
17-12-2020
Change of marital status while waiting for COPR

Me and my wife (AOR: Nov 2020) had both applied under FSW-O EE before marriage.
We just got married recently and have filed a webform to update our statuses from "single" to "married".

Would you happen to know how does CIC usually treats these cases ?
We don't want one application to be closed down since both of us now have been waiting for over 14 months.

Would updating the status add further significant delay ?

more information:
My COR: USA
Wife's COR: India
VO: Ottawa

Thanks!

cc: @legalfalcon

Kenny George

Sep 7, 2021
Hi Guys,

Actually many PPR's are being issued but specifically if we talk about FSW-Outland Indian Candidates its very rare. Any specific reason for that??

Cevapi

Aug 20, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-09-2018
AOR Received.
05-09-2018
Med's Done....
29-09-2018
Once my medicals expired in November after 1 year, the passed update disappeared from my profile and was replaced by "You don't need a medical exam". Does that mean that my meds were extended? How would I know if they will request for remeds or my meds are extended without ordering GCMS?

izzyhu1106

Star Member
Jul 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Once my medicals expired in November after 1 year, the passed update disappeared from my profile and was replaced by "You don't need a medical exam". Does that mean that my meds were extended? How would I know if they will request for remeds or my meds are extended without ordering GCMS?
That means your medical assessment has expired.
Only GCMS notes can tell you whether it is actually extended.

Reactions: Cevapi