+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>>>>>NOVEMBER 2020 AOR<<<<<<< Join here

Jeet221990

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Passport Req..
08-06-2022
Hi All,

I received an email from IRCC stating that they are "Still working on your application". Is it a usual email or anything positive specifically, please advice.

AOR : NOV 2020 (FSW-Outland India)
Your VO is New Delhi or any other one?

Sand_canada

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I received a request letter from IRCC stating the following

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa"

I have applied to express entry from USA and currently I have travelled to India and in the request letter that I have received it is mentioned that I need to submit my passport - ship it to Canada and I'm not sure how I can do this from India as I read in some portals stating that sending passport abroad is not legal.

Can some one please guide me here. Thanks for all the help.
What's your stream?

ash21

Oct 18, 2020
Hello @legalfalcon @legalfalconindia ,

"The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa"

I have applied to express entry from USA and currently I have travelled to India and in the request letter that I have received it is mentioned that I need to submit my passport - ship it to Canada and I'm not sure how I can do this from India as I read in some portals stating that sending passport abroad is not legal.

Can you please guide me here . Thanks for all the help.

Reactions: cyystef and HRP2020

argetlam93

Oct 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-11-2020
Med's Done....
17-12-2020
Hi @ash21, Congratulations!! :)

As a FSW-Outland applicant, did your Elligibility, Background check, change on the portal some days before receiving this email ? Also did you order GCMS notes ?

Just trying to find out, since came to know another colleague of mine (FSW O -September AOR - applied from US) also got this email today.

Thanks for the info

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello @legalfalcon @legalfalconindia ,

Can you please guide me here . Thanks for all the help.
You will either have to send an email and inform IRCC that you are in India and asking to send you instructions to submit your passport in India. Alternatively, you can return to Canada and send the passport.

If you do decide to get the instructions from IRCC to submit the passport in India, make sure that you will be there in India for the next 2-4 months. It can take 2-6 weeks for IRCC to send you new instructions and another 30-90 days for your passport to be returned after you submit it.

If you cannot meet the 30 days timeframe you can seek an extension.

Last edited:

ash21

Oct 18, 2020
You will either have to send an email and inform IRCC that you are in India and asking to send you instructions to submit your passport in India. Alternatively, you can return to Canada and send the passport.

If you do decide to get the instructions from IRCC to submit the passport in India, make sure that you will be there in India for the next 2-4 months. It can take 2-6 weeks for IRCC to send you new instructions and another 30-90 days for your passport to be returned after you submit it.

If you cannot meet the 30 days timeframe you can seek an extension.
Thanks for the quick response @legalfalcon. I currently came to India for H1 stamping.
Where do you think would be a faster option to submit the passport from USA or India ?

ash21

Oct 18, 2020
Hi @ash21, Congratulations!! :)

As a FSW-Outland applicant, did your Elligibility, Background check, change on the portal some days before receiving this email ? Also did you order GCMS notes ?

Just trying to find out, since came to know another colleague of mine (FSW O -September AOR - applied from US) also got this email today.

Thanks for the info
I have directly received the request letter. Nothing changed on my profile it still says in process and I haven't order the GCMS notes.

Reactions: argetlam93

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thanks for the quick response @legalfalcon. I currently came to India for H1 stamping.
Where do you think would be a faster option to submit the passport from USA or India ?
It would be the US for sure, however, if you do not intend to travel back to the US, you can ask IRCC to send you instructions to submit your passport in India. Be advised that it can take 3-8 weeks for the instructions to arrive and another 3-10 weeks for the passports to be sent back after visa and cOPR are issued.

esc

Star Member
Nov 10, 2020
Hello all,

I visited the physician for my medical evaluation on 06/11/2020.

When should I expect a message from IRCC requesting a re-medical evaluation or informing an extension for the current result?

It seems to me that some people receive the message in one week while others end up receiving it after months.

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
Hello all,

I visited the physician for my medical evaluation on 06/11/2020.

When should I expect a message from IRCC requesting a re-medical evaluation or informing an extension for the current result?

It seems to me that some people receive the message in one week while others end up receiving it after months.
No one knows.

• Sad
Reactions: esc