+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
Thank you for the detailed response.

I had my medical extended Nov 16
Montreal Vo
AOR: Dec 2, 2020
Was told yesterday that my file is at whitehorse. As at yesterday, eligibility was under review, security and criminality in progress, info sharing complete.
I would say apply GCMS notes, regardless the fact that it takes a month or over. It's free if you are in Canada. I tell this to everyone, had I not applied for the notes, my file would still be process for maybe few more months. Rather I think, I wasted over two weeks on overthinking whether I should send the documents proactively or just wait out for them to ask me. They are processing the files like anything these days. My VO was Montreal, in notes it changed to Vancouver and portal email came from Calgary. So, yeah.

JM_X

Star Member
Oct 14, 2021
Winnipeg
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
I would say apply GCMS notes, regardless the fact that it takes a month or over. It's free if you are in Canada. I tell this to everyone, had I not applied for the notes, my file would still be process for maybe few more months. Rather I think, I wasted over two weeks on overthinking whether I should send the documents proactively or just wait out for them to ask me. They are processing the files like anything these days. My VO was Montreal, in notes it changed to Vancouver and portal email came from Calgary. So, yeah.
I applied last weekend. It seems like there are two GCMS notes. CBSA and IRCC. I usually order from IRCC and takes about a month.

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal (yes, the one which is dead - not be confused with dead slow! I mean, dead!)
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
I applied last weekend. It seems like there are two GCMS notes. CBSA and IRCC. I usually order from IRCC and takes about a month.
Yeah, some says IRCC at times take longer. I applied from CBSA last time, but it doesn't really matter as long as you are getting the same thing. Keep us posted if you hear anything back. :)

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
Just got Portal Confirmation email!

Sharing my timeline and things that happened recently...
FSW (Inland)
VO: Montreal
AOR: 30 November 2020

No updates for almost a year until I got gcms note at the end of Oct. Firstly, my VO got changed to Vancouver making Montreal secondary. Another was my eligibility had review required.

I thought to be proactive and send them supporting documents for my eligibility, which I did on Nov 15 via webform,... and I got a response back on Nov 17 with Additional Document Request (ADR). Also, my cic account changed my medical status to passed on Nov 16 2021. I sent that ADR the following day on Nov 18.

Today, on Nov 25, I have received the portal email which was from Calgary.

Thank you everyone here for supporting and sharing information. I'm sure, your email is on the way too. Let's be hopeful! :)
You didnt get any remedical request?

pruthv

Feb 16, 2021
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
AOR Received.
30-11-2020
You didnt get any remedical request?
No. Most inland, if not all, are not getting remedical request as we are already in Canada.

Shivpati

Jul 1, 2020
No. Most inland, if not all, are not getting remedical request as we are already in Canada.
That's great to hear! So does that mean you directly got the portal emal? Also did you seeany update on your application status or it was just e-mail? thank you again for answering :)

argetlam93

Oct 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Med's Done....
17-12-2020
Has anyone with an October AOR and Ottawa VO received an update recently? (Other than medicals)
Just trying to gauge if Ottawa is working on late 2020 applications or not.
I was wondering the same, haven't seen much movement from applications at Ottawa VO recently. My AOR is November and the only update I got was also the medicals expiring on November 6th, 2021. No re-med request.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
That's great to hear! So does that mean you directly got the portal emal? Also did you seeany update on your application status or it was just e-mail? thank you again for answering :)
There is a public policy here to extends medical result for *almost* all inland applicants: Temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from requiring an immigration medical exam

But this policy will expire on December 28, 2021.

So now if our medical expires before that but we don't get automatically extended and then the Policy expires, i'm not sure what will happen then.

stickynotes15

Nov 22, 2020
I was wondering the same, haven't seen much movement from applications at Ottawa VO recently. My AOR is November and the only update I got was also the medicals expiring on November 6th, 2021. No re-med request.
Same here although I have an October AOR. Guess it doesn't matter much if its Ottawa VO. They are probably still processing early 2020 applications.